Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Aanchal SharmasYour feedback matters!
Why did sometimes we feel strange regarding ourself or it can be described feeling insecurity within security.
I started smoking a year back. I smoke at least 1 cigarette a day. Will it be a problem in future to my body?
I am 25 years female. From last few months I am forgetting everymy mind will not let me to think about anything. I am forgetting everything. Unable to do even simple calculations.
I am suffering from anxiety disorder. Sometime stomach upset, heart pain, breathing problem, suicide thinking. Please help me.
Doctor I have fear and caught stand in a public. i have a feeling that all people are looking at me and laughing on me. I have no confidence in me thinking that all I am doing is wrong. What should I do?
Can I mix these in one bottle:- Argentum nit 30c (liquid) Mag phos (liquid) arsenic album 30c (liquid) Phos 30c (liquid) For severe, chronic and constant (24 hrs) anxiety or what should I take for it in your opinion.
Hii doctor. My son who is 18 years old. Has faced bullying by students of his class during class 11& 12. As such he has low self esteem. Wid no friends at all. Now he is preparing to go for college. Now I do not want him in same condition in college. Wat to do. Feeling worried.
I have taken alprax from last two nights and still I was not able to sleep, I wish to know that I hope I am not in depression but it is true that I am not able to face reality in life and I am loosing my will each day to fight against struggles which I am going through.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Please advice me to pick up a best time for studying before 1 week of examination. The moment I start studying my mind gets diverted because of my mobile phone. Please help me out. I am a class 11 student.
One of my student was going to appear im examination but on the day of examination he was so much psychologically depressed, he couldn't speak a single word on that day. Still he is tge same condition. He is very intelligent and loves to give exams.
I am 57 years old. I use spectra 75 to now a lesser dose spectra 10 from last 16 years for depression. Now I want to know about for four habits to help in depression. I want to close the medicine of depression. Help for this & weight loss. Thanking you. Ashok kumar kedia.
I'm raghunandan janghela. From mandla madhya pradesh. My prblm is that my confidence was getting lost. Plzz help me to recover my confidence. Bcoz I can not concentrate to my study.
Sir/Madam, At present am a student preparing for government exams but while preparing am unable to concentrate on my studies what should I do please suggest me something.
Dear sir/madam, I am a married woman with a child and a good husband but fall in love with a single introvert depressed man, who is suffering from clinical depression more than 10 years which is said by psychiatrist. And it is untreated. Before one year he was treated for nerve problem as he is having a pain through out his body and his left hand used to shake. So the previous doctor said he was suffering from perkinson disease. But the psychiatrist said he is not having any nerve problem he is suffering from deep depression. He is having a hobby of aquarium and he is having an small ngo which is his life. And he for this organization he doesn't get married. He is having a habit of run away from home. More than two times he run away from his home without saying anybody anything. And after one or two days he returned back. Any type of pressure or stress, he can't handle and he becomes totally silent and runaway from the situation. But he said he loves me too much, and as we get married from our soul he wants to live with me for ever. But his behaviour and mood is so fragile and sensitive that's why I am getting totally frustrated and unable to take any decision. One day he is good and might be within the next hour he is a completely a different man. Presently more than one year he is not taking the medicine regularly. When ever he doesn't feel well he takes the medicine" depsonil. But not as per the prescription. The doctor gave him another medicine know as licab" but he donot take this medicine. Near about 6 months he is not talking with me. No phone calls no personal talking. Once before six months there were some problem was created and my brother talk with him, that he completely blame me for the relationship. And said now he wants to completely concentrate with his organization work. And when my brother asked him does he want to marry me, he said no. Though we get married from our soul and we are having a physical attachment. When I heard all those things and said him how could he said all those things, he became shameful and became speechless. After those incident whenever I decide to end the relationship, he began to cry, or do something danger incident. I really love him too much but I get too much upset also with his behaviour. My legal husband is very supportive and he understands the situation and my mental condition. He also tried to make him understand, but nothing works. His behaviour sometimes torture me so much that I become totally helpless. I don't know what should I do? he is not ready to go to the doctor. And there is no one in his family who is going to help him. And he is so much stubborn that no one can do anything to him. Please show me the way how can I help him and make him talk to me again as before. One thing is good about him, he's really trying to do a lot of work and established his organization. But the decision what ever he is taking are not good enough. But he will not listen to anyone also. He doesn't want to end the relationship and he doesn't want to take any responsibility also. I don't know what should I do. I get afraid if he make suicide, I don't want to lost him, what should I do? how can I maintain both the relationship smooth. I am now presently in a highly depressed condition. One thing I forgot to mention, he is now 52 years old and I am 35. One question more does he really a patient of depression or he acts in front me. Please let me know and does he still loves me? please guide me. Thanking you radha.
Is your child irritable? Not eating well or under performing at school?
Relax! Losing your mind and temper won't help.
There are chances that your child is under stress and needs your support during this testing time. Let's gain better understanding of the problem as a mature step towards positive parenting.
Stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic, can affect your child as easily as it may affect you. There are several causes as to why your child may also be stress-laden even at such a tender age. As pre-schoolers, the major cause for stress stems from anxiety of leaving their parents and spending long hours in an external environment. As a child grows up, further causes of stress may include:
- Overwhelming schedule due to large number of academic and extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of parents and pressure to perform
- Lifestyle or status associated peer-pressure
- Conflict between parents / domestic violence / Divorce of parents
- Moving to new town or city
- Serious illness
- Physiological changes during puberty
- Worry about getting along with friends
Warning signals that your child is under stress:
- Aggression: Children are prone to a high number of aggressive outbursts as they are not as much in control of their emotions as adults are. They may often react with physical aggression (biting, kicking, or hitting) or verbal aggression (screaming or abusing). This can, however, be curbed in a number of ways such as setting firm and consistent limits, and avoiding instilling in them the idea of 'toughness'.
- Bed wetting: Though stress and anxiety may not be essential causes that lead to the advent of bedwetting in children, it often accentuates the same. You should reassure your child that you are not angry when he/she has an accident and see the doctor to rule out any other medical causes.
- Hyperactive behavior: When children can't handle stress, they release negative energy. Having temper tantrums, running away, or constantly being disobedient are ways to alert adults that there is a problem. Help your child burn off energy in a positive, calming way. Deep breathing exercises, listening to soothing music, stretching, or yoga help.
- Withdrawal: Social withdrawal and being frequently moody or irritable can often arise from high levels of stress, social fear and anxiety in children. Offer plenty of positive attention and speak to your child's teacher if you suspect he/she is having trouble with friends at school.
- Eating and sleeping disorders: If your child is sleeping less or sleeping more than usual, then it might be an indication that something is not right with your child. Likewise, if there is any change in eating pattern which you find abnormal, then it indicates trouble. This may often stem from stress or anxiety-related issues and hamper the proper growth and nutrient intake in a growing child.
How you can you help your child?
There are several things you can do to help your child work through his/her problems when it comes to combating stress and anxiety. These include:
- Have friendly relation with kids so that they feel free to share their problems/ feelings. Kids generally hide things out of fear. Motivate them to express and share their worries.
- Try to understand the cause of the stress. Talk about their fears and apprehensions. Make them feel they are understood.
- Do not force them to sleep or eat. Encourage to eat well and sleep in time.
- The child should be encouraged to indulge in some physical activities like walk/ jog/sports and relaxation exercises like deep breathing/meditation
- Avoid burdening them with studies and co-curricula activities. Identify their abilities and interest and respect individual limitations. Don't burden them with your expectations.
- There should be sufficient breaks in between studies for rejuvenation. It motivates and enhances productivity.
- Avoid demeaning/insulting remarks. Avoid comparisons with other kids.
- Avoid negative reactions like scolding/sarcasm/shouting/beating. Teach the child appropriate ways of managing emotions like open communication, sharing state of mind with peers and parents and appropriate anger management techniques.
- You should also talk to teachers and peers if you suspect any problem at school and find a solution through their help.
- Teach the child about time management. Let them know how to prioritize work according to importance and urgency of task.