Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Aanchal SharmasYour feedback matters!
He have been suffering from walking and speaking problem since he was born. He can't walk like general once can walk (he can walk like a pressure on one leg actually right side arm and leg are perfect). And he also can't speak clearly as we speak. All the basic medicines he had taken like polio and all. What should he do?
From the past 2-3 days blood is coming along with bulgum from my nose! Is it sign of a cancer? I have stopped smoking 1 month ago and was a casual smoker not chain!
Sir I am 23 year old. I was in relationship for 3 years. But last year due to breakup I got strongly addicted to smoking. I controlled it but still daily I need 3-4 cigarette. Due to this I feel very week. I want stop this addiction but can't. So please help me to get out from this.
I have Speech Disorder according to doctor, he suggest me to take speech therapy. But, my throat so pain to speak loud. So, I need alternative on it. So, Please suggest me what can I do you better and quick permanent treatment of my voice?
I forget something what I read. This can be called a short memory loss. So what should I do to increase my memory power. I am 20 years old.
I am a smoker who smoke 6 to 7 cigarette in a day since 7 years if I quit will my lungs be reversed.
Dear,sir i ws having one best friend his rules ws to be in under he alwz keeping me in his restrictions.I m too much confused should i live with him or not.His nature ws so good.Plz help me wat should i do m alws feeling uneasy without him.
Since last few days I suffer from mental sickness I cannot work properly and feeling depressed. What should I do? please guide me.
I feel low on mood. Friends close to me think I've changed. Some say I look as though something was disturbing me. Do you think I might be having depression?
I cannot concentrate while doing any thing. I keep on forgetting things. please suggest me what to do.
I am not able to concentrate when some one explains me some thing, or like I am not able to visualise the things more easily in terms of technically. May be for that I am forgetting the things immediately after the discussion. When I am trying to focus deeply or want to make interest on in the discussion my head started getting pain. But yea after doing that thing for several times I am ok in that. But my worry is how can I pickup the thing more first or at first time of discussion. Please help me in this. I am not able to compete with my colleagues.
Hello doctor. My name is sharath and my age is 15 years. I'm very fond of singing. But my voice is becoming too rough and breathing also not supporting me. And I get feeling of cough. What I do now?
Addiction can be considered as a behavioural change where a craving for something specific intensifies to such an extent that the consequences are ignored. Addiction controls the brain by diverting it in such a way that it registers only pleasure and does not give any importance to other standard drives like motivation and learning. In general, breaking up an addiction is difficult, but it is not impossible and with strong determination, addiction can be broken.
Effects of Addiction
In general, people are subjected to addiction will not have self-control over what they do. If addiction is not treated or diagnosed on time, it may reach harmful proportions. Addiction is not only related to consumption of alcohol and drugs. It may include other habits too, that cannot be controlled. Sometimes even having a particular craving for a fruit or a vegetable can be termed as an addiction. Among other things, the most harmful can be the usage of drugs, sexual pleasures and other effects that over a period of time can become uncontrollable.
How a person can get addicted?
A human brain registers all types of pleasures in the same way they register a joy from a psychoactive drug, sexual encounter, monetary rewards or a satisfying meal. When any of these things happen, the human brain releases a neurotransmitter dopamine in the nerve cells. If these habits become regular, the enzymes will be released in high quantities leading to the addiction problem.
Drugs usage leads to addiction within a short period of time. Consumption of almost all types of drugs, starting from nicotine to heroin leads to a powerful surge of dopamine in the nucleus accumbency leading to high addiction. Addiction is not exactly a disease, but it is a condition that can occur at any age. It is likely to occur more during the young age where the required maturity is yet to be gained. So it is advisable to be careful during your adolescent period as this is the time when you are more vulnerable.
Various medical tests can diagnose addiction. People subjected to addiction can be treated easily by proper medications and therapies. If addiction is in the initial stage, it can be quickly addressed by counselling process, and if it is severe, then the counselling sessions along with certain medications are needed to curb the addiction habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
No matter how cool, attractive or smart you are, you could be a victim of domestic abuse and the worst thing is that you are not even aware of that. In most cases, people neglect it as a small and insignificant issue, but the truth is that silent abuse can do you more harm than anything else and if you are thinking whether or not you are being abused, chances are that you are.
- You are fearful about your partner’s reactions: In some instances, you must have found that you are more fearful of your partner’s reaction to a particular awful situation than the severity of the situation itself. It is the first sign that you are heading towards an acute form of abuse.
- You are not upset about fighting with your partner but scared: Fighting with someone you love is an unpleasant ordeal. While it is supposed to make you feel sad and depressed, it is not meant to make you feel scared that he or she would hit you or cheat on you.
- When you are fighting, you are looking for an exit: Is your gut feeling saying that you are not safe while having an argument; it is a warning sign of domestic abuse.
- You cannot trust your partner: Trust is something that comes naturally in a relationship and when your partner is demanding your trust forcefully, you are being emotionally abused.
- Your partner makes you feel like you are insane: Have you been noticing that your spouse is manipulating your words or actions to advance his or her own agenda? Be careful.
- You feel that you always need your spouse’s opinion: This is because you know that your partner would be angry, if you decide on something of your own.
- Your partner doesn’t allow you a life outside him or her: If the other person is not secured when you want to spend some time with your friends or colleagues, it indicates that they have no respect or support for you.
- Your partner makes you feel guilty most of the time: This is an important sign of how difficult it would be for you to manage to be with your partner in future. He or she makes you feel guilty so that no guilt falls on their shoulders.
- Your self-esteem is running negative: When you are being emotionally drained, it would have an ill effect on your confidence level and self-esteem.
- Your partner tracks your activities: Lastly, if you find yourself being tracked, no matter what you do or where you go, you are being abused significantly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.