Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gupta A P
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Gupta A PYour feedback matters!
Dear sir My name is Rahul. My problem in my ear. My ear is problem when I driving bike in traffic please tell me solution. Thanks.
I am suffering from polyps since 10-12 years, I am using nasivion for adults since 8 years once in a day preferably in the night sleeping time. Without using this medicine I could not sleep, mean my noses become chocked badly, now-a-days my nose are wet from the inner sides. Please advise me. Regards,
What should a person take if he has throat infection, cough, nose bleeding, kidney stones and loose motion?
Tinnitus is a disorder which is characterized by a constant perception of a ringing noise in the ears. This is not the condition in itself, rather it signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. It is not a serious condition, although the symptoms can worsen with age. If you are affected by this disorder, you might experience or ‘hear’ a constant ringing sensation in the ears, even if there are no external sources of noise. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound. This condition has mighty chances of interfering with your daily routine.
It is classified into two types:
- Objective tinnitus: This disorder is caused by muscle contractions or a blood vessel problem.
- Subjective tinnitus: The more commonly occurring type, it is caused by damage to the auditory nerves or regions of the brain that interpret sound.
The causes of this disorder are:
- Exposure to loud noise: If you are exposed to loud noises such as the ones emanating from firearms or heavy machinery over a prolonged period, it can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing, thus triggering tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: There is earwax present in the ears, the function of which is to trap dirt and bacteria. Excessive earwax accumulation leads to loss of hearing, resulting in tinnitus.
- Modifications of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications such as alprazolam and nortriptyline can help reduce the severity of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.