Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. A K KunlaniyaYour feedback matters!
The first drops of rain, the lush greenery, the landscapes all rain drenched - the monsoon makes it truly enchanting, bringing the best out of nature. While most of the people enjoy the monsoon, some people often end up being at the receiving end. The season can be quite punishing triggering a host of digestive and skin problems and infections. In this article, we will discuss some important tips to help keep your skin healthy and problem free during the monsoon.
Common dermatological problems synonymous with the monsoon:
The onset of monsoon may not be at all welcoming for the skin. With an increase in the humidity levels, fungal infections, intertrigo, ringworms, skin rashes, and irritation become inevitable. A study suggests that diabetic patients need to be extra careful as they stand a greater chance of suffering from skin infections and other related problems triggered by the monsoon. Mentioned below are some of the skin problems and infections that are often known to affect people during the monsoons:
- Eczema: It is a non-contagious dermatological condition characterized by skin inflammation, redness, and itchiness. The affected area of the skin also appears rough and cracked with the formation of blisters. Monsoon is known to act as a catalyst, aggravating the condition and the associated discomfort to a great extent. People with eczema or sensitive skin should be extra careful during the monsoon.
- Scabies: A contagious skin infection caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei (parasitic mites), scabies results in the appearance of a rash along with severe itching (which often worsens at night). The humidity and temperature fluctuations during the monsoons serve as a perfect environment for the mites to thrive. If left untreated, the condition will result in extreme discomfort.
- Athlete's foot: A contagious fungal infection that is known to affect the skin mostly around the feet, toenails (the fungus grows on the feet) causing itching and blisters formation. The affected skin and toenails appear rough, cracked, and at times, even discolored.
Effective measures to avoid the skin problems during the monsoon:
The following tips can go a long way to ward off the annoying the skin problems.
- Practice a good personal hygiene. Keep yourself and your clothes (especially under garments) clean.
- Keep yourself dry. Avoid staying in wet clothes for too long. Rain or no rain, keep a raincoat or an umbrella with you all the time.
- As some of the skin problems are contagious, one should avoid sharing their clothes and personal belongings with others.
- Your diet can also play a pivotal role in minimizing the incidences of skin infections. Avoid hot and spicy food. Instead, opt for more fruits (avoid mangoes, watermelon), vegetables, yogurt, almonds, garlic, brown rice, oats, to name a few.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Sip water (preferably purified or boiled) at regular intervals.
- The use of medicated soaps, antifungal and antibacterial creams and powder may be helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Sir, I have some kind of dust allergy on my palm of the leg. If I walk with chapped ,sandals or in barefoot inside my house, the skin start to dry, looks wrinkled and skin become very rough. Its very uncomfortable. Can you pls suggest some remedies.
I have skin problems. If a mosquito bites me, the bitten area forms red circle I. E. Allergy. Any solution for this?
Constant use of makeup does have a telling effect on our skin. It is important to use makeup carefully according to your skin type. It is also important to remove all makeup before you hit the bed each night.
Few ways makeup can damage your skin are:
1. Makeup causes acne, nine out of ten times if not removed properly every night.
2. In some people, regular use of makeup also triggers reactions and allergies.
3. Regular use of makeup also leads to cancer and other chronic diseases.
4. Using low quality of makeup wrinkles the skin and you start looking much older than what you actually are.
Caution: if your skin is sensitive, always check with your dermatologist for any issues or advice before you buy and apply any beauty product.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.