Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Well Womens ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
All of sudden I developed this painful sexual intercourse and didn't know what to do. I found the Well Womens Clinic itself quite pleasant. I am so much benefitted with his painful sexual intercourse treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Shanu Gairola
I was not able to conceive .for which I consulted Dr Shanu Gairola who is a famous Gynaecologist in Ghaziabadi. She gave me the reason of my problem and suggested to get a small surgery done which will not have any negative impact on my body. Her prescription and surgery helped me to great extent and Now I have a beautiful daughter.
I was trying to conceive but was not able to , so my husband took me to Dr Shanu. He is one of the best gynaecologist in the city. My previous experiences were not so good, but he has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble. I am completely satisfied with the results of my treatment.
I felt strange that I was suffering from infertility. Not only Dr Shanu is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. Over the period of time the insemination treatment given by him has helped me a lot. The atmosphere in the Well Womens Clinic is always so positive and full of life.
I remember, I read an article of Shanu Gairola in the paper and made contact. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. Thanks to him that the intrauterine insemination (iui) he did me has given brilliant results. Overall treatment was very effective.
I searched Dr Shanu online and saw his reviews. I consulted him as I was having vaginal itching. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. During the treatment, he always supported me a lot. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
I was so much depressed as I was unable to conceive. I was in search of a well experienced gynaecologist. As one of my neighbour referred Dr Shanu, I consulted him. He helped me deal with the situation. His guidance and advice helped me immensly.
Somebody referred me Dr Shanu Gairola because I had to get an abortion. I visited her Well Women’s Clinic in Ghaziabad for help. She was very reasonable and easy in her approach.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I'm pregnant and have twin but I do not want twins I'm already a mother of 4 year old and do not want to have 3 kids. Doctor has told one foetus is 4 weeks 5 days and the other is 4 weeks 6 days. I wish to reduce one and would like to know if it's safe for both me and the baby growing after reducing one foetus. I'm 34 year old. Please suggest.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance
Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems
One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities
Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements
There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors
These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had an ectopic pregnancy in left tube due to which, my left tube was removed as well cysts from both ovaries were also removed during surgery. However, my right tube is healthy. What are the chances of getting healthy pregnancy again, and when should I prepare myself for next. Also, I have been taking met pco care for pcod problem and folic acids. How early can I expect?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.