Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Manish Rastogi ClinicYour feedback matters!
The liver plays a significant role in the body’s various metabolic processes. Infection with hepatitis C virus causes inflammation of the liver, known popularly as Hepatitis C. It is a relatively new discovery (late 1980s), but there are a significant number of cases identified. The challenge in identifying this disease is that the patient does not manifest with any symptoms and can be carrying the virus for years with no signs or symptoms. This makes diagnosis very difficult and in most cases, it is discovered when diagnosing for some other disease. It is transmitted via blood – through use of drug needles, tattoo needles, or sexual when the virus is present in the vaginal fluid.
Homeopathic Treatment For Hepatitis C -
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat Hepatitis C infection but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for Hepatitis C treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
Homeopathy offers remedy for hepatitis C by detoxifying and neutralizing viral cells, improving immunity, and stimulating production of healthy cells. The following compounds are useful in this.
Chelidonium Majus: Prepared from the flowers of Celandine, it acts on the hepatobiliary system and restores overall liver function. The patient’s presenting symptoms include jaundice with pain, bloated abdomen, significant lethargy, weakness, reduced appetite, nausea and vomiting.
China Officinalis: This is useful in patients who are down with intermittent fevers, headaches, gallstones, dyspepsia and hemorrhages. The patient could also have debility, trembling, ringing in the ears, flatulence in the abdomen, gassy feeling and vomiting of bile.
Bryonia Alba: This is prepared from the plant known as wild hops after potentization. It works on multiple systems including the digestive, hepatobiliary, respiratory, and musculoskeletal systems. This is useful in patients who suffer from dyspepsia, migraine, bronchitis, joint pains, back pain, menstrual issues, and respiratory tract infections. The patient could also experience a burning sensation and soreness in the abdomen, which is extremely tender to the touch, along with nausea and vomiting. The symptoms are aggravated during summer months and with heat.
Kali Carbonicum: The active ingredient acts of multiple bodily systems including kidneys, liver, digestive, blood, bones, lungs, etc. It is widely used in liver dysfunctions like nephrotic syndrome, cirrhosis, and hepatitis C. The patient may have liver atrophy, cirrhosis, heaviness in the abdomen or jaundice. He or she could be restless, excitable and nervous. Extreme weakness and reaction to changes in light, sound, touch and odors are some other symptoms. The pain could be relieved by rubbing.
Other medicines like Lycopodium, Belladonna, Nux Vomica, and Aconite are also useful. However, as with all homeopathy medicines, self-medication is not advisable. The doctor will check for all accompanying symptoms and your overall health status and then determine what would work for you.
Vitamin D is one of the essential vitamins, with a significant role in bone health. People who are very careful about sun exposure and those who do not get enough natural sun tend to be worried about their bone health, and so go in for supplemental vitamin D.
This, however, can lead to excessive vitamin D in the body, a condition known as hypervitaminosis D. Excessive supplements are the main cause for this condition. In addition, some heart medications, prolonged antacid therapy, and oestrogen therapy also can lead to this condition.
- A person requires about 600 IU per day and if a person gets natural sun exposure for about 15 minutes, that is sufficient for the body to make this amount of vitamin D. The issue is when there is too less of sun or too much of sun protection, when the body is not able to make this on its own and requires supplements.
- Increased vitamin D leads to increased amount of calcium in the system, known as hypercalcemia, which can lead to serious effects on multiple organs including bones, kidneys, heart, and other tissues and organs.
- Taking some amount of supplements on a regular basis does not lead to this condition. Having heart disease, kidney disease, or being on diuretics like thiazide increases the risk of developing hypervitaminosis D.
- It is advisable to periodically monitor the levels of vitamin D in a person who is on supplements, especially if these conditions are also present.
- If it is in the levels beyond the required amounts, reducing the dose of the supplements or even temporarily stopping it should be considered.
- Adhering to a diet which is naturally rich in vitamin D is also a good alternative. Cod liver oil, cheese, fatty fishes like tuna and salmon, mushrooms, and fortified milk and yoghurt are good sources. There are also juices and other drinks available which are fortified with vitamin D.
- Some of the most common general symptoms of vitamin D include weight loss, extreme fatigue, poor appetite, excessive thirst and urination, dehydration, constipation. Specific symptoms indicative of excess vitamin D include muscle weakness, high blood pressure, heart rhythm disorders.
- In the long-term, it can also produce complications like kidney stones/damage/failure, excessive bone loss, calcification of arteries and other soft tissues
- Heart rhythm disorders is another major problem that can be caused by taking increased amounts of vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is naturally available, and getting 15 minutes of sun, especially in the morning, is one of the best ways to get your daily dose. It also has a mood-elevating effect, so soak up the sun.
Cough is also known as a sudden reflex in which you have to clear your throat and breathing passage from microbes, irritants, fluids and mucus. You can also call coughing as the rapid expulsion of air from your lungs. Coughing can be both deliberate and involuntary. There are two types of cough which can make you suffer dry or wet. Wet cough is caused due to cold, cold extremities or viral attack. Dry cough is caused due to exposure to pollutants, smoke, environment and also if you have allergy from dust. Cough problems have an effect at your lungs, respiratory tract and immunity system. Ayurvedic treatment is oldest holistic medicine treatment and was developed thousands of years ago in India. Ayurveda promotes good health and can be used effectively for both wet and dry cough.
Ayurvedic remedy for wet cough:
Symptoms for wet cough includes pain in your throat and chest, fatigue and irritability.
1. Using liquorice powder (3 tsp), black peppercorn (1 tsp) and sugary candy (2 tsp) can make an effective natural home remedy. Crush all three ingredients all to form a powder and you should eat half tea spoon of this mixture 4 times a day.
2. Crush a little ginger to make a paste and paste it on a sieve. Extract the ginger juice and add honey (1 tsp). Mix well and heat it till it becomes lukewarm. You should eat 1 tea spoon thrice a day.
Ayurvedic remedy for dry cough:
The causes for dry cough include pneumonia, sinus infections and viral infections in your respiratory tract. Symptoms are fatigue and weak immune system along with an itchy throat.
1. Using almonds, butter and sugar makes for an effective natural Ayurvedic home remedy. Make a paste with 7 almonds (soaked overnight) and add 2 tea spoons of butter and sugar each to the paste. You should mix well and eat it twice every day, at morning and evening.
2. You can also make a paste by mixing small quantity of basil leaves, ginger and honey. Mix well and have 1 tea spoon thrice a day.
3. Take a glass of warm water and add 1 tea spoon each of turmeric powder and carom powder. Mix it well and drink the mixture about two times a day. This is an effective remedy for dry cough.