Treatment of Neurological Problems
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Siddha Marma Treatment
Yoga During Pregnancy
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Submit a review for Acupressure & Yoga Treatment & Training CenterYour feedback matters!
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear.
I mehak is 24 years old and is obese. I wanna loose my weight and let me know the diet plan to loose weight.
Hello sir my face is full of black heads and my skin is black colour please help me to remove my black heads and glow my skin colour how to fair my colour skin.
Sometimes when work I get rashes or redness between my legs and intimate parts. I used a lot of petroleum jelly. Is there something better I can use. This only occurs during summer and then I sweat.
I am 24 years old girl. My height is 5'4 and m an obese person and I have many other problem like unwanted hairs and hair loss problem also. Please let me know how to loose weight and correct these hormones.
I do not seem to lose weight, what could be reason Height: 180 CMS Weight: 85 Kgs Exercise - Regularly. Do walking, Yoga and keep myself active Breakfast - 2 Chappathies and Glass of Milk Lunch - Small bowl of Rice Evening - Snacking (bread or Biscuit) Dinner - Oats mostly (or Dosa sometime) Tea/Coffee - 3 times Blood Vital - All normal 10 years before I used to do weight training, but left it I observe that I gained after that.
I am 28 year old and it's been three days there is a swelling with red tip in the lower portion of my left butt cheek. I think it's an abscess. I am feeling shy of going to a doctor. Can you tell me any cure of that. From yesterday blood with pus started coming out of the tip. Please help.
I am doing workout for around 2 hrs daily, yet my weight is increasing, what probably may be the reasons? please help me for that
Can you suggest a skin lightening cream to restore the colour of your skin? I've tanned my face over the years and want to restore my original skin colour back.
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.