Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Parashar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti ParasharYour feedback matters!
Am 8th month pregnant. I did masturbation. Now am very tired. Is any side affects to my baby. When this feel stops. Its really hurt me.
Hi I have high sugar level because of PCOD so shall I start diabetic medication or should just have balance diet n no stress.
I have too much pain in my 4th day of period. I tried all type of medicine like ashokaristh, dasmolariath, metal spas, anafortan etc. But no effect on my pain. I got relief in pain only when I take medicine. What should I do for permanent relief?
My friend want to conceive. Her husband will come in may 28. She is 44 years old. Is there any chance for her to conceive. She already have grown kid 17 years old with normal pregnancy and normal delivery. She want a child now. How she do it. She got regular period. Before her periods are 4 days but now lesser and lessen to 3 days but still regular.
I got 4 days normal bleeding after taken ipill now after 1 month (today) I got my period so please tell its safe now or not any chance of pregnancy?
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hey Dr. I want to about one thing. During pregnancy is lagging of 1 or 2 week of head circumference and BPD need to look out, if all other growth parameters are good.
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And she had completed her 1 month treatment of 3 month. And she had a 5 day period last month. Will you please tell me all the type of symptoms of getting better.
Iq the intelligence quotient as measured by intelligence tests are being carried out by trainned psychologists.
There are several misconceptions related to intelligence and mental status.
1. For Eg. - The belief that since one is very intelligent he can't be mentally ill. This is not true. Illness and intelligence are different things. But it is true that an intelligent but sick is in a better position than retarded. Intelligent one will have more adaptive and survival skills.
3. Mental retardation is a state of iq less than average say below 70. Does not mean that they are ill. With good diet and trainning they can be helped to live and can be taught jobs depending on the level of retardation.
4. Love, care and trainning can make one the best. Some times less intelligent are the most useful and of help in need of time. So be away from misconceptions.