Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Kanika Mehta


Physiotherapist, Faridabad

6 Years Experience  ·  150 at clinic
Dr. Kanika Mehta MPT Physiotherapist, Faridabad
6 Years Experience  ·  150 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I’m a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I’m a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Kanika Mehta
Dr. Kanika Mehta is an experienced Physiotherapist in Old Faridabad, Faridabad. She has helped numerous patients in her 6 years of experience as a Physiotherapist. She has done MPT . She is currently associated with Mehta Physiotherapy & Rehab Centre in Old Faridabad, Faridabad. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Kanika Mehta on has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Physiotherapists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MPT - manav rachana college - 2011
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Mehta Physiotherapy & Rehab Centre

Sco -1082 , New Subzi Market, Near Juice Corner,Old FaridabadFaridabad Get Directions
150 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Kanika Mehta

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Sir mera problem ye hai ki mere ghutne mein chalne par kuch aawaz aati hai. Pair mod kar baithne me nas me khichav bhi hota hai. Please advice me.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi I can understand your problem. 1) apply hot and cold foementation. 2) learn strengthening exercise of quadriceps and hamstring from physiotherapist. 3) do regular streching calf muscles. 4) wear comfortable foot wear.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii, I have a shoulder pain when ever I get up in the morning. Plzzz can you help for this pain.

D.A.M.S( A. M.), D.AC/B.E.M.S
Acupressurist, Mumbai
You should take acupressure therapy and take biochemic nat mur 12xkali phos 12x, 4 tab each thrice a day with warm waterand take it 5 days than inform me private online.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My daughter is having sciatica problem for the past few months. Mother of two kids. Home maker. When she takes NervzB capsule she feels better. Neurobion is not effective. Please advise treatment.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Dear lybrate-user, nervz b is a vitamin b Complex tablet. Probably will have some effect. However sciatica is a chronic problem. If the pain is so much that it is hammering her daily activities and or producing difficult in walking or any loss of sensation in the leg then she might need long term medications and further tests like an MRi of the lower spine. However the most effective therapy is physiotherapy. If you have done any tests please upload it and give some more details that I have asked for in the para above.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My sister in law has severe backache and eyes pain. It came to be 1 years. What should she do ?

M.D. (Ayurveda )
Ayurveda, Patiala
Please take panchamruta loha guggal, 2 tabs, twice a day after meals. Take gandharvahastadi kshayam, 3 tsf in half a glass of warm water, before meals, twice a day. Do massage with murivinna oil on back up to both legs. Avoid cold eatables and cold water in your routine. Consult some good ayurveda physician for panchakarma. Continue the regime for 45 days. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful

I am 42 years old, I am male, I have back pain for last 6 months please tell me the remedy.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
in ayurved there is mentioned one procedure KATI BASTI ....DO THIS FOR FIVE DAYS WITH MEDICATED OIL if you want to do it you should do it under doctor observation .... so consult ayurvedic doctor near you ... you will definitely get good result ..
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have injured in my back by stairs my x-ray report is body of d4 are compressed, all iv discs are intact what is the meaning of this because there was not mention of fracture and what should I do after that already I took a appointment from a Dr. He gave me some rull that I do not pull down, do not ride cycle or bike etc. But after one week I am feeling pain.

Bachelor of physiotherapy, Masters in physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Mohali
Hello Avas. Thank you for contacting. It's good that no fracture is present. D4 is a vertebra level. You should take physiotherapy for compression relief. IV disc is a soft pad that is present between two vertebra. It's functional is in shock absorption. I hope this will help you.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor my age is 26 and my breast is too much heavy and it looks too bad and am also uncomfortable, dresses also looks bad. And shoulder pain, and also problem in breath sometimes, please suggest something for reducing breast,

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Wear a sports bra that will make you comfortable and less conscious about your natural shape. No plastic surgery please!
Submit FeedbackFeedback

From past 5-6 years I am having neck and back pain. From past few days the pain is severe. Nothing got detected in Xray. I am tired of eating pain killers. What should I do?

Orthopedist, Chennai
Common causes of back pain are bad posture, injury to back during certain activities and lack of exercise. Repeated stress to your back and neck muscles causes pain even if your x ray and scans are normal. You should try some physiotherapy and learn about proper posture. Follow ergonomics while sitting at work or at home. Control weight and do some back strengthening exercises. If pain persists then you need to visit a spine surgeon for complete clinical evaluation.

Hi, I'm getting headache frequently twice/thrice in a week. My age is 23 years. Every time headache lasts for at least 20 mins. And it is severe most of the times. Are they called migraines, does it help if I go for a MRI scan. Please suggest. Thanks.

MBBS, MD - Anaesthesiology, FIPM
Pain Management Specialist, Pune
Mri scan can help in headache problems to find out serious causes of headache like tumor or infection. There is no harm in getting mri scan done. Migraine diagnosis is made on detailed history about headache pattern and response to preventive treatment. Since details of your headache character is not mentioned a diagnosis cannot be made. Migraine headache is characterised by unilateral pulsating headache associated with nause/vomiting and photophobia / phonophobia. There are triggers for migraine like sun exposure, certain foods or smell, lack of sleep, excess caffeine etc. The triggers are variable for different patients. Migraine attacks can be managed by simple painkillers like paracetamol but in resistant cases drugs like sumatriptan may be needed. Follow these lifestyle changes to avoid migraine headache 1. Maintain regular sleep wake cycle, even on holiday's. 2. Don't skip meals. Take regular healthy diet with adequate fluids 3. Do not consume excess caffeine / carbohydrates / alcohol or smoke. 4. Exercise daily (aerobics and cardiovascular) 5. Identify your headache trigger and try to avoid it. 6. Do pranayam daily. You can consult a pain specialist for therapies like dry needling or botulinum injections for your problem. Consult again for further queries.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in my left wrist due to soak by playing volleyball from last one month. What I do ?

Doctor Of Physical Therapy (DPT), Bachelor of Physical Therapy
Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Pain may be due to strain in the muscles and tendons. Try stretching, cold fermentation and if pain is still there physiotherapy modalities like ultrasound
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Sir Please clarify that static cycle is good to cure the lower back pain and left leg pain or simple cycle, which is used by the people on the road. Which Cycle is better. You are also requested to pls clarify that the cycle is also reduce the blood sugar or No waiting your Ans please

Anesthesiologist, Faridabad
cycling is not going to relieve your backache. You can consult to ortho doctor or physiotherapy for lower backache stregthening exercises.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Exercises For Sciatica

Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (pursuing), BPTh/BPT, zumba fitness - sports nurtionist
Physiotherapist, Delhi
Exercises For Sciatica

The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica. 

Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:

  1. Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
  2. Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
  3. Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
  4. Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.

Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"

3991 people found this helpful

I have pain in my back. I took many medicines but it didn't work. Please suggest me proper medicine.

Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Hi, please don't take more medicine, I think you should go for physiotherapy and learn back stretching and strengthing exercise, hopefully you will be fine from your problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 year old female, I have a pain in chest and back, and I got my e. C. G done and e. C. O as well. And the reports are fine. I am confused?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Kindly show me a photograph of the affected part. Rule out diabetes & vit. D deficiency or any other metabolic disorder. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick matress are harmful Do hot fomantation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 1 wk, contact me again. Do not ignore. It could be beginning of a serious problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My relative is suffering from legs pain from last 3 months, what can be the reason and she should do? please advice.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi, thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Actually pain at calf region can be due to many reasons, commonly it is muscular in nature. My advise for you: - ice packs application intensively with elevation of your limbs at night - take a short course of anti-inflammatory medication as per your body's suitability - stop your physical activity till pain completely subsides - intensive physical therapy, training and proper muscle conditioning - slow resumption of physical activities with proper pre activity warm up and stretching of muscles and short increments in duration of physical activity each day as per pain tolerance. - we will get some blood tests for you - serum vitamin d and serum potassium levels, esr and crp once you have all these reports then you can contact me as I can advise you for proper supplementation do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My friend challenge me for holding ice and salt in our hand for 1,2 minutes and then pain get started in my hand and red line was there in hand after 6 hours hand was still paining.

Acupressurist, Chandigarh
Dear lybrate-user Apply Calundala Q on the area and take Rhus Tox 200 5 drops thrice a day for two days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 20 years old and I am suffering from back pain from one month. I m enable to sleeping on bed. I will medicine for this but there is effect. So please help me but can I do.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
this back pain is due to no back exercise.... due to this muscle get stiff .... when suddenly you get move fast that time this stiff muscle get break and pain start..... in ayurved there is mentioned one procedure KATI BASTI ....DO THIS FOR FIVE DAYS WITH MEDICATED OIL if you want to do it you should do it under doctor observation .... so consult ayurvedic doctor near you ... you will definitely get good result ..
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Most probably At morning when I get up, I feel pain due to stretching of muscles so what I should do.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic medicine RHUS TOX 30 ( Dr Reckeweg) Drink 2 drops direct on tongue 3 times daily for 15 days
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor. She is having chikungunya pain from 2 months. And pain is too much. She can not go to washroom by her own due to joint pain. Please help and describe some remedies to cure her from chikungunya. She is in lot of pain.

Physiotherapist, Noida
A good way to diffuse general body pains: 1.take a long hot bath in water in which a few cups of Epsom salts have been added. 2.If you suspect your body and pains are due to stress-get plenty of sleep and try to reduce or eliminate the cause of your stress. 3.Meditation, deep breathing and yoga.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have shin pain during running please help me my physical trial is within next month. I want to get heal in between 3 days please tell.

BPT, MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Sangrur
Hello Lybrate user Take Physiotherapy treatment regular and exercise under supervision of qualified physiotherapist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed