Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Toxicologists in India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Toxicologists online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SakariyaYour feedback matters!
I eat every thing, but have just two toasts with green tea for breakfast. Light lunch, maybe I veg I dal 2 roti/or rice, maybe non veg if available. Salad is a must. Then before dinner I have my 3 large drinks almost every day, have eggs and toast or some things as for lunch. I do not have cauliflower for dinner, rest everything I eat. I am more of a non veg but I enjoy my veges and must have daily. I at times have grilled or fried fish for dinner or just plain sandwich. Eggs 3 days a week (6 eggs)
I am suffering from cold for around 2 weeks and from now my whole body is pain can you plzz tell me what happening to me.
What precaution I have to take when I am having chickenpox It is very irritating, I am having chickenpox since 2 days ago.
I have a problem in my nose. When I breath it makes sshh Voice. I am very frequent to common cold and my nose congested for many days. I can't take clear breath any time. When I sleep it is nearly choked and I have to breath from my mouth. If I come in little contact of cold my nose get choked. I had a surgery of my nose 5 years ago since thn it is happening. PlZZ HELP ME.
Height 5.7 ft. Weight - 80. B/fast - 3 roti & sabji Lunch - 3 roti & sabji Evevning Snax Dinner - 3 roti & sabji Eat only sunday/holiday please suggest my diet chart.
I received HEPATITIS B VACCINE on my left shoulder almost four years ago back then I was a regular at GYM- used to lift 100 kg without much unease used to do treadmill walking without getting exhausted no persistent pain anywhere in the body. Post vaccination, I started experiencing various ACHES AND PAIN - started with left shoulder pain spontaneously (just the left not the right) making me unable to lift even half the weights i.e. 50 kg (used to lift 100 kg earlier). Thereafter series of unexplained pain started my toes began to hurt while walking - sometimes left and sometimes right. The pain isn’t there at rest. I am sure it is not due to shoes, as the pain occurs irrespective of the type of shoes I wear. Following the vaccination, there is also perceivable significant LOSS IN STAMINA I experience breathlessness in the initial phase of walking on the treadmill - earlier I used to walk on treadmill for quite some time with ease. There is persistent feeling of fatigue exhaustion which does not alleviate with rest. There is presence of persistent dry cough which cannot be accounted for. Also, to add on, there is a constant pain that I experience in my LEFT UPPER ABDOMEN in a specific area while I am seated. Hence I feel very uncomfortable whenever I am sitting on a chair or a couch, or in the bus. The pain I perceive is connected to posture and a change in the same eliminates it which makes me feel that it is muscular in origin. There is absolutely no abdominal pain when I am standing or lying down. No pain medicines have helped so far. I am sure the cause does not lie in the digestive tract i.e. Stomach, small intestines or large intestines as I don’t have any indigestion problem. My appetite is just fine, I eat well and at proper times. To summarise my agony- I was absolutely alright and pain free 4-years ago before I received the HEPATITIS B VACCINE, used to work out regularly. But now, I am left debilitated, feel tired all the time.
Is whey protein isolate of Optimum Nutrition Gold standard safe for consumption after workout! please search the product before giving feed back.
You could also inhale steam with camphor and ajwain.
Oregano oil is another remedy for nasal congestion.
Consume vitamin c to keep a check on your histamine levels.
I am 66 years old having normal health. My questions are 1.can I take I egg per day regularly 2.should I take yellow portion of boiled egg.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.