Submit a review for Docter ClinicYour feedback matters!
There are many body powder are available in market so my question is it has any side effects? If not then suggest me which body powder I take for stamina and bodybuilder.
When is the right time to consume the green tea. Before meals or after meals or which time. I heard that if we consume green tea regularly it will excrete some vitamins and minerals from body. Whether it is true or not. Can acidity cure by green tea.
Hello Doctor, I am 25 years old. I like to have sweet or a chocolate in the morning if it is there after brushing. Not every day. Does it causes any harm to my health if I eat.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
Can you please tell me .how can I have good body. The eating plan of whole day .what to eat and when to eat can you please tell me that.
I am 35 year old & today I checked my Ecg is fine. & did blood test & found my hemoglobin is 10 & calcium is 8.5 Met doctor & took iron folic acid tab of 300 mg & calcium with 1250 mg Pls advice can I take calcium tab at night since I drink milk after my dinner. & also let me know how I should increase my hemoglobin faster.
Can we drink water immediately after lunch or dinner? Can we drink water while doing lunch and dinner?
Is there any cure for TMAU (trimethyl amine urea), popularly known as fishy odour syndrome. I have been trying many things like less choline diet, but it seems it is not working. Could any one please suggest me a cure.
We have for ages seen our parents and our grandparents reach out for a piece of jaggery at the end of every meal. Jaggery is healthier compared to refined sugar because of its deposition of phytochemicals and other important minerals. While many people do not choose jaggery because of its no-so-good-appearance, it is perhaps more sensible to consume it considering the host of health benefits it offers.
Here is a list of benefits that can be extracted from the consumption of jaggery.
- Skin benefits: Jaggery nourishes the skin in the true sense of the word. Owing to the numerous amount of mineral and vitamin, it can eliminate common skin problems such as pimples and acne. It can negate dark spots, wrinkles delay the common signs of aging.
- Digestive benefits: Jaggery plays a huge role in ensuring smooth digestion. It stimulates secretion of digestive enzyme. It, therefore, makes it easy for the body to quicken the process of digestion. It can also help to stabilize the bowl movement by keeping common digestion related disorders such as constipation, intestinal worms, indigestion at bay.
- Blood: Jaggery does a great job in purifying the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent by filtering the blood from the toxic agents. It also keeps the hemoglobin count normal and help the body refrain from blood-related disorders such as anemia. Since the quantity of iron content in jaggery is plentiful, it successfully helps the body to stay healthy and negate deadly diseases. Furthermore, jaggery can help women to stay away from complicated menstrual related disorders, beat weakness and fatigue.
- Weight loss: Jaggery’s rich potassium content helps the body balance the electrolyte, build muscles and improve the metabolism of the body. Potassium also helps in managing water retention in the body. Both the factors coupled together helps in weight loss and beat fatigue, obese etc.
- Blood pressure: The sodium and potassium content of jaggery helps the body maintain an effective adequate acidic level. This ensures that the blood pressure remains in the balance and the body refrains from undue blood pressure related disorders.
- Antioxidants: Jaggery contains selenium, the latter is a rich source of antioxidants which can help the body to fight the free radicals and keep it at bay. The antioxidants also help the body to stay away from other ailments.
- Respiratory health: Jaggery is a great source of food that can effectively fight various respiratory problems of the body. It can fight diseases such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Body temperature: Jaggery helps to keep a normal body temperature. This is extremely beneficial for patients suffering from asthma since maintaining a steady body temperature is sacrosanct for patients suffering from this disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
How to cool body temperature? Shall I take hot water bath or cold? What are the foods should I take? Please suggest me anything to cool my body temperature.
Thanks for a positive hope. But today I am in 11 dpo I have taken a test but it is negative. So I don't know why cramps? I do not feel any cramp feeling before and after my entire menstrual cycle. Also I do not find any symptoms in my body change.
I am 46 years old lady and while swallowing any type of food I am having a burning sensation along my food pipe. This has been happening for the past 6 months. Initially for 2 month it wasn't that painful and the burning sensation lasted till the chest but then the pain started to increase and it now it reached near my stomach. I went to a doctor and they said to do an endoscopy test but the tests came out to be normal. Since then they have been giving me tablets for gas but it is still burning what should I do?
My skin appearing like a mosquito bite when I rub any part .please tell so I relief .i cannot go to hospital before Saturday. Please tell some medicines.
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.