Doctor in Twacha Skin and Hair Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Twacha Skin and Hair ClinicYour feedback matters!
Dr C J Varghese
I know Dr. Johny Chacko for last several years. He was always a topper throughout his academic career including his Post Graduation from St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore. In addition to his intelligence and expertise, he has a pleasing character and thus he has proved to be one of the leading dermatologists in Ernakulam within a short period of practice
My doctor has prescribed me hair for you 2% lotion .do I have alopecia? Does only people with alopecia has to use this?
I am 23 years old female. I have acne scars on my face. Is exfoliation good for acne scars? And if yes than how can I exfoliate my skin at home with home remedies as I have sensitive skin.
I am 28 year old female and have ring worm from 2 years. I used many creams or lotions but haven't got any relief. Please help me.
I'm 31 years female. Just started treatment for vaginal warts. But I'm not satisfied. .some warts r thr. But my Dr. Not clear it they remove warts so slowly. Don't no why. I want all warts clear. Feeling uncomfortable. Wanna clear it. Please give me right suggestion.
Dry scalp is a distressing condition which is characterized by persistent irritation on the scalp. There is a constant sensation of itching, which can also be accompanied by chronic dandruff and hair loss. Causes of dry scalp are numerous of which use of harsh chemical products on hair is the most commonly implicated cause. Dehydration of the body or excessive washing of hair, skin infections affecting the scalp can also cause a dry scalp.
Ayurvedic remedies are beneficial in treating a dry scalp condition. Most commonly used effective remedies according to the Ayurvedic science are as follows:
1. Coconut oil – This oil has various applications in treating a variety of skin diseases. It moisturizes the scalp and helps to hydrate it. Also, its antibacterial properties help to reduce the risk of skin infections. Coconut oil can be applied directly on hair 30 to 40 minutes prior to shampooing and then washed with a mild shampoo. It nourishes the scalp and also makes the hair shiny.
2. Tea tree oil – This oil has various benefits, since it acts as an antibiotic and antifungal. It helps to relieve the symptoms of dry scalp by removing the excess oil off. Since it is an essential oil, tea tree oil should be used with a carrier oil like coconut oil. Massaging it on the scalp and leaving it for 10-15 minutes is recommended.
3. Aloe vera – This plant has various medicinal benefits and it is used for treating numerous skin and hair infections. It is an anti-inflammatory agent, which helps to soothe irritated skin or itching. It is also an excellent moisturizer that hydrates the scalp. Pure extract of Aloevera can be applied directly on the scalp and left for some time, after which it can be rinsed.
4. Olive oil – Olive has a moisturizing effect on the scalp. It nourishes the dehydrated scalp and helps to cure the dryness. It can be applied few minutes before a bath and cleansed with a mild shampoo.
5. Yogurt – It has an exfoliating effect on the scalp. It soothes the irritated and dried skin on the scalp and hydrates it. It is applied 30 minutes before washing hair.
6. Egg – The white portion of an egg is rich in proteins and this protein content is beneficial for improving the overall health of the scalp. Egg white should be applied on the scalp 10 minutes before washing. It should be cleaned thoroughly since it can leave odor on the scalp if not washed off adequately.
Treatment of the dry scalp with the use of these home remedies is effective and risk free. To prevent an allergic reaction, a patch test should be done on the skin before using any product on the scalp. Dry scalp should be treated at the earliest, since constant dryness can cause scratching and even lead to hair loss. If the dryness of scalp is accompanied with a fungal infection, then anti-fungal should be taken as prescribed by the physician.
Hair loss, as the name itself implies, refers to the loss of hair from scalp / head; another term used to describe this is alopecia. It is a broad term that also includes thinning of hair. While genetics plays a vital role in this condition that afflicts both men and women, there are several other factors that are involved in bringing on this problem in people. In order to understand the reasons for hair fall better, it is essential that you learn about the various growth stages of hair.
The hair growth cycle consists of three phases:
- The first phase is the anagen phase, which is an active phase in which the hair grows. This phase lasts for around 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase is the catagen phase. The catagen phase immediately follows the anagen phase and lasts for around 10- 14 days during which the hair stops getting blood supply and becomes dead.
- The third and the last phase is telogen phase, which is a resting phase. In this phase, the dead hair falls out and the hair follicles remain in rest or inactive stage for about 2-3 months.
After completion of last stage, the entire cycle is repeated. Each single hair undergoes these three phases of growth independent of the other hair on the scalp. Normally, at a given point of time about 90% of hair is in the anagen phase and only 10% is in the telogen phase. When this ratio is altered, it leads to increased rate of hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any age, and can be prevalent in both males and females. Hair loss in itself is not a disease, but a sign that often indicates various other diseases. Hair loss occurs as a result of various diseases or factors and in different patterns.
The various causes / factors leading to hair loss include:
Skin diseases affecting the scalp like fungal infection of scalp known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea (dandruff), eczema of scalp, or lichen planus.
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes including those that occur after childbirth and during menopause
- Nutritional deficiencies due to a diet that lacks iron (leading to anemia), and also lack of protein intake
- Recovery from acute fever like typhoid and erysipelas leads to diffuse hair loss
- Drug use like the ones that are used in treating high blood pressure, joint pains, cancer, or depression. Anagen effluvium refers to the condition of hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient
- Physical trauma / injury to head
- Emotional trauma like constant stress or grief due to loss of a family member / close friend
- General diseases like diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, Hypothyroidism, or AIDS
- Auto-immune related hair loss in which the hair cells are mistaken for a foreign body and are destroyed by the immune cells of the body
- Hairstyles like tight braids or ponytails where the hair is tightly pulled backwards leading to traction alopecia; indiscriminate use of hair colors and hair straighteners
- Trichotillomania, which is a mental disorder in which the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
Homeopathy for hair growth
Although hair loss is not a life threatening condition, but it can be a source of constant stress and worry in the people affected by it. A person suffering from hair loss possesses lower self esteem and self confidence level, and also feels embarrassed when in company of other people. Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In Homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases.
Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy, detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. and these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient. Following is the list of homeopathic medicines for hair loss treatment that can be used.
My skin is oily and have lots of acne, even I also tried like himalaya facewash and aloevera gel but they don't give me permanent relief so what can I do?
What do men want for the face? Ideally, lesser male population seeks dermatologic services as compared with women. However, according to a recent survey completed by American Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery, the US population spends over $13.5 billion on cosmetic procedures every year out of which only 9.5 were men. The number has grown manifold in the men partaking in cosmetic procedures by 325% since 1997.
Men are becoming more aware of such services and are ready to spend. The pattern has seen manifold increase. They get feedback from others who availed services. Social media also plays an important role. Men prefer those procedures that have minimal downtime.
Treatment of Double Chin: Most or all men want to get rid of double chin. This could be a problem for even healthy men due to genetic fat pocket under chin. This makes them look being heavier. Treatment for this may help to debulk the fat. The treatment available may induce negligible bruising or pain. The treated area will appear red for few hours with a feel of numbness. There may be sensitivity to touch for few days. In another treatment, body's molecule copy is used to break down fat in the digestive system. This treatment helps to fix small sized to medium-sized double chin in men. This is also used as a follow up treatment for patients with residual fat.
Temporary solution to reverse aging could be by injecting neurotoxins or fillers. This softens wrinkles heightened with movement. Fillers used are hyaluronic acid and collagen stimulators. These replace the volume loss in those areas and improve a tired look or sagging cheeks or even loss of jawline definition as well as jowls.
Facial Redness in Males: The issue of broken blood vessels, facial redness or rosacea in males cannot have a complete cure via topical treatments. Laser treatments that are available for such issues are highly effective. We have several different lasers to address this and can find the best one for each patient's type of skin. Whether you want the treatment for the entire face or only for any targeted area that is most problematic, it is possible.
With the revolution of perfect looking face, every man can achieve it. The problems of double chin, wrinkles, losing jaw line, or even tired look and facial redness are no more considered as a problem forever. Non-invasive treatments at comprehensive medical and aesthetic dermatology practices have made it possible to get rid of them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.