Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for bethlehem ayurveda hospital and research center ullYour feedback matters!
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
Conditioning Before Shampoo vs Post Shampoo - What's Ideal?
Conditioners and shampoos, you need both for an appropriate hair care regimen. Just like most other people, you might have the confusion about conditioner use - whether to use it before you shampoo your hair or when you're done with shampooing.
Read on to find out what you should be doing.
1. Hair Type: A factor that determines your use of a conditioner before you shampoo or after it depends on your hair type. For individuals who have dry or thick hair, using a conditioner after you shampoo is the most apt, especially during the winter months when complaints of flyaway hairs are very common. Conditioning before you apply shampoo to your hair is ideal if you've fine hair as it provides your hair with much needed nourishment. Additionally, it allows the shampoo to distribute evenly all over your hair.
2. Greasy Hair: Applying a conditioner before you shampoo your hair is most apt for individuals whose hair is prone to oiliness. This is because it helps you in thoroughly washing away the grease that gets build up in your hair when it's time to shampoo. The regimen of shampoo and conditioning afterwards doesn't ensure a proper elimination of the problem.
3. The Problem of Residues: If you condition your hair before shampooing, you can rest assure that no residues get left behind on the scalp. This is not the case when you condition your hair afterwards. Many a time, if you don't rinse properly residues of the conditioner used get left behind, thereby weighing down your hair.
Unless your hair is of normal texture, conditioning before shampooing can prove to be beneficial for your hair.
I am 25 years old. I have irregular periods. Means weekly once lightly, I got married before 2 yrs. Now we wants to have a baby. How can it possible?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet can you please help me with this?
My age is 26 years. My height is 5.5"But I want to increase my height. Is there any medicine to make me grow more.
I'm 29 yo female 5'2, 82 kg. Have pcos but is resolved through taking vitex supplements. However I'm gaining 1 kg every week even though my eating habits are the same. I suspect of insulin resistance to be sure cause of this. I'm also taking soaked fenugreek to reverse this but to no avail. I want to lose weight and return to normal body state. Kindly advise.
Having white patch on shoulder and arm from last one year .its not be increasing but has become whiter. Please advice.
One of the human body’s primary defense mechanism can be depression when it correlates with personal loss, life struggle or an injury. It is normal to be depressed on occasions, and our body has been blessed with a system that can help cope with it and come out of it. However, when the depression turns intense and becomes a part of our life, then it could be a cause for serious concern.
The food we eat plays a significant role in having mood swings. A proper diet can be extremely helpful in reducing depression tendencies and in keeping us happy. Let us have a look at few food products that fight depression.
Green tea: It is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants and is extremely useful in overcoming depression. It also acts as a detoxing agent and cleanses your body. Thus your body feels supple and gets loaded with natural energy. The amino acids present in them are known to reduce stress and are highly recommended for neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea can be had even for 3 to 4 times per day without any side effects.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium that influences the production of serotonin, a chemical that is good for the brain. They are also known to release ample amounts of energy to the brain circuits. Researchers have established that magnesium deficiency is one of the fundamental causes of depression and mood disorders. Moreover, almonds are enriched with zinc that promotes neurotransmitter production.
Salmon: Inflammation of the brain is also one of the reasons why many people undergo mood swings and depression. They occur due to the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. One of best sources of omega-3 fatty acids would be salmon, and they are very helpful in reducing inflammation of the brain. Further, they are categorized as one of the happy foods that keep the mind active and supple and play a significant role in mood regulation. Salmon is also good for your health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Tuna and sardines are other fish varieties that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Dark chocolate: Did you know that eating chocolates can not only help in your mood swings, but it also keeps your mind happy? Dark chocolates are known to increase serotonin levels in the body that work as natural anti-depressants. They reduce stress and anxiety and play a significant role in increasing the emotional happiness of a person. They are also rich sources of sugar and promote carbohydrate build up in the body.
Eggs: The very reason why many people suggest taking eggs as a part of a breakfast diet is that they are loaded with nutrients and proteins that give you complete energy to make it through the day. They also have good sources of zinc and contain enormous quantities of vitamin D that can act as a barrier to mood swings and depression. They are beneficial in promoting neurotransmitter production which is vital for keeping the brain active. They also aid in the manufacture of red blood cells that are good for the nervous system.
My mother is over weight for years and she had arthritis problem. She can't stand or walk for long time. Firstly she wants to reduce weight. Due to overweight she is having more knee pain and it is increasing day by day. Is it good to prefer weight loss centres? Else what would be the best way to lose weight? And how can she reduce knee pains? Main concern as of now is about losing weight.
Hello doctor, I have a broken teeth in front, composite was done 7 years ago and it was going fine. It came out today as I was having meal. What shall I do?
Contrary to most old wives tale, you do not need to eat for two when pregnant. On the other hand, some women may also be completely put off food in their first trimester. However, going to either extreme is unhealthy and should be avoided. Eating nutritious food is the key to good health of your baby.
Here are some of the things you must include in your diet during your first trimester:
Spinach: Spinach is high in folic acid that is necessary for your baby’s development. Spinach can be frozen and stored so that it is accessible at all times. Spinach can be incorporated easily into meals by tossing a handful in with eggs or any other vegetables or by adding a few leaves of baby spinach into salads. You could also add spinach to your smoothies.
Lentils: Lentils are rich sources of proteins that aid in the muscle growth and bone development of a baby. Dals are the easiest way to incorporate lentils into your diet. You could also boil lentils and add them to salads or other dishes.
Broccoli: Broccoli is an excellent source of iron. Iron is essential not only to form red blood cells in your baby but also to maintain your own haemoglobin levels. Broccoli can be steamed, sautéed, tossed or fried and eaten as a side dish or as part of a salad.
Citrus: Citrus fruits are rich sources of vitamins and folic acid. Both of these are essential for a baby’s health development. Citrus fruits can be easily incorporated by juicing them and drinking it or by adding the juice to salad dressings. You could also eat fruits like oranges as it is or add the pods to salads.
Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese is a rich source of proteins especially for vegetarians. It is also very rich in calcium. Both calcium and proteins are essential for muscle and bone development. Cottage cheese can be grilled or eaten raw. You can also eat it with pancakes or use it to replace ricotta in pasta and quiches.
Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of protein, calcium and vitamin D all of which are crucial to your baby’s development. Having an egg for breakfast is a great way to start the day. Additionally, you could add boiled eggs to your salads or make a curry with boiled eggs.
Chicken: Chicken is a rich source of proteins and iron. This helps create red blood cells in your baby and in the development of muscles and tissues. Chicken can be prepared in many ways though frying it may not be a very good idea if you want to avoid excessive weight gain.
ज़िका वायरस एक मच्छर से जनित बीमारी है, जो एडीज प्रजातियों के मच्छरों से फैलता है। मच्छरों की एडीज़ प्रजातियां वे हैं, जो डेंगू और चिकनगुनिया वायरस के संचरण के लिए भी जिम्मेदार हैं। ये मच्छर भीतरी और बाहरी दोनों वातावरण में जीवित रह सकते हैं। ज़िका ट्रांसमिशन के लिए जिम्मेदार दो ज्ञात प्रजातियां हैं -एडीस अल्बॉक्टीतुस,जिन्हें एशियाई बाघ मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है,और एडीस इजिप्ती,जिसे पीले बुखार मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है। ज़िका संचरण के लिए जिम्मेदार दो ज्ञात प्रजातियां हैं -एडीस अल्बोपिक्टस,जिसे एशियाई बाघ मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है,और और एडीस इजिप्ती,जिसे पीत ज्वर मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है।
1947में,ज़िका वायरस पहली बार युगांडा में बंदरों में पहचाना गया था।1952 में युगांडा और संयुक्त गणराज्य तंजानिया में पहले मानव मामलों की सूचना मिली थी। तब से,अफ्रीका,दक्षिण पूर्व एशिया और प्रशांत द्वीप समूह में इसके प्रकोप दर्ज किए गए हैं। ज़िका वायरस संभोग के माध्यम से भी फैल सकता है। अध्ययनों से यह भी पता चला है कि यह वायरस रक्त,वीर्य, मूत्र,और संक्रमित लोगों की लार,साथ ही आंखों के तरल पदार्थों में पाया जा सकता है।
ज़िका वायरस के लक्षण
ज्यादातर लोग किसी भी लक्षण का अनुभव नहीं करते हैं। यदि लक्षण उत्पन्न होते हैं,तो वे आम तौर पर हल्के होते हैं और लगभग दो से सात दिनों के आसपास रहते हैं। ज़िका वायरस के लक्षणों में शामिल हैं:
- लाल चकत्ते
- जोड़ों का दर्द
- आँख आना (लाल आँखें)
- मांसपेशियों में दर्द
- आंखों के पीछे दर्द
ज़िका वायरस संक्रमण गर्भावस्था के दौरान माइक्रोसेफली सहित जन्मजात मस्तिष्क असामान्यताएं भी पैदा कर सकता है। ज़िका वायरस संक्रमण के बाद गिल्लन बर्रे सिंड्रोम विकसित करने वाले लोगों की रिपोर्ट भी सामने आई है। ज़िका वायरस के मामले में अस्पताल में भर्ती असामान्य है। इस वायरस का निदान आमतौर पर एक रक्त परीक्षण के साथ किया जाता है।
ज़िका वायरस का उपचार
ज़िका वायरस के लिए कोई विशिष्ट दवा या वैक्सीन नहीं है। हालांकि,ज़िका वायरस वाले लोगों को निम्नलिखित उपाय करने की सलाह दी जाती है:
- लक्षणों का इलाज करें।
- खूब आराम करो।
- निर्जलीकरण को रोकने के लिए द्रव का सेवन बढ़ाना।
- एसिटामिनोफेन जैसी दवाओं के साथ दर्द और बुखार से राहत।
- अपने चिकित्सक से बात करें यदि आप किसी अन्य उपचार का अनुसरण कर रहे हैं।
- जब तक डेंगू के निदान को नकार न दिया जाए, तब तक एस्पिरिन और अन्य गैर-स्टेरायडल एंटी-इन्फ्लैमेटरी ड्रग्स (एन.एस.ए.आई.डी)न लें।
ज़िका वायरस की रोकथाम
ज़िका वायरस के संक्रमण को रोकने के लिए मच्छर के काटने से बचाव करना महत्वपूर्ण है। ज़िका वायरस को रोकने के लिए निम्नलिखित सिफारिशें दी गई हैं:
- कीट विकर्षक का उपयोग करें
- लंबे बाजू वाले कपड़े और लंबी पैंट पहने
- आप बिस्तर पर मच्छर जाल भी रख सकते हैं
- यह महत्वपूर्ण है कि बाल्टी,ड्रम,बर्तन,गटर,और इस्तेमाल किए गए टायर जैसे घरों में और उसके आसपास संभावित मच्छर प्रजनन स्थलों को ढांक,खाली या साफ़ किया जाए।
- पुरुष और महिलाएं जो सक्रिय संचरण के क्षेत्रों से लौट रहे हैं,उन्हें सुरक्षित सेक्स अभ्यास,या छह महीने की अवधि के लिए परहेज़ की सिफारिश की जाती है।
The herpes simplex virus is a contagious virus that can be passed from person to person through direct contact. Children will often contract HSV-1 from early contact with an infected adult. They then carry the virus with them for the rest of their lives.
Infection with HSV-1 can happen from general interactions such as:
- Eating from the same utensils
- Sharing lip balm
The virus spreads more quickly when an infected person is experiencing an outbreak. Anywhere from 30 to 95 percent of adults are seropositive for HSV-1, though they may never experience an outbreak. It’s also possible to get genital herpes from HSV-1 if someone who performed oral sex had cold sores during that time.
HSV-2 is contracted through forms of sexual contact with a person who has HSV-2. It is estimated that around 20 percent of sexually active adults are infected with HSV-2. While HSV-2 infections are spread through contact with a herpes sore, it is assumed that most people get HSV-1 from an infected person who is asymptomatic, or does not have sores.