Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Submit a review for Iq City NH Medical CollegeYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant.
Home remedies for constipation in infants
Infants usually suffer from constipation when they are introduced to solid food. Insufficient intake of water, formula milk and lactose-intolerance are some of the other reasons of constipation in infants. It is very difficult to calm an infant when he/she is suffering from constipation. The little ones cannot express themselves completely but you can easily make out from their uncontrolled crying and the acute tummy ache; that they are suffering from constipation.
Here are some indian home remedies for constipation in infants:
- Raisins: Soak 4-5 raisins in water overnight. Squeeze the juice out of the swollen grapes and give this to your baby. It helps to pass motion very fast. Dry red grapes are much better than green ones to relieve constipation.
- Castor oil: Mix a few drops of castor oil with the mother’s milk and feed this to the baby. It can also be given with a teaspoon of lukewarm water. This dose needs to be given once a day till the baby is relieved.
- Spinach rice: Cook a small quantity of green gram dal with spinach puree and rice. Take a separate pan and add some oil and put the mixture of dal, spinach and rice in to this pan and simmer for a few minutes. This is a very effective home remedy for constipation in infants.
- Orange juice: During summers, add some water and dilute orange juice. This is the best way of getting rid of constipation. During winters, have this mix only in the afternoon.
Home remedies for constipation in pregnancy
Pregnant women are also very susceptible to constipation. They constantly think about how to get rid of constipation. Flatulence, gas and acidity problems are also very common during pregnancy. The major cause of constipation during pregnancy is hormonal change. Increased iron supplements, decreased food and water intake also add to the problem of constipation.
Here are a few natural home remedies for constipation in pregnancy:
- Watermelon: Boil some watermelon seeds and make tea with this seed extract. Sipping watermelon seeds tea helps to relieve constipation.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help to relive constipation. However, care should be taken to avoid any strenuous exercise and check with your healthcare provider whether exercise is safe for you or not.
- Coconut oil: One tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal can help to soften the stool and facilitate easy bowel movement.
- Yoga: Yoga can help a great deal in relieving constipation. Pregnant women are taught various postures that are helpful while giving birth. These postures are also helpful in constipation. Keeping the knees at an angle of 90 degrees helps to evacuate the bowels. Another pose that is really helpful is the wind relieving pose. This pose will not only help to relieve constipation, it is also helpful in passing gas.
- Pregnant women may feel the need to urinate very often. They should never avoid the urge. Use the washroom as often as required. When you sit on the toilet seat, just relax your pelvic muscles. This helps to empty the bladder more fully and also relieves constipation.
Home remedies for constipation in adults :
Before you think of finding answer to the question, “how to get rid of constipation? “. It is important to first find the reason behind constipation. Health disorders such as hypothyroidism, colon cancer, parkinson’s diseases, improper diet, irregular potty habits, and inadequate intake of water, stress and lack of physical exercise are some of the causes of constipation in adults.
Here are a few indian home remedies for constipation in adults:
- Amla powder – Just take a teaspoon of amla powder with water every day before going to bed. Being a natural laxative, it is really helpful in relieving constipation.
- Lemon juice – Take a glass of lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to it. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach. The cleansing properties of lime and the lubricating properties of salt will help to evacuate the bowels without pain.
- Flaxseeds – Make a fine powder by grinding some flaxseeds along with a few sesame seeds, 2-3 sunflower seeds and a few almonds. Take one tablespoon of this mixture everyday to get rid of constipation.
- Guavas - Consuming guava seeds can help to relieve constipation, since they contain very high fiber content.
- Ghee with milk – Take a glass of hot milk and add a spoon of ghee to it. Drink it every night before you go to bed. This is an age old home remedy or constipation.
- Methi seeds – Soak a few methi seeds overnight and drink this water in the morning. This is a very effective indian home remedy to relive constipation.
- You may be interested in reading – benefits of methi seeds.
- Isabgol (psyllium husk) – This is one of the best way to get rid of constipation instantly. If you have been suffering from constipation for more than a day or 2, isabgol is your answer. Just mix 1-2 tsp isabgol in a glass of warm milk and consume at bedtime for a week. This will not only relieve constipation but it will also help in regularizing your bowel movements.
Trust is something which one keep up the faith and kindness of loyalties towards an individual or an objects which is really an abstract, that means which can't be seen or felt physically. But it could be in one to one conscious world which can even gets broken when the trust can't come in action or to one real believe in it's nature which suppose to be, thus this could play an important role in human life in various forms of its period
Trust also plays a good value in all relationship like child to parents husband to wife lovers themselves one to one patient to doctors employee to management teachers to students and vice versas to all.
This is an confidence where it could be well played to the periods of life cycle and its various phases, and if this gets failure by one it looses others genuineness and quality of the contents involved and may be very difficult to soothen the wounded souls. Sometimes time and period also may reverse the effectiveness of the loss of trust and also gaining the trust too.
Arachnoiditis is a sort of inflammation of the defensive layers of the spinal canal. You can envisage it as the scar tissues that enlarge in the arachnoid lining. Also the lining can turn out to be inflamed due to the recurrent intervention on the spine, a lot of surgeries can lead to the scarring, for instance. It can also expand due to definite type of the spinal infections as well as due to the chemicals of epidural steroid injections, particularly if these kinds of chemicals get into the spinal fluid.
As the disease increases day by day, the symptoms also become bigger in magnitude. A lot of people who are suffering from this type of problems are incapable of working. Further due to Arachnoiditis the following symptoms are likely to happen
- Grounds of the nerve roots to plod together
- The nerve pain
- The numbness
- The tingling
Radio Frequency rhizotomy is primarily effectual on the joint pain. Patients who are good candidates for the RF have the pain whilst they're doing activities that increase the stress of the spine. Also the RF blocks all the nerves around the joint from sending the pain signals to the brain, as well as that pain free period normally lasts around one year. In that time, patients have to learn regarding the postural correction as well as the good body mechanics. RF presents the patients an option to get back their mobility as well as provide training regarding the movements of their daily lives with the less pain.
The details of information about drugs which might help arachnoiditis:
There are lots of pain management treatments available. Further patients might try the medications to find out the pain relief. A number of options are:
- The NSAIDs ( one kind of the anti-inflammatory drugs)
- The corticosteroids kind of drugs
- The anti-spasm type of the drugs
- Also an anti-convulsant drugs as well as
- The narcotic type of the pain relievers
A number of these types of medications might be given with a spinal pump. That is the little device which is entrenched under the skin and it then distributes the medication straightly to the inflamed area.
Also the patients might also take the spinal cord stimulation. On the other hand, the natural type of the treatments can assist, also, as well as it can often be utilized in conjunction with the prescribed type of the medication. You can also consult with your doctor about your options regarding your treatments.
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy.
If you are a heavy drinker or consume alcohol regularly or frequently, you should know about the harmful effects of alcohol or how it affects your body negatively. When you drink, alcohol gets absorbed into your blood and gets distributed all over your body. Alcohol consumption may cause several physical and emotional changes, which can cause great harm to the body. There are many long-term effects of alcohol abuse, which put your health at great risk.
Here are some ways in which alcohol affects the different parts of your body:
- Excretory system: Excessive consumption of alcohol may cause the pancreas to produce toxic substances that interfere with its functioning. As a result, pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas is likely. This is a serious problem, capable of destroying the pancreas. Alcohol affects the liver severely. Excessive intake of alcohol may cause alcoholic hepatitis and lead to jaundice development. Chronic liver inflammation may cause severe scarring or cirrhosis. The formation of scar tissue may destroy your liver. When the liver and pancreas do not work properly, there is a risk of hypoglycemia. The damaged pancreas may cause unbalanced blood sugar levels, which is a serious concern.
- Central nervous system: Change in behaviour is one of the primary signs of alcohol being in your system. Alcohol travels through the body and quickly reaches your brain and other parts of the central nervous system or CNS. This may lead to slurred speech and it becomes harder for you to talk. Your overall body coordination is affected along with your balance and the ability to walk properly. Over drinking negatively affects your ability to think clearly, impulse control and your ability to form memories. Long term drinking shrinks the frontal lobes of the brain. Damage to the nervous system because of alcohol may cause pain, abnormal sensations in your limbs, and numbness.
- Digestive system: Alcohol also affects your digestive system in several ways. Alcohol can affect the entire digestive system starting from the mouth to the colon and a single incident of excessive drinking can wreck parts of the digestive tract.
- Organ damage: Alcohol abuse damages your salivary glands, which cause irritation in the tongue and month. This may result in gum disease, tooth disease or tooth decay. Ulcers in the oesophagus or food pipe, acid reflux and heartburn are other impacts. Excessive drinking may also lead to stomach ulcers and inflammation of the stomach lining.
Inflammation of the pancreas disrupts its ability to help the process of digestion and regulate effective metabolism. Damage to the digestive system from alcohol abuse can also cause diarrhoea, gas, abdominal fullness.
Obesity is a growing concern worldwide with an increasingly large number of people being diagnosed as obese every year. This is closely linked to the type of lifestyle that we are attuned to; less active and more sedentary.
If you are obese, you need to lose those pounds quickly; obesity increases the risk of various cardiac diseases and metabolic disorders. Fat loss is a gradual process that involves making changes to your lifestyle and dietary habits. Some changes that you can make to lose those stubborn inches off your waist are:
- Eat small but frequent meals: Generally, eating three large meals a day is what you follow. However, it is advised to eat smaller meals at least six times in a day. Eating smaller and frequent meals tends to up your metabolism thus, increasing your overall calorie burn.
- Cardio: Cardio is the way to go, if you want to lose fat, especially high intensity interval training. This is a form of exercise that involves doing an exercise, preferably compound exercises for a short burst of time (30 – 40 seconds) at full throttle, followed by a short rest period (10-15 seconds) and then repeating the process. This elevates your heart rate and keeps your metabolic rate elevated for up to 48 hours after your workout.
- Pick your foods wisely: The food you eat is important in determining how you lose your fat. Focus on eating a high protein, low carbohydrate and a moderate fat diet. Limit sugar intake to prevent blood sugar spikes. Focus on eating natural foods instead of junk foods as they have plenty of hidden calories.
- Be active: A sedentary lifestyle can hamper your fat loss process. Sitting in your office for long durations and watching television being glued to the couch are all linked with higher levels of obesity. Take frequent breaks from work and go for a stroll outside.
- Unwind: You may adopt relaxation techniques in your daily life, such as meditation to reduce stress as stress may lead to latent and sudden weight gain. Take up hobbies which can keep your brain involved and avoid stressful activities as much as you can.
The heart is responsible for pumping blood through the system and transporting oxygen and nutrients to all the cells and tissues of the body. However, the heart is susceptible to a number of ailments, including coronary heart disease. Coronary heart disease is a condition where the heart does not receive enough blood because of obstructions or thickening of the coronary arteries. As a result the heart does not receive enough oxygen, which can cause pain in the chest and may even trigger a heart attack. Thankfully, coronary heart disease can be treated with Ayurveda. Ayurveda attempts to treat this disease by addressing the cause of the disease itself by reducing the thickening of the arteries and preventing blockages.
Ayurvedic remedies are a combination of herbal medication and lifestyle change. This is because according to Ayurveda, any illness is the result of imbalances in the body that are affected by the person’s diet, lifestyle, environment and mental health. Guggulu, Amalaki, Triphala, arjuna etc are some of the ayurvedic herbs that can be sued to treat this disease. However, according to Ayurveda, each person has a unique constitution and reacts as per the environment around them in a different manner. Thus, Ayurvedic remedies must be customised according to the patient’s symptoms and overall health.
Some Ayurvedic remedies that can be beneficial to all patients with coronary heart disease are:
- Sattvavajay Chikitsa: This refers to giving the patient mental strength and support to deal with the illness. According to Ayurveda, a calm mind is essential for healing. Hence, try meditating for a little while every morning and get plenty of sleep. Ayurvedic therapies such as Shirodhara can also be beneficial. This involves pouring a continuous stream of oil or other liquids on the forehead while the patient is lying down.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Both the food being eaten and its quantity are important according to Ayurveda. Ideally, a person should eat only as much fits into two cupped palms at a time and should maintain regular eating hours. Eating plenty of green vegetables and fresh fruits are important to regulate metabolism. Avoid eating starchy and sticky foods and preserved or processed foods.
- Panchkarma: Panchkarma helps restore balance in the body and boosts metabolism. It also detoxifies and rejuvenates the body. Panchkarma should always be practised under supervision. Of all the Panchkarma therapies, basti or enemas and virechana or purgation are said to be very effective in treating heart diseases.
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas.