Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Durg. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh Kumar SoniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Santosh Kumar Soni to be very helpful, sensible and practical. yeah i used to take food fast due to less time for lunch. Hereafter I will try to chew food fully. Thanks for the help doctor.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Santosh Kumar Soni to be very helpful. Nice to hear from you soon as possible I ll take medicine
Dr. Santosh Kumar Soni provides answers that are saved my life. thank you so much sir helpful u r suggestions
I feel every time dry my thyroid, can you explain me because now I am not in India so, This is not a cancer symptoms?
I have made peanut butter at home with 1tbsp ghee 1tsp. Cocoa powder and 1 TSP honey. How much can I consume it per day for reaping health benefits. I'm 19 and 51 kg.
The term wellness is much more than just physical health, exercise or nutrition though has been applied in many different ways. Wellness is a developed process of achieving one’s full health and well-being potential.
There are several models of wellness. A few known and accepted ones postulate six or seven aspects:
- Physical wellness
Wellness actually involves a personal perception of general wellness by the self. We score our wellness from 1-10, with 1 being worst ever and 10 being best ever score. We may all have different answers when our doctor asks us. How are you feeling today on a scale of 1-10?
So what can we do to enhance our general wellness? This is where a health or wellness coach comes in. Think of wellness coaching like this, many of us have health goals that we would like to achieve or a disease that we want to overcome, but a lot of times do not know where to begin making changes to reach those goals. Hence we need handholding to reach our wellness, health and weight loss goals- all of which the coach does for us. A wellness coach helps by challenging patients to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
General wellness coaching in hospitals - What to expect?
A health and wellness coach is available in most hospitals today. An initial visit with the coach will help you set realistic goals especially if you are grappling with a health issue like diabetes, hypertension, heart problem or stress. The coach will also do an analysis of your current routines and habits, followed by recommendations for healthy changes designed around your particular lifestyle. Follow-up appointments will be conducted to monitor your progress and ensure that you stay on track. The health coach will help you to continue with slowly implementing healthy changes into your daily routine.
Wellness coaching uses principles from positive psychology and the practices of motivational interviews and goal setting.
A wellness coach can help you with
- Weight loss and weight management is as we know is very helpful for people with diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Eating right can help manage various disorders. This will include tips to cut down on bad cholesterol generating foods and low-fat foods for heart patients and low calories and low sugar foods for diabetics.
- Improving physical activity helps in managing diabetes, heart disease and improves joint pains. The coach will guide you towards the programme that will help you manage your health condition in the best possible manner.
- Strength training helps people with poor muscle tone to develop a better frame. It is highly recommended for older people.
- Coach will tell you what to eat and how much to eat for lowering blood pressure.
- Wellness coaching is an important link between you and your doctor so go ahead make an appointment with one right away to optimise your wellness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I have dust allergy problem so what precautions I have to take? I heard that before cleaning we have to put oil in nose to prevent for dust is this true?
I am 20 years old. I am in always fear. Fear from world. I look different from others. My skin and hair color is like foreigner. I am in always fair that someone him will called me angrez.
With a number of virus and other mosquito borne disease threats looming in, such as dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases. The number of cases are on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Indigestion refers to the discomfort in your upper belly or abdomen after you have eaten your food. Indigestion in many cases has an underlying problem like gastro esophageal reflux disease, ulcers or disorders of your gall bladder. Indigestion is also known as dyspepsia in medical terms.
The causes of indigestion due to the presence of any diseases or underlying medical conditions consist of the following:
1. Problems like ulcers
2. In rare cases it could be initial symptoms of stomach cancer
3. Chronic pancreatitis
4. Thyroid disease
5. Infections in your stomach and irritable bowel syndrome
6. Pregnancy could also result in indigestion
Some of the lifestyle habits that can cause indigestion are mentioned below:
1. Excessive consumption of alcohol
2. Smoking cigarettes
3. Stress and fatigue in daily life
4. Consumption of foods with high fat content
5. Regular and excessive intake of fried and oily foods
Medications can also cause indigestion and some of those could be:
1. Steroid medications
2. Thyroid medicines
3. Certain of antibiotics in heavy doses
4. Oral contraceptives and estrogen replacement medications
5. Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen
Sometimes indigestion may not be related to the factors mentioned above and yet persist within your body. This type of indigestion is known as functional or non ulcer dyspepsia. You should contact a medical professional immediately if the symptoms of indigestion include some of the following:
1. Back pain
2. Jaw pain
3. Heavy sweating and anxiety
4. Indigestion that lasts longer than one day
5. Severe and sudden pain in the abdomen
6. Problems when you try to swallow food
7. Vomiting or presence of blood in your stool
8. Sudden loss in your weight
9. Skin and eyes turning yellow in color which is a tell tale sign of jaundice
In case your indigestion persists for too long and doesn’t respond to conventional treatment, your doctor might prescribe some of the following tests.
1. Ultra sound tests of your abdomen
2. Blood tests
3. Upper endoscopy
4. Physical examination of your digestive tract and the stomach area
5. Questions by the doctor about what symptoms you may be facing and how they are manifesting within your body
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes. Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and reducing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Viral infections usually lead to viral fever, which is characterised by high body temperatures and body ache.
The main cause of viral fever is infection. It is contagious, and it spreads from one person to another by coming in contact directly with an infected person’s body fluids.Viruses Viruses are spread when an infected person sneezes, coughs, yawns or talks. Tiny particles of viruses are sprayed into the air, and if a healthy person is close enough, he/she can get infected and may start showing symptoms of fever anywhere between 16 to 48 hours.
Symptoms of viral fever and other critical conditions can often be similar, which makes it hard to diagnose it. Thus it is important to know the exact symptoms of viral fever. In case, you or any other member of your family, are incapacitated with high fever, look out for the following symptoms.
1. Fever can be intermittent, that is, it comes and goes in intervals
2. Fever is usually accompanied with chills (feeling of coldness induced by high fever)
3. Medicines do not work effectively
4. Fever persists longer than normal
5. Severe joint pains
6. Swollen face
Viral fever usually subside on their own, and can last for more than a week. But you should remember that antibiotics do not treat viral fever. Antibiotics are meant to kill bacteria, not viruses. So taking antibiotics during viral fever is not advised since it would not cure your symptoms, only give you an unpleasant case of acidity. Instead, you can take decongestants and over-the-counter anti-fever medications. If you lose a lot of body fluids (due to vomiting or diarrhoea), you need to consume fluids that will restore lost electrolytes, such as sport drinks or Gatorade. You can also try the following home remedies:
1. Coriander tea
2. Fenugreek water
3. Dill seeds porridge
4. Dry ginger concoction
5. Rice starch
6. Tulsi leaves
Viral fever can be prevented, and you don’t need to adopt any extreme measures. You can do simple things such as:
1. Regularly wash your hands
2. Abstain from going to crowded places
3. Don’t touch your nose and mouth without washing your hands
4. If you do have a cold, cover your nose or mouth with a clean hanky while sneezing, coughing or yawning
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the neck.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
- If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.