Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Anemia
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Submit a review for Upchaar WellnessYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. thank you sir lybrate doctors having very humanity and helpful nature .i asked questoin immediatly many doctors responded thanks sir
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are knowledgeable and very helpful. We practiced all suggestions and got really good results, back pain is reduced and she can walk now
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good but conservative treatment shld have been mentioned as i have tried almost all medicine except hand splint
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are helped me improve my health, professional, sensible, prompt and practical. Thank you sir
Mr. A. Manuel
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajiva Gupta to be professional. Thank you doctor. Shall get in touch when the test is done.
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, sensible and practical. Thank you!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajiva Gupta to be very helpful. thank you very much for ur help
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thanks for giving information sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajiva Gupta to be very helpful. Plz help
P Ranjit Kumar
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajiva Gupta to be very helpful. Helpful
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are knowledgeable. ThanQ very much Doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajiva Gupta to be very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are caring. thank u sir
P. A. Mishra
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are caring. Thanks sir
Dr. Rajiva Gupta provides answers that are very helpful.
Truly worth.. He gives right and valuable advice
Research suggests “overweight and obese people tend to develop heart disease at an earlier age.” The study indicated that “heart disease begins 1.8 years earlier in overweight middle-aged women compared with normal-weight women, and 4.3 years earlier for those who are obese.” The investigators also found that “obese middle-aged men suffer heart disease 3.1 years earlier than normal-weight men.”
Excess of anything is never healthy and the same applies in the case of alcohol. Alcohol experts have come to a conclusion that drinking too much alcohol reduces affects negatively in both the genders.
Alcohol Myth Busted
Since time immemorial, people have considered alcohol to be an aphrodisiac. However, this myth has been busted time and again by the side effects of excessive alcohol. On the contrary, alcohol is known to induce depression after consumption.
Alcohol, if consumed in unnatural quantity over a period of time can turn conditions like 'brewer's droop', which otherwise might be temporary into permanent impotence. Alcohol addiction is a cardinal sin for couples planning on having a baby. Women, whose bodies are much more sensitive and complex than a man's body, react greatly to even a small quantity of alcohol. Even government's guidelines on low-risk alcohol consumption unit do not guarantee no harm, and people are known to have taken much longer time to get pregnant and irregularity in their menstrual cycles even after abiding by the government's guidelines.
What Is Moderation?
No one is asking you to completely cut down on alcohol. But moderation should then be a religion for all the drinkers. Moderate drinking includes no more than 2 drinks per day (US. Centre for Disease Control and Prevention). The explanation is that your liver can act on alcohol at one standard size drink an hour, so heavy drinking means that too much alcohol for the liver to handle and hence unhealthy toxins are released in the body having an adverse effect on the sex life.
Some of the more common problems caused by alcohol in a couple's sex life are:
- Long-term erectile dysfunction: The most common of all the problems, erectile dysfunction can most commonly be attributed to heavy drinking. 60% of men who are alcohol addicts are known to be suffering from loss of sexual appetite.
- Ruined Families and relationships: Alcohol can be considered one of the biggest inducers of divorce among couples. It makes people less caring and more and more involved in their drinking antics. 90% of domestic violence incidents include alcohol.
- Side effects of smoking: Drinking is usually accompanied by cigarettes and a cocktail of these two substances can be a deadly weapon against your sanity. For men below 40, erectile dysfunction primarily happens because of excessive smoking.
- STDs: Alcohol consumption helps people shed their inhibition and cases of unprotected sex increases. It increases your chances of actually getting an STD. 50% of all impromptu sexual encounters happen in the presence of alcohol and 60% STD spread when alcohol is also in the picture. Young adults who consume alcohol at an alarming rate are 7 times more likely to indulge in unprotected sexual intercourse.
Hence, we see that alcohol addiction does not compliment healthy sex life and therefore people must toe in line at the right time to ensure the wellbeing of their lifestyle and sexual activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
43 years old my aunty got chest pain 3 weeks back not localised but they went to doctor they took ecg to her she already took medication for hypertension for 5 months I have doubt in that normal or not.
Hi! My age is 20. I am an engineering student and so I always keep on watching video lectures or something like that for about 3-3.5 hours a day and sometimes I have severe headache and my forehead is just about to blast out and I also have pain in the areas near my eyes sometimes. So please suggest something good that reduces this sort of pain.
Hi, I have suffered from typhoid twice once in November n now in December. I got severe back pain when I got typhoid first time. Later too. Still suffering from bank pain. One orthopedist suggested me to go for MRI. He is suspecting it as salmonella discitis. MRI report says dehydration of disc l2-l3. Please suggest me.
My daughter is suffering from severe cold and cough. She is unable to sleep for continuous coughing. Please help me doctors. I have consulted the doctors and following the prescribed medicines. But all is in vain. She is still coughing.
Sir mujhe asthama h kya ye bimari mere sath relation banane wale ko bhi hogi? Agr hoti h to relation kaise banaye rakhe.
I am 30 years old. I have gas from last 4 years. I have used lot of medicins but in vain. Also my penis are very short of only 3 inches what can I do in these situations.
It is often a misconception that you can lose fat from a specific place. If you lose fat from the body, then the fat loss would be from the entire body and won’t be restricted to a specific area of your body. Exercise and diet combined together form an effective tool which you can use to lose fat from your entire body.
The fat in the body is stored in the form of triglycerides, which the body cannot break down for energy. The triglycerides are first broken down to glycerol and fatty acids, which are then released into the bloodstream, following which they can be used as energy.
Initially the body uses the available carbohydrates present in the blood for energy; fat is only used as fuel after the carbohydrates supply is exhausted. Hence, prolonged steady state exercise, such as jogging for 50-60 minutes is an efficient method of burning fat. Another strategy you may employ to lose fat from your body is by a method called high intensity interval training.
High intensity interval training (HIIT) is increasingly becoming the new fad in fat loss. This method utilizes a concept where you do an exercise at full thrust for a short time of 20-30 seconds followed by a short rest period of 10-15 seconds; this comprises of one set. Repeat for another 9 to 10 sets for a proper HIIT workout. The idea is to burn energy during the exercise and after the exercise is complete.
The exercises in HIIT are done at full throttle which means your heart rate centers around an anaerobic zone and this creates an oxygen shortage in the body. An effect called EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) is induced in the body that results in an elevated metabolism for up to 24-48 hours after the workout. So you would be burning fat simply by doing nothing.
The fat loss process occurs when the fat cells around the body shrink. Doing body specific exercise such as crunches to lose fat from the stomach does not work and will only work the muscle underneath the fat. It is better to focus on compound exercises that involve the entire body to burn more calories and lose fat from the body.
1) how cold water is harmful for health? Is it true that on consumption of cold water for long time reduce BMR (basal Metabolic rate) 2) what are the ill-effects of cold drinks and which ingredients in cold drink are harmful? How those ingredients affect the body internally? 3) sugary food is harmful for health or not? If it harmful then how it affects the body internally? 4) if spicy food is consumed more than necessary then how it affects the body? Thanking you in anticipation.
Does having sinus tachycardia and shortest pr interval reflecting on ECG is normal or is it dangerous. If ECG is taken when the patient is suffering from cough. And if we see shortest pr interval & sinus tachycardia on the ECG report, is it normal or any precautions should we take, please suggest.
Researchers found that lower risk of a higher blood glucose level in the morning for every additional hour of sleep.
Adequate sleep is as important as a healthy diet and regular exercise
I am suffering from cold for 4 years. I met doctor they said me that it permanent. I want solution for it.
My Mom is having constant pain in one leg till waist, done with health package, everything is normal Vitamin D deficiency found, she is having diabetes as well. At she has taken vitamin D injection as well but with no relief. Can anyone of you suggest me something Experts views are most welcome.
Sir, I don't, know what I am suffering from, I had a chest pain last month so I got contacted with a cardiologist he suggested to undergo some test, my ECG was good, TMT was 86%, but there was something found in Echo I.e I am having bicupsidal valve with mild regurgitation and with LV Ejection Fraction of 60%, I am also having high blood pressure and my LFT reports were OK, but still I am feeling something is happening to me i.e I am feeling sometime fatigue specially during evening time and I am feeling heavy head most of the time in a day. So please suggest what is really happening to me.
A pessimistic attitude increases the risk for death from heart disease, a new study reports. The researchers followed 2, 267 men and women 52 to 76 years old. At the start of the study participants were presented six statements and asked to rate, on a 0 to 4 scale, how well the statements applied to them. The text was either positive (for example, in uncertain times, I usually expect the best) or negative (if something can go wrong for me, it will). The scientists found that those in the highest one-quarter of scores on pessimism were more than twice as likely to die of heart disease as those in the lowest one-quarter.
your personality traits can make physical health worse, if you're pessimistic and have some health issues, then it's even more important to take care of your physical health.