Patient reviews for Doctors for Gingivitis in Khirki Extension, Delhi
Harshita's review for Dr. Amit Bhatia
He is so supportive and consulted very precisely. I actually got my braces done today only as I found that so apt. Read more reviews
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums, usually caused by a bacterial infection. If left untreated, it can become a more serious infection known as periodontitis. Gingivitis and periodontitis are major causes of tooth loss in adults. The symptoms are:
• gums that are red, tender, or swollen
• gums that bleed when you brush or floss your teeth
• gums that have pulled away from the teeth
• loose teeth
• a change in how your teeth fit together when you bite (malocclusion)
• pus between teeth and gums
• pain when chewing
• sensitive teeth
• partial dentures that no longer fit
• foul-smelling breath that does not go away after you brush your teeth
HOW IS GINGIVITIS DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of the same would be done by a dentistry expert who would check the inflammation and also examine the mouth.
HOW IS GINGIVITIS TREATED?
One must practice proper oral hygiene to treat gingivitis. One should also cut back on any smoking and control diabetes. Other treatments include deep cleaning of teeth, antibiotic medications, and surgery.
DID YOU KNOW?
The possible complications involved are:
• Gingivitis returns
• Infection or abscess of the gums or the jaw bones
• Trench mouth