Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Simran Saini
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Simran SainiYour feedback matters!
There are numerous conditions that can arise when the body does not process the dietary glucose properly. Hypoglycemia, otherwise called as low blood sugar, is when the blood sugar level in a person’s body decreases than normal value. Individuals with diabetes can get hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) when their bodies do not have enough sugar to use as fuel. It can happen for a few reasons, including diet, few medications and conditions, and exercise.
In case you get hypoglycemia, record the date and time when it happened and what you did. Give the record to your specialist, so he or she can search for a pattern and adjust your medications accordingly. The most widely recognized reason for hypoglycemia includes medicines used to treat diabetes mellitus, for example, insulin and sulfonylureas.
The risk is more noteworthy in diabetics who have eaten very less than what is required, exercised more than expected, or have had excessive alcohol. Other reasons for hypoglycemia incorporate kidney failure, certain cancers, for example, insulinoma, liver sickness, hypothyroidism, hunger, an inherent error of digestive system, extreme diseases, receptive hypoglycemia, various medications and liquor. The vast majority feels the symptoms of hypoglycemia when their glucose is 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or lower. Every individual with diabetes may have distinctive symptoms of hypoglycemia depending on their age, stage and other factors. You will figure out how to recognize yours.
Some of the most common symptoms are:
Early indications include:
- Shivering or shaking
- Pounding heart
- Racing pulse
- Pale skin
Anxiety Without treatment, you may get more serious side effects, including:
- Poor coordination
- Concentration issues
- Numbness in mouth and tongue
- Trouble talking, impaired speech
- Ataxia, incoordination, mistaken up for being drunk
- Central or general motor deficiency, loss of motion, hemiparesis
- Trance, coma like state, strange breathing
- Seizures Individuals with hypoglycemia unawareness do not have any idea about their glucose level drops.
In case you have this condition, your glucose can drop without you noticing it. Without quick treatment, you can pass out, encounter a seizure, or even go into a state of extreme coma. In case somebody is having an extreme reaction, for example, unconsciousness, it is imperative to inject a drug called glucagon and contact the hospital quickly. People who are at danger for low glucose need to speak with their specialist about getting a solution for glucagon. You should never give an unconscious individual anything by mouth, as it could make them choke. Hypoglycemia should not be ignored.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have asthma problem. I use asthma preventer. But often I have heard that by using it our bones get weakens. Is it true? Also what are supplement vitamins that I should take.
Allergic rhinitis is also known as hay fever. This is a seasonal cold allergy condition that comes with many symptoms like reddening and watering of eyes, blocked and runny nose, flu, headaches and many others. The causes of hay fever include exposure to dust, nettle, pollen, pet hair and even pollution. While most doctors prescribe anti allergies to deal with this problem, it can also be cured and treated with the help of alternative treatments.
Let us find out about six such treatments:
1. Chinese Medicine: Traditional Chinese Medicine is also known as TCM, and it usually works by incorporating eight essential herbs along with massages, acupuncture and dietary tweaks in order to create a basis for treatment. These methods aim at creating a more congenial environment within the body of the patient so that the patient is more equipped to deal with the problem causing allergens that come in from the environment outside.
2. Acupuncture and Acupressure: This is also a Chinese form of treatment that aims at redistributing the Qi or Chi, which is the life giving energy within us. With the help of this needle based treatment, the various points in the body are activated so that the Chi quotient is more favourable and fights these allergens and symptoms with greater gusto.
3. Ayurveda: This is an ancient life science that originated India. With the use of herbs, condiments and spices in one's everyday life, Ayurveda brings in other methods of treatment including Yogic postures and poses, dietary changes, massages and more in order to treat conditions such as allergic rhinitis. The problem of hay fever or allergic rhinitis may be cured with the use of seven herbs including piper nigrum, terminalia bellerica, piper longum, and others which can help in soothing the symptoms and creating resistance towards the allergens in the long run. Along with this, Jal Neti can also be practised so as to clear the nasal tracts and airways. One should also avoid food that is cold and can give rise to an aggravation of the dosha in question.
4. Ointment: The use of herbal allergy absorbing creams and ointments can also help in averting the onset of conditions like allergic rhinitis. These ointments or creams may contain long chain hydrocarbons which can get absorbed into the nasal mucosa.It can be applied three times in a day.
5. Capsaicin: Extracted from red peppers, this wonder ingredient can help in desensitising the nerve fibres in thenasal tract which create hyperresponsiveness of the nose. In this way, this ingredient can curb the allergic reaction.
6. Gavyamrut Grut: Gavyamrut Grut is made by mixing pure cow ghee with certain herbs. It should be used as nasal drops and is a very effective and time tested remedy for allergic rhinitis.
As a part of the treatment, one must also take care to avoid allergens that cause the allergic rhinitis.