Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta NakraYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old unmarried. I am a regular cigarette smoker from last 8-9 yrs. From last 30-40 days I am feeling heaviness in my chest with little pain. I feel that something has been filled in my chest. I am also feeling weakness also.
My aunt is having diabetes 250 above .she is taking daily injections her self human mixed 40 ml injection she is taking .is she can use tablets rather injections ? If possible pls mention d tablet names .and pls guide me d diet plans for reducing her sugar levels.
Hi Sir/ mam. I am 21 years old. I am so thin, when I am taking food small amount of food will enough to me. Hope you give the better to improve my weight.
I am suffering from weakness and headache since 5 days. Beside this l m also feeling heavy stomach, feeling of vomiting. But l m eating normal diet. But mood is also not good.
I am female 35 years old .having hypothyroid and this kind of thyroid is generally associated with some weight gain. But myself lost gain and it is not active from last 5 years it's normal and my wait is only 43 Kg. How I gain wait?
Hi do eating fruits for a whole is good for health? Is this helps in reducing weight or any problems will be faced in a future. Please provide the information in detail.
Hello my name Shilpa, age 22 yrs. Am very weak & anemic. I wanted to gain weight its not happening nly. please tell me can I take weight gain products like Endura mass, Ayurvin nutri gain or please suggest me anything which is safe & effective.
I am 24 year old and my height is 5'10" and according to my height and age my weight is too low. What should I take to improve my weight so that I will look good and smart? Please help me out.
Hi, For the past few days I am feeling very weak. Its like after taking proper diet also feeling restless. Not able to sleep due to bit stress. Kindly suggest.
Two times angioplasty operated now feel tired after little walk are in staircase. recommend me about this problem?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.