Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
I am 32 years old I think I am facing piles problem and I also have a habit of eating slate chalk pieces does it effect my health please advise.
I don't have any fixed time to take food / my main problem lies over here only. I don't have any pain but always I feel like that something is still there sometimes I go to toilet for 5_6 times and yes sometimes it's very hard stool and sometimes very loose also I had to sit there for very long time.
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
I have getting weakness from 2 months and I can not ride bike I have more pain. Wt can I do please tell me.
I am 20 year male, I am suffering from severe nausea over 3 years. While eating. I could not eat though am hungry. I feel like vomiting but am not actually. By this am in under weight. Kindly help me.
I am 23 years old, Recently I had a complete blood check up and I am zinc deficient. Please suggest medicine.
I need a diet plan so that I could reduce my weight. I don't have any allergies. And give me details about ZMA shall I consume it or not?
Weight gain is a complex situation. As you would have witnessed, despite being on a diet, reduced food intake, intense workout and exercise, herbal/nutritional supplements, losing weight may be difficult. That's because body weight is regulated by a mechanism called metabolism which in turn is controlled by hormones.
Metabolism in short means breaking down of complex foods into simple components. So food, as we eat, is broken into carbs, proteins and fats. Extra carbs are turned into fats for future use. So if too much carbs are taken, by default you are strong too much fat. But if you have corrected your diet then ideally you shud be losing weight. When that doesn't happen, it indicates that there must be an underlying problem with metabolism.
Here's what you/anybody trying to lose weight must do.
- Check for thyroid levels.
- Check sugar levels.
- If you are having menstrual problems, chances of hormonal imbalance are higher which could cause weight gain. Consult a doctor. Who will advise an ultrasonography?
- Continue the diet
- Continue physical activity.
- Do not try to lose more than 2 kgs a month - you will bounce back higher.
- Please note thyroid and sugar tests may be negative initially - they take a long time even 2-3 yrs to finally appear in reports, despite patients having symptoms of the condition.
Last but not least, in fact very imp, be happy since stress is the only initial trigger to cause disturbances in body's functions.
I am 19 year old and I m trying to loose my body weight and I used everything but then also there is no weightless. So what should I do.
There are many nutrients that are absolutely critical for the proper function of our brains. Going completely vegan and avoiding animal foods definately leads to deficiency in many brain nutrients vital for a healthy and kicking brain. I highly recommend that people who choose to avoid meat for ethical reasons (because there is no proven health reason) at least include some eggs and oily fish. A little bit goes a long way and it is possible to choose natural, humanely raised sources. Unlike herbivorous animals human digestive system contains enzymes to digest both meat and veggy sources.
So here are nutrients which are only found in animal sources and you cant get even trace amounts in plants:
1. Vitamin b12 vitamin b12 is critical for the nervous system and is primarily only in animal foods. A deficiency can cause all sorts of adverse effects on brain function.
2. Creatine creatine is an important nutrient in muscle and brain that helps to supply energy. Studies show that vegetarians have a deficiency in creatine that leads to adverse effects on muscle and brain function.
3. Vitamin d3 a large part of the world is deficient in vitamin d3, which is only found in animal foods. A deficiency in this critical nutrient is associated with depression and various diseases.
4. Carnosine carnosine is found strictly in animal tissues. This nutrient can reduce damage caused by elevated blood glucose and may have strong anti-aging effects.
5. Docosahexaenoic acid (dha) the omega-3 fatty acid dha is critical for proper function of the brain. It is primarily found in animal foods like fatty fish. Studies show that vegans and vegetarians are often deficient in it.
Optimally atleast one daily serving of animal product like egg, fish or meat is recommened for a healthy brain. But to those who really decide to remove all animal foods from their diet, then make sure to be very concerned about your diet and supplements, or you may end up very sick with a poorly functioning brain.