Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
My mother having diabetes from last month. Last month only we came to know that. She is afraid to take any medicine. So can you please suggest the diet and treatment's and medicine which she should follow.
How to loose weight in this new year? Make diet resolutions that will give you awesome results through out the year.
1. Mission statement: make a mission statement and write on a nice piece of paper & read it everyday first thing in the morning. You can stick it in your wall or stick it on the journal keep it near bed side & read it when you get up. This will keep your focus on your health goal & will slowly rewire your mind into thinking healthy.
2. Divide your goal: make a goal and split it into several small goals to be achieved in a particular time frame. As you achieve the small goals, they will give you sense of accomplishment and will motivate you too move ahead step by step and soon you will have your victory.
3. De- junk: de- junk your house on last day of this year that is 31st december. Throw away all the junk food lined up in your fridge or kitchen cabinets and pledge not to bring in any junk in to your house. Repeat the process at the end of every month, if you have accidentaly brought any thing.
4. Food log: prepare a food log in which you right whatever you eat, along with the time. And read it before having each meal. This will guard you against any unconscious eating that you may be do during the day. This is a very powerful tool. You can also compensate well in the next meal if you have cheated earlier.
5. Hydrate: drink plenty of water during the day. Make use of several apps available, which remind you to have water from time to time. So that you wont confuse thirst with hunger and will feel fresh and active whole day.
6. Salad: make it a habit to add salad too every meal. Having salad 30 mins before meals makes you feel fuller and you tend to eat less and add minerals and vitamins to your diet.
7. Small portions: new year is a great time to bring in new crockery. Switch your crockery to smaller size. That way you will be taking smaller portions of food.
8. Exercise: make exercise part of your life. If you are not motivated then start with a simple leisure walk to enjoy the nature, gradually increase it when you start to like it. If you are not an morning person, then go in evening. Go for yoga, zumba, strength training or a simple walk, once you join I am sure you will like it.
9. Professional help: take help of a professionals to achieve your goals. They are specially trained in their field and will be able to help you better. With so many myths and fads floating on net and around. A good professional can give you an insight that what can work for your body needs and goals. And also keeps a postive tab on you.
Consult me for personalised diet plans and guidance to become healthy and to make 2016 your best year ever.
I have fats accumulated on the sides of the waist I want it to be reduced. Please suggest me sum diet and exercise plan.
My cousin is so fat he wants to reduce weigh so How to loose weight easily please help n suggest something.
Sir I am using Revital for the past two months. Still I feel weak. Can I used revital and any other vitamin tablets simultaneously daily. Or is it harmful.
I have a hair losing problem and I want to stops my hair loss please give me solutions and another is I have a problem with my tummy, please give me advise for not improving my tummy and hair manage.
Haii sir .Me facing a problem with body. My AGE is 23 .Me less in weight nd height .How to increase my body nd height also. Pls tell me sir.
I am 44 years old. My name akshay shah. I have diabetes last 4 years. Last 2 years I have take one medicine name glimisec 1 mf. My fasting is 115. Ppbs @ 180 to 200. Please suggest some other way without medicine dose hike I have control my diabetes.
Hlw I am 18 years old and my question is what I am do to growth a body muscle or power. Now my weight is 59 kg.
Which types of food preferable to remain fit healthy, I suffering from overweight so please give me some advice.
My fitness strength is not so good I want my stamina increase what I do? please give some solution to me to resolve my problem.
I am 40 years old 5; 5 weight 98 I want to loose weight I have done many things gym vlcc but as I leave them my weight is double what should I do to get positive results and now I am suffering from vertigo problem too.
What is motion sickness?
Motion sickness (travel sickness, car sickness) is a general sense of not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, headache, and sweating that is caused by repeated motion. It develops when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. Any type of transportation can cause motion sickness.
Children are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. About half of children between the ages of 4 and 10 experience dizziness and nausea when travelling by car, airplane or boat. Girls tend to be more susceptible than boys.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
The most common signs and symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Increased salivation
- Pale skin
Homeopathy for Motion Sickness
In most cases treatment with homoeopathic drugs is necessary and in some cases, it is the only method of treatment as conventional treatment cannot offer a cure always. Merely treating Motion sickness on symptomatology basis has failed to give permanent relief. So a holistic approach considering the individualistic treatment to provide an improved understanding of the patient’s situation and to make it easier and possible to avoid recurrences in the future has to be kept in mind in treating such diseases.
In the context of travel, homoeopaths have some valid conclusions, regarding the holistic and individualistic approach to motion sickness. Homoeopathy takes the set of most distinct, individual symptoms into account, which are truly characteristic of the patient forming the basis of prescription which eventually leads to cure. It is hoped that useful information will be gained both on the entity of motion sickness, as well as the homoeopathic approach to its management.
Travel sickness is enough to ruin a perfect getaway, but thankfully homeopathic remedies prove to be very effective and are perfect to carry when travelling. Some of the common homeopathic remedies which can be used as companions when travelling are:
- Aconite: This is used when one faces excessive restlessness and fear along with high heat and an urge to cool down with cold drinks.
- Borax: Taken when symptoms arise due to a downward movement like during turbulence or sudden dipping of the plane. This sudden movement causes anxiety, fidgeting, distress and confusion. Also, helpful in people who are scared of the dip of the plane during landing.
- Cocculus: This can be taken when a person experiences symptoms of nausea, salivation, dizziness and wants to lie down in order to prevent vomiting. If the sight and smell of food makes a person unwell they can also take this medicine.
- Nux Vomica: This is used when a person feels nausea, syncope and a feeling of faintness along with being sensitive to even slight movements. In this the person is usually irritable. Other symptoms which are seen in this are constipation or indigestion and a splitting or severe headache.
- Petroleum: Used when person experiences nausea, headache, dizziness, cold sweat, vomiting, extreme hunger or eating disorder along with a feeling of being confused and angry. Usually this condition is worsened by nausea.
- Tabacum: This is indicated when people experience extreme motion sickness, to the extent of being pale and a saliva filled mouth. These people might suffer from the severest form of palpitations and nausea. Closing the eyes and breathing fresh and cold air helps to relieve the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in motion sickness. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.