Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Shweta Dewan
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta DewanYour feedback matters!
Hi Doc, I am 28 now and want to know how much sugar I can consume in one day, for future health. And how can I calculate how much I eaten in a day. Thanks.
I am 86kg in weight and height is 5 feet 9 inches. According to BMI I am obese so I need to loose 15 kgs of weight. I want to know what shall I eat to be fit and loose weight. I wanna know this too that how can I loose some weight and would the lemon juice at morning helps me loose weight?
I have one year old boy during pregnancy my breast size grown but now it has came down. Pls advice any medicine to increase rest size and make is tight also. Im not breast feeding since my boy turned six month. I heard contraceptive pills for family planning tends to increase the brest size? Is it true?
Osteochondritis dissecans of Talus, more commonly known as OCD Talus, is a condition affecting the ankle. In it, a portion of the joint bone gets separated from the joint due to faulty blood supply. In some cases, the bone may remain in place and gradually repair itself over time. However, most of the times, the bone splinter falls into the joint, hindering mobility and causing great pain.
Symptoms of OCD Talus
Here is a look at some of the symptoms and signs which you are likely to encounter if you suffer from OCD Talus.
- The ankle joint will be swollen and sore.
- While trying to move the joint, it may get locked or caught up, preventing the full range of motion.
- You may feel a cracking or popping sound when the joint is in motion. This sound is known as crepitus.
- A general weakness of the ankle joint is also a marked symptom in most cases.
- Fluid deposits may be formed at the joint affected, causing even more inflammation and discomfort. This is known as an effusion.
- The condition will be painful and the pain increases with physical activities such as walking or exercise.
Treatment options for OCD Talus patients
While there are many different treatment methods for the condition, some are more effective than the others. At the initial stages of the disorder, the doctor may-
- advise you to rest the ankle and thus give the splintered bones time to heal.
- advise you to take a break from sports if you are involved in such activities.
- prescribe non-steroidal pain medications to deal with the discomfort resulting from the condition.
- suggest wearing braces or other artificial devices to immobilize the joint temporarily. The patients may need to use crutches in such cases.
The treatment methods mentioned above usually work for children and young adults. However, people of advanced ages may suffer from additional complications. Surgery is a viable option and it can help patients in two ways. It can restore normal blood flow, which may be suppressed due to the bone splinter, and it can also repair the ankle joint.
OCD Talus affects a very limited number of people. Osteochondritis dissecans is more common in knees and elbow joints. Almost 75 percent of OCD cases affect the knee joint. However, if your ankles are affected, it may be just as severe and can greatly affect your ability to move properly. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!