Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Shweta Aggarwal
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 21 years old and my weight gain day by day. I am a student. How I could loss my weight normal homemade process?
How to lose weight in a short time effectively. Give some important tips to use in early in the morning.
I am 22 years Male. I keep eating but m always thin. Can you help me out of this. I want to become more healthier. Thank you.
My height is 5'12" I am very slim. And I am underweight 52 kg only. Ond suffering from nightfall problem. please advice me any medicines to became fatty. Thank You.
I want to reduce my weight is it possible by walking daily in the evening or should I do something else.
I do not feel hungry. I can survive without eating anything for the whole day. But I am too thin. Would you please tell me how to gain some weight and how to be fit and muscular?
I am 29 years old and my weight is 50 kg. I want to gain my weight at least 10 kg more. So I want any herbal tonics which can help me to increase my weight because I am already eat very healthy and good foods but why my weight is not gaining. So can you suggest me any type of medicine or a tonics. Please.
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time- being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido. Failing libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be treated at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life; failing libido can bring about considerable changes in your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
- Terminal illnesses like cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders can hamper your sex drive.
- Acute exhaustion from performing at work, tending to a family or to a new born can rid you of all energy.
- An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
- A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
- Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
- In males testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging. However, in females estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Ways to deal with your failing libido:
- Take Bupropion to help your case: Dopamine and norepinephrine are two basic hormones particularly necessary for a good sex drive. The consumption of Bupropion is capable of inducing the secretion of these two hormones.
- Try Eating a Mediterranean diet: A Mediterranean diet is perhaps the most reliable solution for a majority of diseases that plague men and women of modern times. This diet is known to treat failing libido in elderly people as well. A Mediterranean diet requires you to eat lots of vegetables and olive oil, while protein should be consumed in limited portions.
- Meditate on a Daily Basis: Meditation concentrates your complete energy on the well- being of your mind and body. It helps you to be conscious and aware of the sensations you feel or may feel. When continued over a long stretch of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
- Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle: If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from failing you.