Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Dermabrasion and dermaplaning help to "refinish" the skin's top layers through a method of controlled surgical scraping. The treatments soften the sharp edges of surface irregularities, giving the skin a smoother appearance.
- Dermabrasion is most often used to improve the look of facial skin left scarred by accidents or previous surgery, or to smooth out fine facial wrinkles. It's also sometimes used to remove the pre-cancerous growths called keratoses. Dermaplaning is also commonly used to treat deep acne scars.
- Both dermabrasion and dermaplaning can be performed on small areas of skin or on the entire face. They can be used alone, or in conjunction with other procedures such as facelift, scar removal/revision or chemical peel.
I am a diabetic and takes insulin along with some medicine .whether I should take daily a pill of multivitamins? If yes then please name some multivitamins suitable for diabetic.
The additional layer of greasy tissue under our chin is frequently created by being overweight. Drooping skin under the chin can likewise happen as we age and our skin loses flexibility. For some of us, it can be hereditary and this is often known as a double chin.
While there are surgical methods and procedures that can remove the two-fold skin, they can be costly. There are numerous straightforward home treatment alternatives to get rid of the two-fold jaw that are very easy. The most obvious is the need to diminish extra weight with an appropriate diet and workout. So, here are some exercises that can help you get rid of the double chin:
- Tongue press: Sitting with your back straight and shoulders down, tilt your head back so you are staring at the roof. Strongly press your tongue to the top of your mouth or pallet. At that point, keeping your tongue against the top of your mouth, bring down your chin to your chest, without bending your back.
- Pout and tilt: From a sitting or standing position, take out your lower lip to the extent you can to shape a sulk (place a finger on your button ; the skin needs to feel wrinkly and puckered). Hold this position for a moment. At that point, with your lip still out, get the muscles at the front of your neck to bring down your chin to your chest quite far, without adjusting your upper back.
- The “O”: Sitting with your back straight and shoulders down, tilt your head back so that you are stare at the roof. Close your lips so that they are resting. Keeping your lips shut, open your mouth so it frames an "O" shape. Hold this position for twenty seconds. You need to feel a pressure on both sides of your neck right under your jaw line.
- Kiss the ceiling: Standing straight with your arms hanging on your sides, tilt your head back and look at the roof. At that point, attempt to kiss the roof by puckering your lips and stretching them as far from your face as could reasonably be expected. You need to feel a stretch all through your neck and chin.
- Chin rotations: In a seated or standing position, stretch your spine for a tall, straight back. Gradually and delicately tilt your head so it moves in a full hover from your shoulder to chest to shoulder to back. (In case that full roundabout turns trouble your neck, stay with crescents.)
- Side neck stretch: Sitting on the floor, put one hand on the floor, fingers down, around one foot far from your hip. Try not to incline or lay intensely on your fingertips. Wrap your other arm over the highest point of your head so that your palm lies on your inverse ear. Keeping your head in with your neck, twist and make a beeline for your shoulder, using the palm to tenderly press down your shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 33 year old man suffering from diabetes from 15 years. Sometimes my vision gets blurred and get okay after sometime. Please advise.
My self rituraj age 22 years and I am unable to gain weight. N because of it I am feeling very low. Please help me gain weight fast. I am ready to spend money.
For thousands of years, breathing practices were believed to improve our health and wellness.
Modern research has shown that this is still the case: proper breathing can help us boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, accelerate healing and much more.You may be wondering: “why would I need to learn how to breathe? I was born breathing!”
Well, yes, apparently we were all breathing professionals as new-borns.
According to Don Campbell, author of Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath At A Time, we were born with a natural ability to breathe. If you ever watched a baby breath, he says, “you will notice that they inhale naturally and deeply and their stomachs expands like a balloon with each breath”.
Sadly, however, this ability doesn’t follow us for too long: modern life and its usual patterns such as stressful lifestyle and sedentary habits take over our natural ability to breathe slowly. Have you observed your breathing pattern when you are experiencing emotional overwhelm or everyday stress?
As stated in one of Harvard Medical School’s publications on breathing: “one reason may be that our culture often rewards us for stifling strong emotions. Girls and women are expected to rein in anger. Boys and men are exhorted not to cry. What happens when you hold back tears, stifle anger during a charged confrontation, tiptoe through a fearful situation, or try to keep pain at bay? Unconsciously, you hold your breath or breathe irregularly.”
Breathing can help us relax and gain focus by getting rid of the tensions in our body.
That’s why ancient practices like yoga, meditation and Pilates are proven methods for your mind body health.
THE BENEFITS OF SLOW BREATHING
“When we go below 10 breaths a minute we engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps the body relax when it has been injured”, states Clinical Psychologist Dr. Meunch. Slow breathing, he continues: “activates the vagus nerve, the primary cranial nerve, which is associated with a recuperative state.”
The benefits of breathing don’t stop here though.
Slow breathing has been proved to regulate high blood pressure, which is one of the main risk factors for strokes and heart attacks.
For this reason, different breathing devices have recently landed to the market, including Resporate. This device first monitors patient’s breaths per minute.
Then it plays musical notes so that the patient can breathe in on one note, and breathes out on another.
The slower the breath, the longer the note will play.
On top of physical benefits, breathing also affects our minds.
With deep inhalation we bring more oxygen into our bodies, with deep exhalation we are removing toxins from our body. Simple yet fascinating process.
SO HOW DO WE BREATHE PROPERLY?
The air you breathe in through your nose should go all the way down to your stomach. Your breathing muscles consist of the diaphragm and muscles in your core, chest, neck and shoulders. For deep breath, 70-80% of the inhaling should be done by pushing your diaphragm away from your ribcage. In simple words, go back to being a baby and fill your belly and chest with oxygen!
Try this breathing exercise out. This can be executed anywhere, at your desk in the office, at home or when on public transportation:
1) Inhale deeply, for 2 seconds. When you do this, think of filling your lungs from the bottom to the top.
2) Hold for 1 second.
3) To help activate your diaphragm, exhale for 2 seconds, as it you were blowing out a candle.
4) Hold for another second.
Once you master this simple exercise, your body will remember this breathing technique and you will start to incorporate slow breathing into your daily activities.
My wife is working in it company and she wants to decrease her belly fat. Can we able to decrease the belly fat by food itself.
Hello Dr.. Dr. Height 5.2 Inch Hai Mujhe Apni. Height Badhani Hain aur Meri Body Bhi Kamjor hai Mai Patla Hu Mujhe Achi And Fit body Chahiye Aur Ha Dr. Mujhe Masturbating Ki aadat hai 1 Hafte Me 1, 2 Baar Ho Jata Hain. Meri Age 19 Saal hai. Pllease Meri Help Kijiye Mai kaise Height Badhau Aur Body Banau. Dhanyawad.
Diabetes is highly common health issue in India. Your blood sugar levels increase beyond the normal levels and cause other related problems like swelling, frequent urination, nausea, heart ailments etc. Conventional drugs can only control the symptoms, but cannot help the person to completely get rid of diabetes. However, here are some suggestions from Ayurveda that can help you in treating your diabetes in a way that it will never return.
- Food habits: Try avoiding foods that are high on sugar and whatever you eat, do not eat it all at once. Eat in small portions spread over the day. Limit carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet; instead try to consume whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Lifestyle changes: Avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking. Sleep soundly and sufficiently. Maintain your body weight and take care of your health by getting routine checkups done for sugar and other possible ailments that may be underlying causes of your diabetes.
- Must Do's: Practice a healthy lifestyle by undertaking regular exercise and yoga. Practice medication and go out for a walk at least once in the day. Also, make it a habit to mix half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of amla powder with half a tablespoon of methi seeds and consume it every day. Incorporating these habits in your lifestyle would definitely help you in getting rid of diabetes.
Hi, I just download app, so I don't know how it works. My problem is weight loss, I like to lose 20 kg and more, but I always go in circle and it's not effective. Do you know how good suggestion about food and do you know some exercises for home, because I live in apartment. Thank you for your help.
She is 22 year old. She is facing obesity. Since 5-6 yrs. She's trying hard to loose excess weight. She also has irregular periodic cycle and very low blood flow. Plzz help.
I am losing my hair and I am also suffering from low weight can you suggest me medicine to gain weight and to solve problem of hair.
How to overcome with the problem of hair fall. Suddenly from few day, hair is falling in huge amount, please consult me, I use only ayurvedic oil and shampoo instead of this my hair is falling. please suggest some home made remedies.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though, the constant change in lifestyle has altered the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential.
Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern. While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce fatigue that sleeplessness brings in.
The following is a list of foods along with their most significant benefits:
- Cherries: Cherries contain Melatonin which controls our biological clock and is often used to combat jetlag. Melatonin improves duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with Potassium and Magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning and are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes: Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and provide a good night's sleep.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation and are an excellent choice of snack for lack of sleep. Blueberries balance the level of blood sugar and stabilize the hormone of satiety, Leptin, thus, inducing better sleep.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk induces sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that Tryptophan and Serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products such as cheese can improve your sleep.
- Fish: Salmon, Sardines, and Tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. All these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
- Nuts: Be it walnuts, pecans or cashews, all nuts have a soothing effect. They are a rich source of Tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. They release Melatonin and Serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
- Herbal tea: For instance, Chamomile tea and Valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered as a god sleep inducing agent.