Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sakshi AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi I am vera. Age 25. Here I have question. I have stomach with full of colastral. Please let me how to reduce it?
My niece is 4 months old. She is underweight. What all can we give her to feed other than mothers milk? Like orange juice grapes juice? Please help.
My left rib is bigger than right one and it sticks out more than right one, no pain nothing and I also have no scoliosis I have checked out for it than what is The reason. I am also very thin.Please suggest me something for gaining weight.
My mother is 76 years old, non diabetic but hypertension and acidity since past 10 years. Taking Nitrolex SR - 1 per day and RAZO D 1#. She is having osteo arthritis and constipation for which she takes Anuloma powder. What to do for pain and diet?
What is the best way to get out of dandruff. Also to gain fat in a body. because sins last 15 year no changes in my body.
I am 23 year, male, so I want to know, I am eating properly bt my body weight doesn't gain. I am eating mamy supplements bt those are not working. So wt I do please suggest me. Thnkyou.
Why women put on more weight on lower body.
Women usually have a hard time losing weight as compared to men. It could be attributed to the fact that men have more lean muscle mass and a higher resting metabolic rate. Women store fat differently - more of it goes to their thighs, buttocks, and hips, where it is harder to shed.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.