Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Rashima Arora
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Rashima AroraYour feedback matters!
HPV or human papillomavirus is a strain of viral infection that is usually passed through skin to skin contact. There are many varieties of HPV although the main focus is one the ones which are usually transmitted through sexual contact. Most sexually active people are infected by this disease although very few develop the full fledged symptoms.
Symptoms of HPV--
Primary symptoms of HPV are the growth of warts on your body in various stages or in various areas. Some of them are:
- Typical common warts - The easiest way to spot an HPV infection is the development of common warts on any parts of the body. They could appear on elbows, hands, feet and fingers. These look like bumps on the skin ad although they aren't usually are painful, itchy but unsightly.
- Flat warts - Flat warts tend to be small smooth bumps which are slightly raised skin lesions on the body which can be a little darker in colour. Men usually get this in the beard and face area while women tend to get this on their legs.
- Plantar warts - These warts usually grow on the heels or the balls of the feet and are hard grainy growths. These can be painful and even cause discomfort while walking.
- Genital warts - This is one of the most obvious and most common symptoms of HPV, especially in the variety which is transmitted through sexual contact. These usually look like small bumps or protrusions on the skin and can be of different shapes. Women can have this on the vulva, vagina or even cervix and men can have this on the penis, scrotum, and adjacent areas. Both men and women can have this on their anus as well.
Causes of HPV--
The primary cause of HPV infections is the intrusion of the virus in your skin through small cuts or abrasions on your skin. Skin to skin contact with an infected person will transfer this to you. However, genital warts are usually transferred from skin to during sexual contact. Even oral sex can transmit HPV and cause lesions in the upper respiratory tract and cause breathing problems as well. Most warts can also be transferred with the contact or touching the wart directly and thus should be avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
My vitamin D level is 60 mg .Am I deficient or toxicity in my level ,cuz I am feeling nauseated and hyperacidity. PS I had been taking vitamin D supplement from past six months but now stopped taking supplement because of acidity. Please suggest am I toxic.
Hello. I am deeksha .i need some suggestions for my mother .she is suffering from diabetes, she also have stone.
I am a diabetic history of 16 years. Till this time I am taking g food as per likings and high calories. Now I wanted a proper diet chart from morning to evening total calorific value of 1200 to 1400 calories.
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.