Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Neha Agarwal
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Neha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patient. It crosses 300+ always and kidney also little bear affected by this. I would like to know that what to do for to be this normal condition.
I am 52 yrs female. I am obese with cellulite forming around my thighs and hand. Please need advice to get rid of it.
Hi Experts I want to reduce weight atlest 10 kg am I am following this from a week 3 idli for break fast 5 n 5 chapathi (wheat) afternoon and nyt. Suggest me what else I have to eat anf do .note - doing it for a week only.
I am 23 years, for me started stomach coming. Please tell me sir, how can I maintain my stomach properly. Please suggest me sir.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am kinda free a lot now a days. I am eating very less food. I am definitely bored by exercise. Will a mixture of 1 Lemon juice, 1 glass warm water, 2 tsp honey and 1 tsp Apple Cider vinegar will help me reduce weight? And how much time will it take to reduce 3 - 5 kgs?
I am a diabetic with range of 115-135 in fasting and 168-185 in pp. At present my bowls is not clear. So what I should do.
Allergic rhinitis is the swelling and inflammation of the nasal cavity. It occurs in response to an allergic reaction initiated by the contact of nasal mucosa with allergens, which commonly are minute particles like pollen grains. The nasal cavity comprises of 3 meatuses and conchae, the superior, middle and inferior. Bones present around these meatuses and conchae are called as the turbinates. These bony structures are responsible for obstruction of any foreign particle entering the nasal cavity.
Production of mucous prevents entry of minute particles through the nose into the lungs. Due to certain factors like low immunity, these foreign particles gain an entry in the nose and cause irritation. The inflammatory reaction initiated by in the nasal passage by dust, pollen grains, bacteria, pathogens causes local swelling giving rise to the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. A specifically seasonal form of allergic rhinitis is known as Hay fever.
Ayurveda describes allergic rhinitis to be a result of accumulation of toxins and decreased immunity in an individual. These accumulated toxins are known to affect the 2 humors in the body, namely vata and kapha. Other contributing factors mentioned in Ayurvedic texts for allergic rhinitis are a prolonged period of digestive problems, inhalation of smoke or dust, weather changes, weak immune system and unhealthy lifestyle. People having furry pets at their homes also stand at a high risk for developing rhinitis. From an Ayurvedic perspective, certain cause of allergic rhinitis can further be described. Low digestion strength is termed as ‘Mandagni’ which means low fire. Increase of the kapha dosha is ‘Kaphavruddhi’. ‘Viruddha aahara’ is the consumption of improper combinations of food.
Signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis are as follows-
- Blocked or stuffy nose
- Runny nose, post nasal drip
- Continuous irritation in the nostrilsItching of throat, eye, nose
- Facial pain
- Fatigue and irritability
- Watery eyes, puffiness around the eyes
Diagnosis of allergic rhinitis can be made by evaluation of the physical symptoms. Also, confirmatory tests like an allergy test, skin test and blood tests can be done. Symptomatic treatment approach is followed.
The Ayurvedic approach for treatment of allergic rhinitis propagates maintaining a balance of humors of the body. Eradication of the accumulation of toxins is the primary aim of treatment. Firstly, dietary changes are advised. Changes in lifestyle habits in accordance to the seasonal changes are required to be made. If prone to allergy, certain precautions like covering the mouth when in contact to dust, refraining from petting furry animals, keeping homes dust free are advised.If an individual is suffering from a chronic form of allergic rhinitis, then a ‘Panchakarma’ is preferred, which relieves the Tridosha and eliminates accumulated toxins from the body. Nasal symptoms are treated by use of nasal oils. A light, minimally spicy and cooked in less oil is recommended. Lukewarm water and soups should be taken regularly. Relief from constipation is necessary.
Herbs that are useful for treating allergic rhinitis are as follows-
Haldi (Turmeric) helps to improve stamina and combat the allergic reaction. It also acts as an anti-oxidant. Purnarnava is an immunity modulator and anti-inflammatory medicine. It reduces the frequency of hypersensitivity reactions. Pepper prevents the accumulation of toxins and reduces sneezing and itching of nose.Practicing Yoga also helps in relieving symptoms. Kapalbhati, Anulomvilom Pranayam, Vrukshaasan, Bhujangasan and Shavaasan can be practiced regularly. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!