Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Neha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old male and am trying to gain weight. I have joined gym but its not helping. I would like to know about the diet and exercises helpful in this regard.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.
Good Evening doctor, I'm from Hyderabad, working in a US/IT staffing company as a process associate. My shift timings is evening 7: 30 Pm to morning 5: 00 Am, i'm completely working in night shifts from the last 6 months. I observed the vast variation in my appearance and I feel like very lazy all the day. Could you please suggest the right diet and what exercise should I do, to be active like as usual.
I am diabetics. Since last ten years. At present I am taking onderomet one tablet mor and one night. Insulin actrapid27 in mor 17 in noon and insulin mixtard50/50 -30 in night. After breakfast and lunch sugar remains 150 around but morning fasting sugar around 190. My weight is 58kgheight, 5 ft3 inch.my creatinine is1. 3,blood urea 38. Pl suggest for improvement. Of fasting sugar. I take restricted diet.
I am a 16 year old due to my academics I am not able to concentrate on my health . I did start going to the gym but I had to stop because I am in my 12th grade right now I had lost about 6 kgs and now I am gaining all of the weight back . I am afraid I will loose my confidence . My current weight is 84.6 kgs.
Dear sir I am facing problems of pimple on my face from last 3 years. Please let me know how can I get rid of it. I had used too much medicine with consultation with doctor like azithral, isort 20 mg, lnvolym 400bp, creams like clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, these are useful but when I stop this after 3 to 4 month pimple starts again. Now a days from last 4 months I am using safi its also effective. But little pimple with white pussy are still available. So please guide best something for pimple and scars also or small type of hole due to pimple.
Can the creatinine levels be decreased from 2.1 to normal levels? Can diabetic patients reverse creatinine levels by lowering sugar levels?
Hi I decreased my intake of sugar and salt, due to that fact I feel dizzy sometimes why this happens is it lower the blood pressure or something else?
After a pregnancy of long nine months and tough delivery, your body needs time to recover. Your doctor won't suggest you until your six-week postpartum checkups are done. Give yourself some time before you start watching you're actively trying to slim down. These activities will include - a healthy diet, breastfeed, working out with your baby, meditation and cardio. For long term success and to keep you feel good along the way; we are running down a series of articles to help you lose and stay slim! let's start with eating smart!
Eat smart to lose weight after pregnancy
Since your body needs abundant rest and nutrition to recover from delivery and labor, to fend off infection and to feed your baby, you shouldn't start dieting until you are permitted by your doctor. Make sure you're still consuming enough calories if you are breastfeeding otherwise your body will stop producing milk. Even if you're not nursing, crash dieting can slow down your metabolism, making it tough to lose pounds in the long run.
Regardless of a particular diet plan, follow below tips for weight loss postpartum:
Check your portions and have a balanced diet. Take small meals and only when you are hungry. You need to have a balanced diet fulfilling all your daily nutrient requirements. Your diet must comprise an adequate amount of carbohydrates, proteins, the necessary fatty acids, and fibers. The meal should include seasonal fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy foodstuffs, fish, lean meat and omega acids. Whole grains, cereals, and nuts are full of proteins and good fats. Consider, you need to eat healthy, but not much. The food you eat will provide nutrition to your child through breastfeeding.
Nutritive snacks. No junk and fast food. Have some fruits, a fruit drink, oat cookies, nuts or soaked grams for munching.
Boost up your water intake. Ten to twelve glasses of water per day will help you to cut down on weight effectively. Further, add lemon or squeeze in the seasonal fruit juice. Avoid adding salt as salt leads to water retention in the body.
Avoid packed 'non-fat' or 'low-fat' food. These packaged items are loaded with high calories.
Do not start dieting strictly. If you can exercise with a healthy diet, it will further help you weight loss.
Medimetry brings you this special series of blogs specifically written for new moms who are keen to lose weight. Watch this space for expert views on:
Breastfeed and lose weight
Work out with your kid
Cardio and weight loss training for postpartum weight
Meditate to lose weight
Focus on leading a healthy lifestyle and not a lean lifestyle. Post pregnancy your body needs maximum care, focus on you and your baby's well-being.
Now I hv 80 kg and my height is 5.11 ft, is this weight is ok, r I hv to decrease it. And I don't hv any kind of health issues past few years.
Perichondritis is an infection that occurs in the tissues surrounding the cartilage of the outer ear which provide nourishment to the cartilage. It is also known as auricular Perichondritis. In some cases, the immune system of the body may turn dysfunctional and start to destroy these tissues. Such a medical condition is then known as relapsing Perichondritis.
It is usually caused when the tissues experience trauma. Certain causes are:
1. It may occur after a surgery due to surgical trauma
2. Certain sports injuries
3. Ear piercing increases the risk of this infection
4. Any burn, laceration and cuts around the outer ear
5. If you have untreated ear condition such as swimmer’s ear (infection in the outer canal of the ear)
The symptoms of Perichondritis are:
1. You may experience swelling and redness in the affected area
2. You may have a fever
3. Pus may develop in the affected area
4. In some cases, the ear structure may be deformed
In addition to the above symptoms, relapsing Perichondritis may cause hearing loss, sudden weight loss, pain in your muscles and complications in your respiratory system.
The treatment of Perichondritis usually involves antibiotics. Antibiotics are administered depending on the severity of the symptoms. If there is trapped pus involved, then surgery may be required to treat the condition. An incision is made in the affected area and then the pus is drained out. If the infection is extremely severe resulting in deformity of the ear, then parts of the ear might have to be amputated. Plastic surgery may also be used to correct the shape of the ear.
In case of relapsing Perichondritis, certain steroid medications are administered to suppress the immune system to prevent it from attacking the tissues. There are some preventive measures, which you can employ to avoid Perichondritis. Avoid piercing your ear to reduce chances of contracting this infection. Also, if you have conditions such as swimmer’s ear, then make sure it is treated at the earliest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.