Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Varuni UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
F 21 I want to join gym for lower body fat I have fat only on my lower body and upper body is slim so but I dnt want to continue gym when I loose my lower body fat thn I will stop going to jym. But I heard that if you join jym then you have to continue jym otherwise you fatty again is this true?
I am employe in a company so I am not done physically work so I want to reduce my weight without exercise.
Im 32 male 5ft 4inch, 81kg, i have ppbs value 154, im taking glycomet 500 1tab after dinner. am i considered diabetic?
In this days I am feeling too weak in my working life. So please give me your opinion for what medicine I will take.
Replenish your body by adding few fresh, juicy foods apt for this scorching summer heat!
?Incorporate smoothies made from berries or fresh fruits with yoghurt
?Have watermelon crush
?Vegetable salads including cucumber,corn, tomato, lettuce
?Include herbs like mint and coriander in the glass of buttermilk.
The antioxidant properties of these healthy foods helps in lowering the risks of inflammatory diseases and age related problems as they flush out the toxins from your body making you feel relaxed and energetic.
I am male having age of 30. My height is 172 cm and weight is 55 kg. I want to increase fat, weight and muscles. Advice me.
My age 27 years and height 5.11. But my weight only 55 kg. So please give me some medicines for weight gain.
How to increase height. I am a 19 year male .my height is 5 ft4 inch. Weight is 54 kgs .my parents are of my height. Please help me to increase 2-4 inch height.
I am 39 years old male, my body weight is 95 kg. I will get a backache if I stand for 30 min continuously. I am facing this problem from past 3 years. Now from past 2 months I have also restricted my meals to 2 chapatis. What more I can do reduce my body weight and overcome the problem.
I am studying 10th standard, I am suffering from weight loss my weight is only 34, I am interested to gain 45 kg what can I do please help me.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.