Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Pinky PaulYour feedback matters!
What is the difference between Metformin Hcl IR and metformin Hcl SR. Which is better for a diabetic?
The term 'diet' immediately makes you think of a starving and depriving weight-loss regimen. But diet simply means what food we eat in the course of 24 hours, one week or one month. Nonetheless, certain myths have arisen surrounding this term too and which have been debunked here:
Myth 1: Cutting carbohydrate helps you lose weight
You need carbohydrates for energy. A minimum of 130 grams of carbs is recommended each day which is a far cry from low carb diets that start with 20 grams or less. Fat diets aside, what matters is how refined the carbohydrates are. Refining removes grain's fibrous coating, which leads to faster food digestion. That’s why whole fruits with their fiber and nutrients are good choices despite their simple carbohydrates. The idea is to cut back on refined carbs such as soda and foods made with white flour while loading up on healthier carbs like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
Myth 2: Diet foods help you drop pounds
If you scan labels for the lowest calorie and fat counts you might be doing yourself more harm than good. Pre-packaged diet foods have a lot more sugar and trans fat. As with carbs, it is the quality of fat and not the amount that matters. Monounsaturated fats (nuts, olive oils, avocados) and polyunsaturated variety (in corn, soybean) help your cardiovascular system and improve weight loss. Trans fat and saturated fat have been linked with heart disease and even cancer.
Myth 3: The more you cut calories, the more weight you will lose
If you cut your calories too far you'll end up decreasing your metabolism and muscle mass. To get the most out of calories you should choose whole foods like fresh meat and fish, and whole grains that are as close to their natural state as possible. They have higher nutrient density than refined foods as they pack more vitamins and minerals into fewer calories.
Myth 4: Dairy products make you fat
A dairy-rich diet can double fat reduction and weight loss, and help prevent weight gain. Three servings of low or non-fat dairy a day is recommended every day. A cup of milk or yogurt or 1 and a half ounces of cheese equals one serving.
Myth 5: Brown equals whole grain
Whole grains reduce your risk of many chronic ailments, from obesity, diabetes to cardiovascular disease. The extra fiber in whole grain is essential. Whole grain foods tend to be richer in vitamin b and e than, refined grains.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello. I have to reduce the weight of my thighs wgmhat can I do to reduce it. Is there any exercise.
Shall I take bananas on regular basis for health. Is there any side effects because these days bananas are grown with chemical & carbides Shall I eat or avoid bananas.
I am 52 y old ,adiabatic since 5 yrs. Fasting 221 and 275 pp, hba1-9.2 ,take med diapride M2, and metformin, daily thrice time (mor noon, eve),take light meal after two hours, walk daily 4 to 5 km. Have pain in whole body, bone and feel weakness as losing weight of 10 kg (in 5 years) now 52 kg. Changed many medicine after doctors advised but no positive result. I take fruits like apple ,papaya, daily. Have 3 chapati, dal veg. Curd daily (trice) pl suggest whether I change med.
An indian kitchen is full of health benefits. Indian cooking is such that almost every ingredient has some benefit or another.
Few herbs and their benefits are:
1. Garlic is a cure: raw garlic has immense health properties. It has cancer prevention and cure properties, boosts the immune system, cures infections & allergic reactions, cures colds, fevers & flu apart from having anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. What one needs to do it eat half to one clove of garlic every single day. This will maintain immunity and prevention of internal infections. Ear infections can be treated with garlic and oil. This oil can be made by adding 5-6 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil, keeping it aside for three to four days. After that, strain the oil and keep in a tight bottle.
2. Ginger, peppermint and fennel for stomach - these everyday food items aid digestion, digestive cramps and relieve gas. They also help heartburn and stop nausea & vomiting. These herbs are ideal for your digestion, making life easy. All three can be consumed in the form of tea.
3. Cinnamon for weight loss - has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is also good for weight loss. It has been proven that it kills bacteria and viruses up to almost 100%. It is advised to include it in tea or have a pinch of cinnamon powder with your early morning lemon-honey water.
4. Aloe vera completely heals - aloe vera has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It is also known to heal burns and wounds, soothes stomach and helps multiple skin ailments.
5. Oregano fights diseases - oregano is a powerful antibiotic and happens to be more effective in neutralizing germs in comparison to chemical antibiotics.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.