Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Pinky Paul
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Pinky PaulYour feedback matters!
- Learning disability is a condition in which a child is unable to carry out studies in one or more areas.
- It will be a disability in either writing, reading, arithmatics. It can be in specific area or in all these areas.
- These children are competent as anybody else otherwise.
- They are as intelligent also like any other child.
- Remedial teaching to the particular area and encouragement to all other faculties and interests of the child.
I am an IT professional. I am not able to sleep for some days because of the work pressure from the company. I am feeling weak too. Kindly suggest me some remedies.
Food poisoning is more common than you think–even in healthy food. Depending on what you eat on a daily basis, there could be some kind of food danger that you may not be aware of.
Dairy products made with raw milk, including yogurt and soft cheeses like Brie, feta, and Mexican queso, can harbor listeria. Because listeria can live at colder temperatures, simply refrigerating these foods won’t kill the bacteria. People at highest risk of getting sick include the elderly, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems.
What To Do: Check the label. Make sure it’s clearly marked “pasteurized.”
Sometimes listeria finds its way into a food processing factory, where it can live for years. Heat kills listeria, but contamination may happen after cooking, but before packaging — for example, if a food is placed back on a counter that had raw meat on it.
What To Do: Never keep pre-cooked or ready-to-eat foods past their use-by date. Heat hot dogs and lunch meats until steaming (165 F) before eating.
Poultry and Eggs
Salmonella bacteria can taint any food, although there’s a greater risk from animal products because of contact with animal feces. In chickens, it can infect eggs before the shell forms, so even clean, fresh eggs may harbor salmonella. Symptoms include stomach cramps, fever, and diarrhea 12 to 72 hours after exposure. Illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days.
What To Do:
Never eat raw or lightly cooked eggs. Cook poultry to 165 F. Keep raw poultry separate from cooked poultry and other foods. Wash hands, cutting boards, utensils, and countertops after handling.
Chips, crackers, soup, peanut butter, even frozen meals may pose a slight risk for salmonella infection. One salmonella outbreak was linked to peanut butter and packaged foods made with peanuts, including granola bars and cookies. In cases like these, salmonella bacteria at a processing plant can contaminate many products, which must then be recalled.
What To Do: Never use a product that has been recalled — immediately return it to the store or throw it away. Heating foods thoroughly to 165 F can kill salmonella bacteria.
Pasteurization uses heat to kill bacteria. Since most juices you’ll find at the grocery store have been pasteurized, they pose no risk. However, unpasteurized juices and ciders sold at farms, stands, or in health food stores, can harbor E. coli. The bacteria can also get into raw milk as a result of unclean milking equipment, or manure-soiled or infected udders.
What To Do: Buy only products that have been pasteurized. If you’re not sure, boil before drinking.
E. coli lives in the intestines of cattle and can contaminate beef during the slaughtering process. Ground beef is especially risky, because the bacteria can spread when meat is ground up. Symptoms of E. coli infection include severe abdominal cramps, watery diarrhea, and vomiting. The illness typically develops several days after exposure and can be severe in vulnerable people. It lasts about a week.
Safety: Cook meat thoroughly (160 F, no pink in the center). Do not put a cooked burger back on a plate that held raw meat. Wash utensils, including the meat thermometer, with warm, soapy water
Botulism is a rare, possibly fatal illness linked to improperly canned or preserved foods. Home-canned foods are especially at risk, as well as honey, cured meats, and fermented, smoked, or salted fish. Babies have the highest risk of getting sick. Symptoms include cramps, vomiting, breathing problems, difficulty swallowing, double vision, and weakness or paralysis. If you suspect botulism poisoning,
Safety: Never give honey to children under 12 months. Throw away bulging cans, leaking jars, or foul-smelling preserved foods — or if liquid spurts out upon opening. Sterilize home-canned foods by cooking at 250 F for 30 minutes.
Hello. Actually main jab bhi koi books read karne lagta hoon to mujhe neend aane lag jaati hai. Ic ka kya reason ho sakta hai or isko kaise control kiya jaye.
I am student so I am always doing study so am only focus on my study so that my health is good but I have little obesity problem can you sugest what I do.
I am 16 years old. Am a busy girl. Am always busy in my studies therefore I can not do exercises. So getting fat day by day. Call you please tell me the acupuncture points for getting slim?
Liposuction can be defined as a cosmetic procedure (shape altering technique) that helps you to get of excess rid of fat from the body. This procedure is opted for usually when all efforts of exercising and dieting have gone futile.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Laser liposuction is a method that is employed to shed off fat from various parts of the body such as face, buttocks, thighs, belly and hips through a very small (3 mm) surgical incision. A laser fiber of less than 1 mm is passed thro’ this incision to break up the fat. The laser liquefies the fat and it is then collected in a bottle outside. During the laser liposuction procedure, the skin gets tightened as well with the simultaneous elimination of the fat. This process negates any chance of loss of shape, loose skin or a protruding belly.
In what areas of the body can laser liposuction be used?
1. Arm Sculpting and Reduction: Women are more prone to putting on fat in the upper arm that also causes shoulder and neck pain. Even otherwise, a fatty underarm makes for an unflattering sight, especially because one cannot go sleeveless freely. This is where arm liposuction comes to the rescue.
2. Thighs: Fat deposits in the thighs interfere with the natural lines of the lower body and one may find it utterly embarrassing to plod with the inner thighs rubbing against each other. Ill-fitting pants and jeans further add to your irritation and discomfort.
3. Buttocks: Liposuction helps in removing excess accumulated fat from the waist line and buttocks and renders a good tone to your body, in keeping with your body frame.
4. Breast Liposuction: Breast liposuction contributes to a well-shaped contour by taking care of the fat that bulges out. Breast reduction and breast lift is ofeten done together.
5. Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty or ‘tummy tuck’ surgery helps to do away with the extra skin or fat from the lower abdominal area and works to tighten up the loose muscles especially after a pregnancy and excessive weight loss.
What are the Advantages of Laser Liposuction?
1. A quick solution to a long-term ‘fat’ problem.
2. A day procedure, which means that there is no hospitalization or downtime.
3. Assured results that are permanent and superior in nature compared to invasive surgical techniques.
4. Even PATIENTS WHO ARE UNFIT FOR GENERAL ANAESTHESIA can undergo laser liposuction (e.g., senior citizens).
5. Diabetic patients can also undergo laser liposuction as the procedure lowers blood sugar levels.
6. The final appearance is highly aesthetic considering that there are no uneven blobs of fat.
7. Zero trauma to tissues.
8. No blood transfusion is necessary.
9. Only a 3 mm incision is used and it is not even visible.
10. Skin tightens by itself simultaneously as the procedure is being carried out. Hence no sagging or loose skin and the belly button is not displaced, thereby giving an adverse appearance as with normal surgery.
11. No sutures, no ugly scars!
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.