Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Aakash Hospital - Malviya NagarYour feedback matters!
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants to lose weight. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get rid of the fat accumulated in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people.
With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods. Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss
and body contouring.
How it works: The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break but attract more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is
drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers. The sound energy gets converted into mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
3. Improves body contour
4. Reduces body circumference
5. Muscle toning and firming
6. Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients,
and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible to reduce weight and fight obesity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Colorectal surgery is performed to repair damages that occur in the organs of the anus, rectum, and colon. The damage that takes place in these organs can be the result of problems with lower GI like diverticulitis (a condition wherein pouches known as diverticula in the colon wall become inflamed), cancer and inflammatory bowel disease (a group of intestinal disorders that bring about inflammation of the GI).
Who needs this surgery?
In general, colorectal surgery is an essential treatment option for ulcerative colitis, colorectal cancer, Crohn's disease (an inflammatory bowel disease that gives rise to inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) as well as certain diverticulitis cases. In such cases, the intestinal tract undergoes major reconstruction.
There are also other bowel problems that may require surgery but not of a serious nature and these are anal fissures, hemorrhoids, bowel incontinence and rectal prolapse. Most of the surgical procedures will aid in repairing tears, get rid of blockages, or make tighter sphincter muscles (muscles that surround openings in the body).
Colorectal surgery is also performed in cases of pelvic floor disorders like rectocele (a condition in which the rectum bulges towards the vagina) and perineal hernia (a hernia that involves the pelvic floor).
At the same time, injury, ischemia or compromised blood supply and obstruction may require the performance of bowel surgery as well. Scar tissue and masses can form within the rectum, clogging the organ and preventing the normal discharge of feces from the body.
Problems like ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disease that leads to the development of ulcers in the colon as well as inflammation of the area) and diverticulitis can give rise to perforations in the rectum. Surgery is suggested in instances when drugs fail to treat the problem of ulcerative colitis.
Likewise, in the case of recurrent instances of perforations or complications in diverticulitis, surgery may be required to remove the portion of the colon affected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity.
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30 ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
- Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one-day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines, or cordials. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
When a powerful stench wafts from a man's crotch, it can be a major source of embarrassment. As bad as penis odor may be when the penis is safely behind a pair of trousers, imagine how much worse it will be when the penis freed from its confinement. Does that sound like the kind of situation that will inspire a partner to invite the penis over for entertainment? Practicing appropriate penis care is essential for combatting penis odor, but it also pays to know the cause. One of the causes may not be so obvious: trichomycosis pubis, a condition which primarily affects the hair shafts of the penis and scrotum.
What it is?
Trichomycosis is a condition that more frequently develops in the armpits, but it can also make a home in the penile area, hence the designation of "pubis" in the name. It's a mouthful of a name, but what exactly is it?
"Tricho" is a term referring to hair; "mycosis" tends to refer to a fungal infection. Thus it would seem that trichomycosis would be a fungal infection of the hair. But the name is deceiving. Trichomycosis does indeed affect the hair, but it is a bacterial infection, not a fungal infection.
In trichomycosis pubis, an issue develops in the pubic hair of the penis and/or scrotum. Hair shafts leading to sweat glands become covered with sticky nodules, typically of a yellow, black or red hue. This creamy secretion clings to the hair, forming small clumps.
What it does?
The nodules are bacterial-based, derived from bacteria in the sweat which pours out, travels along the hair shaft and congregates there. Not all bacteria cause the condition, only specific members of the cornebacterium family.
When these guys get together and create the clumps, they also often bring with them an intense urge to scratch. They can cause some redness to appear on the skin near the base of the hair follicles, creating a rash-like condition.
In many instances, trichomycosis pubis is accompanied by an overwhelming stench. This is due to both the nature of the bacteria involved, the over-accumulation of these bacteria in a small area and the heat-and-sweat conditions that are typically associated with the groin. In a man already inclined to penis odor, this can create a truly overpowering smell.
Men who sweat more are increasingly likely to become targets of trichomycosis pubis. It is also not unusual for a man with the condition in the crotch to also develop it in the armpits (or vice versa).
Typically, doctors recommend shaving the infected area as the first step in treating the problem. Antibiotic creams are then applied for a given period of time.
Most cases do go away relatively quickly with treatment; however, many men have frequent recurrences, especially if they do not take steps to ensure proper hygiene in the groin. Those who suffer from frequent recurrences might want to 'manscape' on a regular basis or keep the area shaved altogether.
Fighting penis odor, especially when trichomycosis pubis is involved, requires keeping the health of the penis at the forefront of the fight. This is best accomplished by regular use of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). For optimal results, selecting a crème that includes vitamins A and D is strongly advised. Because of the role of bacteria in creating penis odor, an effective antibacterial ingredient is needed, and vitamin A fits that bill. Vitamin D is also welcome. Vitamin D has demonstrated proven benefits in fighting diseases and supporting healthy cellular function. With the best crème, proper penis health is far easier to come by.
Toe Walking: What You Need to Know
Some children walk on their toes rather than their feet. This looks similar to standing on your “tiptoes.”
- Toe walking is common among infants first learning to walk.
- A majority of children will stop toe walking on their own without intervention.
- Physical therapy, bracing and casting are used to treat toe walking, with surgical procedures available if these methods are unsuccessful.
What is toe walking?
Toe walking is when a child walks on the toes or ball of the foot without the heel or other parts of the foot coming in contact with the floor. Sometimes there is an underlying condition that can cause a child to walk on the toes, but other times there is not.
What are the symptoms of toe walking?
Children who persistently toe walk may develop tightness in their ankles and benefit from treatments that stretch the calf muscle.
Toe Walking Diagnosis
A physical exam is usually all that is needed to diagnose toe walking, but during the exam, the provider will also assess the child’s gait, range of motion and muscle tone.
Children should also be assessed for any neurologic abnormalities that could be contributing to the toe walking. Sometimes a child can be found to have a muscle tone imbalance or neurological finding that prompts further evaluation for an underlying cause of the toe walking. But if there are no abnormal findings, the child likely has idiopathic toe walking, meaning there is no found reason for the toe walking other than that he or she has a preference to do so.
Toe Walking Treatment
1. Physical Therapy
Several sessions to work on stretching the tight muscles may be beneficial to decrease the amount of toe walking. Children will also benefit from completing stretching exercises at home.
Some children may benefit from an ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) to help encourage a flat foot with walking. The AFO is a custom brace used during the daytime to help stretch and encourage a flat foot position. If worn at night, the AFO can help stretch the tight muscles while a child is sleeping.
3. Serial Casting
Short leg casts can be applied for one- to two-week intervals to progressively work on stretching the tight muscles and improving the position of the foot and ankle. Children are able to walk in these casts. The addition of Botox injections to help stretch the tight muscles in casts may be more effective in some children.
4. Achilles Tendon or Gastrocnemius Lengthening
When physical therapy and serial casting are ineffective in correcting the tight ankle, a surgery may be necessary to achieve a flat foot position with walking. A lengthening is a surgical procedure in which the tight Achilles tendon or gastrocnemius muscle is lengthened to allow greater range of motion and function of the foot and ankle. The lengthening also allows children to better tolerate AFOs and achieve a flat foot position with walking.
General guidelines for peanut allergy
The key to an allergy-free diet is to avoid all foods or products containing the food to which you are allergic. If you are allergic to peanuts, you will need to avoid peanuts and foods that contain peanuts. It is necessary to read all food labels.
How to read a label for a peanut-free diet:
In addition to peanuts, avoid foods that contain any of the following ingredients:
Artificial nuts (Nu-Nuts)
Foods that may contain peanuts
These foods may also contain peanuts:
African, Chinese, Mexican, Thai, and other ethnic dishes
Chili, spaghetti sauce
Flavoring (natural and artificial)
Hydrolyzed plant protein
Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
Ice creams, frozen yogurts, Tofutti
Other sources of peanuts
These food sources may also contain peanuts:
Studies show that most people with allergies can safely eat foods containing peanut oil—except peanut oil that is cold-pressed, expressed, or expelled.
Ethnic foods, commercially prepared baked goods, and candy can be cross-contaminated with peanuts since peanuts are often used in these types of foods.
Peanut butter and/or peanut flour have been used in homemade chili and spaghetti sauce as thickeners.
Hydrolyzed plant and vegetable protein may be from peanuts in imported foods.
One of the side-effects of monsoon, besides waterlogging, is the health hazard the rain brings with it - cases of vector-borne, fungal, allergies and parasitic infections. The worse hits are the children, who are susceptible to viral and skin infections after getting wet.
We should avoid getting drenched and should always carry an umbrella. Even when we are drenched, we must immediately follow preventive measures because if left untreated, it can leave permanent scars on the skin. In case of a skin infection, use an anti-fungal powder to avoid any further infection. Always keep your skin dry. Don't wear wet clothes. Also, wet shoes should be changed instantly. These small precautions go a long way in having a healthy and infection-free skin.
अश्लील फिल्म देखने के हैं बहुत सारे नुकसान जो आप नहीं जानते!
ऐसे बहुत सारे लोग हैं जो अंतरंग संबंधों का आनंद पोर्न देखने के बाद लेते हैं हालांकि सरकार ने 850 से अधिक पोर्न साइट बैन करने की बात कही है। सोशल मीडिया में पोर्न साइट बंद करने की बात वायरल हो रही हैं हालांकि इस बारे में लोगों की अपनी-अपनी राय है। वैसे अब तो पोर्न देखना आम सी बात हो गई है लेकिन आज भी लोगों के मन में यह सवाल उठता है कि पोर्न देखना बुरा हैं या अच्छा। शायद लोगों को इस बात की जानकारी नहीं कि बहुत ज्यादा पोर्न देखने से आपकी सेक्स लाइफ और सेहत दोनों प्रभावित हो सकती हैं।
कई रिसर्च कहती हैं कि पोर्न देखने के फायदे हैं तो कई रिसर्च इसके बुरे प्रभावों के बारे में बताती हैं। साथ ही एक सवाल और भी उठता है कि क्या पोर्न देखने से सेक्स क्षमता कम होती है। कई लोगों के लिए तो यह एक हानिरहित व्याकुलता है।
वैसे आज हम आपको पोर्न देखने से लाइफ पर होने वाले बुरे असर के बारे में बताएंगेः
1. दिमाग का सिकुड़ना
एक रिसर्च के अनुसार, जो मर्द बहुत ज्यादा पोर्नोग्राफी देखते हैं उनका दिमाग सिकुड़ जाता है और उनकी सैक्सुयल संवेदनाएं भी कम हो जाती है। रिसर्च में तो यह भी दिखाया गया है कि रोजाना पोर्न देखने से शारीरिक नुकसान भी होता है हालांकि यह बात पूरी तरह से साबित नहीं हो पाई है लेकिन जिन लोगों के दिमाग का स्ट्रेटम छोटा होता है उन्हें पोर्न देखने का नुकसान अधिक होता है।
पॉर्न मॉडल्स का कमाल का फिगर और सुंदरता काफी हद तक मेकअप, कॉस्मेटिक सर्जरी और फोटोशॉप वगैरह पर निर्भर रहते हैं। लेकिन पॉर्न देखने वाले भी निजी जिंदगी में वोही पाना और करना चाहते हैं जो वे पोर्न में देखते हैं, जिस कारण उन्हें सेक्स में सैटिस्फेक्शन नहीं होती। वह अपने पार्टनर से खुश नहीं रहते। उनके दिल दिमाग में यह बात आती है कि उनका पार्टनर उतना सुंदर और आकर्षक नहीं है।
3. कामोत्तेजना पर बुरा असर पड़ता है
अगर तो दोनों पार्टनर बैठकर एक साथ पोर्न देखते हैं तो इस मामले में यह सैक्स का आनंद लेने का एक तरीका हो सकता है लेकिन अगर दोनों में एक पोर्न देखने में बिजी है तो यह संबंध एक त्रिकोण का काम करता है। बहुत सारी महिलाओं का मानना है कि कामोत्तेजना के लिए पोर्न फिल्म का सहार लेने से कामोत्तेजना पर असर पड़ता है।
4. ऑक्सीटोसिन 'लव हार्मोन' में कमी
ऑक्सीटोसिन एक शक्तिशाली 'लव हार्मोन' है जो पुरुष और महिलाओं दोनों को बंधन में बांधने में मदद करता है लेकिन पोर्न फिल्मों में जिस तरह से एक्टर सेक्स करने में अपने किरदार को निभाते हैं। उस निकटतम बंधन से ऑक्सीटोसिन कही खो जाता है।
5. ठीक से नहीं करते फोरप्ले
चुंबन सेक्स का एक अहम हिस्सा है, जिसमें जोड़े काफी मजा लेते हैं। यह बहुत ही अच्छा और करीबी अहसास होता है लेकिन देखा गया है कि पोर्न की लत वाले लोग किस और फोरप्ले ठीक से नहीं कर पाते हैं।
6. संबंधों में जल्दबाजी
पोर्न उत्तेजित व्यक्ति के लिए किस एक बहुत ही धीमी गति से और बहुत अंतरंग होता है इसलिए वह इनसे जुड़ने की बजाए अपना ध्यान अलग-अलग तरह की यौन स्थितियों को जल्दी-जल्दी करने के लिए केंद्रित करता है। इस व्यवहार से आप में अपने साथी के प्रति अलगाव की भावना पैदा कर सकता है।
7. दिमाग के विकास पर प्रभाव
न्यूरोसाइंटिस्ट की मानें तो बहुत ज्यादा पोर्न देखने से दिमाग के विकास पर प्रभाव पड़ता है और इससे मनोविकार भी हो सकता है। अगर आप ऐसे व्यक्ति के साथ रिश्ते में हो तो आपको अंतरंगता के लिए नुकसान का सामना करना पड़ सकता है।
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Irregularity with menstrual periods. Commonly, women with PCOD experience less than 9 periods during a year. Some women may have no periods at all, while others experience heavy, abnormal bleeding.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
You should eat heart healthy food which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains and beans. Avoid foods which contain saturated fats and these include fried food, meat and cheese.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
Quit smoking as smoking increases the levels of androgen in your body.
Birth control pills are also prescribed for reducing your symptoms, and fertility medicines are prescribed in case of infertility issues because of PCOD.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.
- The common misconception that people have is that kidney stones happens only in old age. But in reality, it can happen to anyone.
- Lack of fluid intake is by large a major reason for kidney stones. Adequate care taken to maintain the desired level of water intake can help prevent the formation of stones.
- Our state-of-the-art urology unit offers minimally invasive, scarless options for urologic procedures and medical management of kidney disease.
Sensory processing disorder is an unfortunate neurological condition that affects many people around the world, but there are many home remedies for this disorder that can help ease the symptoms, including cognitive practice, salt therapy, homeopathy, skullcap, increasing melatonin levels, and dietary alterations.
Sensory processing disorder:
Many people confuse sensory processing disorder with other forms of autism spectrum disorder, but in fact, the two are very different. Sensory processing disorder is characterized by the inability to properly interpret and experience sensory information from one’s environment. This issue can often go undiagnosed, and the child is instead considered overly picky, easily agitated, distracted, hard to please or simply “difficult”. The problem, of course, is that this neurological disorder can severely impact learning and behavior, a problem that can last well into their older ages. This can manifest as being overly sensitive to various textures, movement, tactile skills, and movement, or it can affect balance, eating and normal play activities. It is believed that this disorder is caused by genetic and neurological factors, many of which are still being researched.￼
Sensory process disorder comes in three main types – sensory modulation disorder, sensory-based motor disorders and sensory discrimination disorders. The first is defined by the inability of the brain to interpret the duration, frequency or intensity of a sensory input, making children feel anxious and unwilling to engage or experience new sensations or activities. Essentially, these children are either over-responsive or under-responsive to certain stimuli, making it difficult for them to interact or function normally while performing basic daily tasks. The second form of sensory processing disorder manifests as difficulty with posture and motor skills, as a result of sensory input being disorganized or mistranslated by the brain. The final variety happens when sensory information is not processed. This final variety is often evidenced by poor performance in school or a lack of attention when being spoken to.
All of these disorders are often overlooked and ignored as a legitimate neurological issue, but poor sensory information processing can have serious side effects. A number of formal behavioral and cognitive therapies have been suggested and implemented in cases around the world, but there are also home remedies that can improve the symptoms of sensory processing disorder.
7 surprising home remedies for sensory processing disorder
1. Homeopathy: Certain homeopathic remedies for sensory processing disorder have been praised over the years, including belladonna and stramonium. As with most homeopathic remedies, it is important to speak directly to a trained practitioner, particularly with such powerful substances that are meant to sedate and alter neurological function. That being said, anecdotal evidence has shown behavioral and cognitive improvements in children following the use of certain homeopathic remedies.
2. Cognitive practice: neurological disorders may be difficult to diagnose at times, but if your child has been diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, then it is important that you engage in daily practice sessions to improve cognitive function and form neural pathways that allow your child to better operate in the world. From the creation of visual cues and practice materials to real-world applications of social interactions and game-play, it is possible to see positive results if you are consistent in supporting and encouraging new forms of behavior and understanding of their condition.
3. Salt therapy: there is a great deal of natural evidence that salt baths can be highly effective for certain hyperactive conditions and other neurological disorders. Epsom baths are inexpensive and have been trusted around the world for hundreds of years. You can also apply epsom salt topically to the skin, in the form of creams, or through simple foot baths as well. It is believed to impact sensory processing disorder by calming the nerves, promoting restful sleep, and lowering anxiety levels, all of which can be experienced by children suffering from this condition.
4. Dietary alterations: certain foods can negatively affect neurological function and processes, which is why paying attention to one’s diet when suffering from sensory processing disorder can be important. Some people have found that removing all grains from the diet is helpful, particularly in terms of gastrointestinal issues. This is also known as the paleo diet, but before administering it to your child, speak with a doctor to see if that could be a potential option.
5. Skullcap: one of the most popular herbs for the treatment of sensory processing disorder is skullcap, which possesses strong nervine properties that can boost cognitive function and improve the connections of the brain. This can prevent the onset of neurological disorders, making it particularly useful in the treatment of sensory-based motor disorders.
6. Ginseng: ginseng is the ancient chinese remedy that seems to make the list of every natural remedy, and with good reason. Ginseng can positively boost cognition, increase concentration levels, and stimulate the proper function of neurotransmitters. All of these side effects of ginseng can make it a valuable asset as a home remedy for sensory processing disorder.
7. Melatonin boost: Some research has linked low levels of melatonin with sensory processing disorder, meaning that the body doesn’t make enough. While this connection is still being explored, plenty of anecdotal evidence argues that melatonin deficiency leads to the sleeplessness, mental exhaustion and physical fatigue that accompanies spd. For young children, not getting enough sleep can have serious impacts on cognitive ability and neurological function. In other words, add some melatonin-rich foods like pineapples, bananas, oranges, sweetcorn or tomatoes to your child’s diet to prevent or manage spd.