Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mehak BawejaYour feedback matters!
- Firstly check sleeping and waking time most important thing.
- Follow: sleep at 11pm and wake up at 5am. Atleast 6hrs sleep you have to take.
- Secondly maintained your lifestyle avoid sitting or standing for a long time.
- Follow: frequently change your posture.
- Thirdly in this fast life are you giving time for your mind relax?
- Follow: walk for 30 minutes or do simple exercise daily in morning.
- Fourthly how much water you are taking and in what manner?
- Follow: drink 12 to 14 2 glasses of water in 24hrs and drink first after waking in morning atleast 2 glasses and before and after 40 minutes every meal.
- Fifthly how you are eating and what you are eating important thing?
- Follow: take balanced diet eat more fruits and vegetables raw frequently.
- Take 3 times meal properly.
- Drink a glass of skimmed milk and warm for diabetics without sugar daily in morning. 4 dates in morning.
- Eat walnuts and almonds.
- Follow positively
- This will keep you fit.
Sir my father is suffering from diabetic. I want to cure him immediately. What is the diet control food for this disease?
My mother, age 49 is suffering from Systemic lupus erythromatosis for past 13 tears or so. Atleast our doctor has diagnosed that. She is better now for most of the time. But she is weak most of the time. Her bone strength seems to decrease. She also easily get angry. Have mood swings and I think she also suffers from anxiety. Is it the side effects of the disease or just because of medicines. Also can anybody suggest a diagnosis so that I can check if she really suffering from SLE. For just cross checking.
I am 22 years old. I am having weight problem. I do not know why I am not gaining my weight. Now my weight is 42 kg. Please advise.
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.