Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mehak BawejaYour feedback matters!
I heard that premature babies develop their milestone late as other normal babies. My daughter is preterm 32 week. Would everything be normal.Please tell.
Hi my name is akki. I'm very concerned about my fitness. I have to ask that my thighs, hips and calf are very bigger than normal. My upper part is ok but my lower body is bigger. I have done a lot of exercises for removing fat from that particular area like jogging skipping rope etc for 2 months but all in vane, these exercises reduced small amount of fat, when I see I worked a lot but not gaining any considerable result I stopped exercises now my lower portion looks as it was before exercises. And when I stopped these exercises my body weight also increased and my lower body getting more fat and also my body weight increased very very fast like last 30 days I am not working out during this period my weight increased from 71 Kg to 79 Kg I wanna to know why am I getting weight in lower body always rather than upper portion? Is it any medical issue? Am I suffering any disease?
My Wife is facing back pain . Could not walk or stand for long time. She delivered baby one year back , and its cesarian. Is this critical and no need to worry ?
My daughter is 15 1/2 months old. She is of just below 10 kg. She is almost feeding only cow milk1 1/2 ltrs. However force fully she also eats 1/2 chapati and some amount of rice, but no vegetables. She likes only milk when hungry. What to do to improve her weight.
"Wow Garcinia cambogia is good for weight loss can you anyone please help me out I have to loss weight as soon as possible.
I wanna lose weight by going to the gym Currently my weight is 97 KGS. Should I do cardio workout or Wt training as well in the gym?
I'm male 25 year old my issue is height 5 ft and weight 44 kg how can improve both of above and can height increase now at this stage. Plzz answer me sir.
I am 24th years old now I have 100 kg weight how to I reduced it's like worst I tried many products plzz suggest me solved out I am waiting your precious rply.
Weight can be lost by losing muscle mass also, which is so very difficult to gain back without much exercise and adequate protein diet.
muscle mass is like stones and fat is like cotton. so when you lose muscle, you would see an appreciable dip on the weighing scale.
wherein when you lose fat, you don't see much reduction on the weighing scale, but will see an appreciable reduction in inch measurements
It is up to you to decide whether you want to lose fat or lose muscle mass (wherein you would have to keep going back to the doctor, again again with weak bones and the consequent results)
so, do not follow crash diets which will result in speedy weight loss.
always follow advice of your competently qualified Registered Dietician to modify lifestyle to achieve and maintain consistent results...
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have somewhat dark skin tone. But compared to my skin colour lips are too dark which is easily noticeable by people. It was not this much dark in some years before. But when I grew older it became darker. How can I solve this problem. Want to know if it is due to any vitamin deficiency? And kindly prescribe any medicine which I can get on any medical stores.
Dear sir/madam I want to loose my body weight below 55 and wanna look fit, my waist and shoulders are the most heavy part of my body please suggest me to what I should I do?
1) EPSOM salt---
Warm water bath of epsom salt, which is rich in magnesium, is a good pain reliever. This is very helpful for arthritis patients and also relieves leg pain.
Good balance of work and rest is very necessary. Take enough rest as it relieves leg pain.
2) rubbing lobelia paste also provides relief in leg pain. This is one of the best home remedies for leg pains.
3) vinegar is also great for relieving leg pain, controlling weight, chest burns, injuries of joints, and bad breath.
A cloth pad thoroughly wet in vinegar solution when applied firmly to joints, foot or other part of leg relieves leg pain and discomfort.
4) eating hard shell nuts also relief leg pain.
5) gently massage you leg using hot pads as it provide physical relief to leg pain.
Massaging with oils like mustard oil, coconut oil gives fast relief from severe leg pain.
Regular warm oil massage in downward direction relieves leg pains. Stretch your leg gently and massage the strained muscles using warm oil, it gives relief from pain in joints, knees, leg palm, calf muscles, and hips.
6) you can also take one tablespoon methi, which is a very effective vegetable and helps in curing various diseases. Dry methi leaves under sun for 4-5 days. Mix it in a glass of water. Take this mixture in early morning.
7) warm water bath relaxes overall body and mind, so whenever you feel tiredness and pain in leg, go for warm water bath, this will unstrain the tired muscles.
Avoid taking alcohol, excess sugar, smoking, and chewing tobacco.