Doctor in Dr. Mehak Baweja at New Rajinder Nagar
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mehak Baweja at New Rajinder NagarYour feedback matters!
What is an Endocrine Surgery?
It is a surgery of one or more endocrine glands. Endocrine glands are glands which secrete hormones and control function of almost all the cells in the body. It is a surgical subspecialty. It includes surgery of endocrine glands, such as the thyroid gland, the parathyroid gland, the adrenal gland, glands of the endocrine pancreas, and some neuroendocrine glands.
Which are the Clinical Conditions that require Endocrinal Surgeries?
The conditions which require endocrinal surgery are as follows:
- Thyroid disorders: Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), thyroid nodules, goiter, thyroid cancer, and thyroid cyst
- Parathyroid disorders: Primary hyperparathyroidism
- Adrenal gland disorders: Conn syndrome, pheochromocytoma, adrenocortical cancer, or Cushing's syndrome
- Diseases of pancreas: Insulinomas, gastrinomas, or type 1 diabetes
- Diseases of the pineal gland
- Disorders of the pituitary gland
Which surgeries are included in it?
Surgeries can be minimally invasive, such as laparoscopic surgeries or open surgeries. It includes following surgeries:
- Surgical removal of the thyroid gland (thyroidectomy) either as a part of the gland (lobectomy or hemithyroidectomy) or the whole gland (total thyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the parathyroid gland (parathyroidectomy)
- Surgical removal of the adrenal gland (either laparoscopic removal or open surgery)
- Adrenalectomy (i.e., surgical removal of the adrenal gland)
- Pancreatic surgery (simple tumor enucleation to larger resections)
- Surgical removal of the pineal gland (pinealectomy)
- Surgical removal of the pituitary gland (hypophysectomy or transsphenoidal surgery)
What Care needs to be Taken Preoperatively?
Following tests need to be done prior to the surgeries:
- Complete blood count
- Kidney profile
- Serum electrolytes
- Blood group
- Blood sugar
- ECG (for the patients who are 40 years and older)
- Chest X-ray (for the patients who are 60 years and older)All the tests need to be done 24 hours before the surgery.
After completing the tests, the doctor will evaluate the reports and will advise undergoing surgery accordingly.
Which medication needs to be adjusted?
Medications which need to be adjusted before the surgery are as follows:
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, and vitamin E should be stopped one week prior to surgery unless otherwise directed by the doctor.
- Dosages of coumadin, steroids, and/or insulin need to be adjusted or substituted by another medication before surgery.
What are the complications of surgery?
Following are the most common complications:
- Infection due improper aseptic precautions
- Bleeding from the surgical wound
- Change in a patient’s voice and swallowing difficulty
- Low thyroid function
- Hypoparathyroidism (low blood levels of calcium caused by the removal of the parathyroid)
- Formation of seroma (swelling caused by a collection of fluid beneath the incision site)
Cholesterol is a fatty, waxy substance which is found naturally in the blood and is produced by the liver. It is essential for the formation of cell membranes and is an important component of Vitamin D and steroid hormones. But if you are eating food that is rich in fat then you are ingesting cholesterol in an amount that is more than what your body needs.
Though cholesterol is important for the normal functioning of the body, it needs to be kept within a normal range.
What are the risk factors associated with Cholesterol?
High levels of cholesterol can increase the risks of cardiovascular diseases and result in a stroke or heart attack. A blood test is the only method that can be used to diagnose high cholesterol but a genetic pre-disposition towards high cholesterol can increase the risks as well. Also, a person’s age, blood sugar levels, whether or not he/she smokes, are also contributing factors. High level of cholesterol does not typically have any symptom that can be identified by an individual, it usually results in a medical emergency that leads to its detection.
How Homeopathy can help cure cholesterol?
Homeopathy can help reduce the levels of cholesterol by treating the underlying condition. By treating the liver, it stops the excess production of cholesterol and reduces the risks of any severe medical condition.
Homeopathy helps attain and maintain normal levels of cholesterol and thereby helps detoxify and enhance the immune system. It also helps regulate cardiovascular functions and helps maintain a healthy circulatory system.
What are the benefits of Homeopathic treatments for Cholesterol?
Homeopathic treatments offer a permanent solution to the problem of elevated cholesterol levels. But there are also other benefits that homeopathy offers-
Long lasting Effects-
Though conventional options of treatment might provide you with immediate results, homeopathy offers long lasting results. Homeopathic treatments tackle the condition at its roots thereby providing permanent results. It also prevents the reoccurrence of the condition. Homeopathic treatments are also tailored to the patient’s needs by taking into consideration factors such as age, medical history, pre-existing allergies.
No side effects-
Homeopathy uses components which are natural and as such have next to no side-effects. They can be administered to patients across all age-groups. They contain low doses of medication and can be safely used by elderly patients and pregnant women.
Extremely effective for long lasting and chronic conditions, homeopathy helps treat diseases and conditions promptly from its roots.
Other Heart Problems and its Homeopathic Medication
Although heart ailments are usually common in people over 45 years, many young adults these days are susceptible to such conditions owing to poor dietary plans and sedentary lifestyles. According to experts, over 70% of the Indian population die from heart disorders.
The most common types of heart ailment prevalent in Indians are listed below-
- Heart attack- the most common, predominant cause of death associated with cardiovascular diseases. This occurs when the supply of blood to your heart is completely stopped. This happens abruptly, without any probable signs. Hence, it is also called the ‘silent killer’. Certain risk factors like smoking and diabetes escalate the chances of having a heart attack.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) - also known as ischemic heart disease, this type of cardiovascular disease is caused due to accumulation of plaque in the arteries of your heart. As a result of this, the arteries become blocked or constrict and the blood vessels fail to supply blood to your heart. Coronary Artery Disease is primarily responsible for sudden cardiac problems like heart attack. Symptoms may include- chest pain, tightness or heaviness on the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness.
- Cardiomyopathy- refers to the condition where the heart muscles become weak or hardened. This makes it difficult for the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body. Initial symptoms are- fatigue, breathlessness, irregular heartbeat etc. Usually men are diagnosed with this condition due to excess alcohol consumption.
- Arrhythmia- is a condition characterized by irregular, rapid heartbeats. When the electrical signals in your heart muscles are disturbed or interrupted, your heart beats abnormally. Rapid irregular heartbeats are normally triggered by anxiety attacks or stress.
Role of homeopathy in treating various heart problems-
Homeopathy medications have been in use for over several decades. Homeopathy medications help dissipate deposited cholesterol in the blood vessel, thereby reducing signs and risk of a heart attack. Many genetic cardiovascular dispositions like congenital heart defect, angina and its related symptoms like chest pain, dizziness are treated with homeopathic medications such as Arnica Montana and Cactus grandiflorus. Many surgeons recommend administration of Arnica after a surgery because it reduces pain and helps you recover faster.
Cardiovascular surgeries can adversely affect your health. For instance, certain medications or surgery procedures like open heart surgery usually have many side effects and complications associated with it. But homeopathy is a safe mode of treatment as it involves the usage of natural substances to treat various heart health conditions, so there are very few or absolutely no side effects. Self-medication is harmful. Take treatment under guidance of qualified homeopathic physician.