Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Mansi Sharma
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mansi SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello. I wanna gain my weight. According to my height it should be above 65 but I'm just 50. Can I know some tips or things that I should work out.
I am 21years old and my weight is 76kg and height is 5" 4. Pls how can I lose my weight with some simple steps.
Intrauterine insemination or IUI is a form of artificial insemination that involves the sperm being placed inside the uterus of a woman for bringing about fertilization. The aim of this procedure is to enhance the number of sperms that successfully reach the fallopian tubes and fertilize an egg, thereby increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Depending on the cause of your infertility, the procedure can be synchronized with fertility drugs or your ovulation cycle.
When should you go for IUI?
While reduced sperm mobility or a low sperm count may be the reason this procedure is opted for, there are certain conditions that may cause you and your partner to opt for IUI:
- If the cause of your infertility doesn't have any medical explanation
- Problems with ejaculation affecting the release of semen
- Problems associated with cervical mucus can hinder the journey of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the cervix due to past surgical procedures, rendering the sperm unable to enter the uterus
At the same time, the procedure is not recommended for women who suffer from:
- A disease of the fallopian tubes
- Past episodes of pelvic infections
- Mild to severe endometriosis (a condition wherein the womb's lining grows outside it)
What happens after IUI?
The procedure takes up only a few minutes of your time and causes very little discomfort. Following the procedure, you'll be told to lie on your back for a short period of time, after which you can get back to your normal routine the same day. You can expect instances of light spotting, which will go away after two days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
How to reduce immediate C Reactive Protein in body. Which Medicine or home remedy gives quick result long lasting.
I am having dizziness since last few days. I also took protein syrup and vitamin tablet but nothing much happened. What should I do?
Sir mere height 5 foot 8 inch hai Or weight 72 k.g Age 22. Sir me fit hun ya nahin? Sir me apna sharir ko kese maintain karu?
Garlic has long been known as the health booster extraordinaire. But why? The answer lies in the compounds it packs in. Garlic contains several vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes. It gets its characteristic sulphur smell from the amino acid allicin, and this is responsible for most of its health benefits. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of garlic.
- An excellent anti-oxidant: Research shows conclusively that eating garlic boosts your natural supply of hydrogen sulfide. This gas acts as an antioxidant and helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, thus promoting cardiovascular health. Higher hydrogen sulphide levels also protect the heart, thereby preventing damage to heart muscle.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: Studies have proved that garlic reduces cholesterol levels, especially LDL and triglycerides by almost 9 to 12 percent.
- Rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties: Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can eliminate harmful bacteria while preserving good bacteria. Its allicin content is responsible for its anti-fungal properties.
- Blood thinner: Garlic thins the blood and is an excellent bulwark against heart disease, blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
- Immune booster: Garlic has strong antiviral properties too. It’s very effective against colds. You can reduce the length and frequency of colds by consuming garlic.
- Lowers atherosclerosis risk: As garlic acts as a blood thinner, it prevents blood clots and destroys plaque, which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Lowers blood pressure: Garlic is used as a remedy for hypertension all over the world, especially in China and Japan.
- Lowers risk of cancer: Certain cancers can be prevented by eating raw garlic. These include cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breasts.
Now let’s look at the downsides of garlic consumption.
- A few people may be allergic to garlic. They should never eat garlic raw. And, if they get a skin outbreak, high temperature or headache, they should stop consuming garlic. Eating up to 10 cloves a day is ok, but more than this can have unsavory results like indigestion and garlic-breath.
- Indians are great garlic users, but we make a mistake while cooking with garlic. We cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. But, to maximize the health benefits, you should crush the garlic and use it to cook your curries only after letting it to sit for about 15 minutes. This triggers an enzyme reaction in the crushed garlic cloves that boosts healthy compounds in it.
- Also consume raw garlic first thing in the morning without chewing to reap its awesome health benefits.
- If you are scared of garlic breath, you can consume garlic pills, but the resultant data on these supplements has been mixed. There is no clear indication that the active ingredients in garlic responsible for giving it its health punch, remain active in a pill form too.