Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. ManishYour feedback matters!
I feel dizziness and sometimes weakness and also lost some weight even though my diet is good. Lack of stamina too.
Is It beneficial to take Endura Mass for my wife to gain weight. She's weight is 42 kg and 7 months baby.
Green tea is the most popular remedy which promotes weight loss. According to studies at penn state revealed that a compound named epigallocatechin-3-gallate (egcg) found in green tea helps to slow down the weight gain. The egcg increase the body's ability to use fat and also limits the fat absorption, also green tea is enriched with nutrients such as vitamin c, selenium, carotenoids, chromium, zinc and other minerals. Drinking 4 cups of green tea daily helps to combat obesity.
Lemon juice is another effective remedy for obesity. On the first day, the patient should be given nothing but plenty of water. On the second day, the diet should consist of 3 lemons mixed with an equal amount of water. Subsequently increase lemons to 12 per day and then the number of lemons should be decreased in the same order until 3 lemons are taken in a day. First 2- 3 days patient may feel weak, after that his condition will stabilize.
Cabbage is the finest remedy for obesity. The tartaric acid present in cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates in to fat. This is very helpful in weight reduction, so substitute a meal with cabbage salad is a simplest way to stay slim.
Take two to three ripe tomatos in the early morning as a substitute of your breakfast for a couple of months. This remedy is considered safe for reducing weight. Tomatoes also reduce water retention in our body.
Get portion sizes under control!
Researchers have found that portion sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at restaurants, but in our homes as well. But why have portions gotten so big?
Producing food is cheaper now than it was 20 years ago, with the advent of various technologies and more efficient farming. However, instead of lowering prices, food producers realized that if they increased the portion sizes, even a little, they could increase the cost of the item. We as consumers saw the larger sizes as a better value (which it is, purely from a monetary stand point). So for example, we were getting 50% more product for only 16% more money. Hard to resist, isn’t it?
Over time we, as consumers, have been conditioned to seek out" value sizing" oversized portions begin to look normal to us. And to make the vicious cycle complete, research has shown that whether you really want so much food or not, the more you're served, the more you eat.
So.. What to do?
The first step to control overeating is to recognize how much you are actually consuming. It’s important to understand that portion sizes are different than serving sizes.
Portion size = Amount of food you decide to put on your plate to eat
Serving size = Standards set for foods in the all the food groups
In other words, to get control over your portions, you need to make sure you know exactly how many servings you are consuming at a time. Ideally, your portion size would equal just one serving. But if it doesn’t, you need to account for the calories accordingly.
Start adjusting your portion sizes in your own kitchen: Switch to smaller plates, bowls, and cups.
The key to maintaining a healthy weight is all about portion control. It's not about giving up foods you enjoy, but rather controlling the portions.
I am taking tablets past 5years for high BP n sugar. Tablet name is olserton 4. & glymi m plain. Atpresent my sugar result found 205 after fasting n also cholesterol at top limit.
My name is saquib I have a weight problem I am very heavy I wanna a reduce my weight how I am reduce I wanna a know.
1tsp of amla powder is very good for all type of skin problem and all type of hair problem. Just try it.
Dear Doctor, I am 49, Male, Diabetic but always remains normal, now a days feeling my head and eyes too much warm and hot after having worked on computer for two hours. Kindly provide me some good suggestion and advice. Thanks Zulfiqar.
Coriander leaves are largely used for seasoning and in chutneys across india. Its seeds are also used in making regular indian dishes, giving them a distinct flavour and fragrance. What a lot of us might not know is that it has numerous health benefits.
Some of them are as follows.
1) Coriander assists in increasing milk flow for better breastfeeding.
2) As a culinary spice, it also negates any chance of food poisoning.
3) Essential oils cineole and linoleic acid which are present in coriander enable it to help reduce arthritis and rheumatism.
4) Coriander is also effective on conditions like swelling due to kidney malfunction or anemia.
5) It has antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, disinfectant and detoxifying properties which make it useful in curing skin problems like dryness, fungal infection and eczema.
6) It has certain acids which are said to be very effective in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood, along with reducing the level of bad cholesterol all the while, raising the levels of good cholesterol.
7) Borneol and linalool found in coriander aid reducing diarrheas, digestion and proper functioning of liver. It also fights against salmonella bacteria
8) It is also used to prevent stomach disorders, vomiting and nausea.
9) Consumption of coriander assists in reducing blood pressure in many people suffering from hypertension.
10) Coriander also has antiseptic properties; it heals ulcers of the mouth and wounds.
11) Being high in iron content, coriander is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
12) It protects against urinary tract infection.
13) Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.