Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr.Hans raj Gupta ClinicYour feedback matters!
Dietary patterns have undergone significant changes over the last few decades. These included more fatty foods, refined foods, and processed foods findings their way into people’s diet. These changes have further led to a lot of dietary diseases including hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, constipation and obesity.
With these on the rise, there is also awareness of the need to eat a balanced diet for overall well-being. What is important is that it is not just about what is being eaten. Alternative medicine offers a lot of options through which a person can train his mind and body to eat in a balanced manner and avoid diet-induced diseases. Here how to maintain good health:
Yoga: There are specific asanas in yoga which are directed at the digestive system. While some help you control appetite, there are others which can help improving digestion by stimulating digestive juices, improving absorption, and preventing fat accumulation. The breathing control which is brought through yoga is one of the best ways to improve overall health, as each and every cell is stimulated. In addition, overall, yoga is a very good form of exercise and helps in overall improved levels of activity.
Aromatherapy: There are strong indications that smell can help in curbing hunger. So, when a person is hungry, even the smell of food can lead to satiety. This is another way to control hunger. In addition, a lot of aromas are also aimed at improving overall well-being and maintaining health.
Natural medicine: There are various herbs starting from ginger, garlic, cloves, etc. which are all regular ingredients in the kitchen. These have benefits which are time tested and help in controlling various ailments and promote health overall. These should find their way into the diet, which can help in maintaining good health.
Music therapy: Stress is one of the major inducers of all diseases and affects overall health. Music is believed to be one of the most relaxing things and helps in controlling stress. It, therefore, improves overall health and maintains balance. In addition, specific music targets specific body systems, which a music therapist can prescribe.
Massage: Using herbal oils for massage is another way to manage and control overall health. The herbal oils penetrate deep within the skin and the external pressure applied during massage helps in relaxing the muscles and joints. This again should help in improving blood circulation, controlling overall body pains, improve range of motion, and improve overall health.
- Hypnosis: As the adage goes, it is all in the mind. Most health issues, when deciphered, seem to have a strong psychological issue. This is where hypnosis has assumed great importance in improving overall health in the recent past, as emotional health is an equally important component of overall health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
World Hepatitis Day or WHD takes place every year on 28 July and it is designed to raise awareness about viral hepatitis and to influence real change. WHD, endorsed by the World Health Organization, unites patient organisations, governments, medical professionals, and civil society, as well as the public, to boost prevention measures for fighting viral hepatitis like vaccination.
In the simple terms, hepatitis means injury to your liver due to inflammation. There are five main types of hepatitis and the type that you are suffering from is determined by a laboratory test. All the five main types of hepatitis are caused by viruses. Out of the five, Hepatitis C and B are quite big. Globally, around 250 million people are affected by hepatitis C and 300 million people are estimated to be hepatitis B carriers.
Fact sheet on hepatitis
- Hepatitis A & E is caused by consuming contaminated water.
- Hepatitis B, C and D is transmitted through infected blood to blood contact.
- Hepatitis C is usually spread via direct contact with the blood of an infected person.
- The initial symptoms of hepatitis are the same as those of flu.
- Hepatitis can heal on its own causing no significant liver damage; however, if it progresses, it can cause extensive liver scarring and extensive damage of your liver.
Most liver damage is caused by 3 hepatitis viruses, and these are hepatitis A, B and C.
How do you safeguard yourself against infection from these three dangerous hepatitis viruses?
The most common cause of concer is that a lot of us who are infected with hepatitis, especially hepatitis B don’t know that we are. The biggest bulwark against hepatitis is periodic testing and vaccination. Vaccination is available for most hepatitis viruses including A and B, which tend to be extra virulent.
So, do take care and go for periodic testing. We are reiterating this because if you are infected with hepatitis B and are not treated you can develop serious problems of the liver, including liver cancer. In fact, nearly 1 in 4 people living with hepatitis B develop serious liver problems including liver cancer. Hepatitis B related liver cancer is a leading cause of fatality and getting tested for hepatitis can help you access life-saving treatments that can prevent serious liver damage.
Other ways to prevent hepatitis are
- Wash your hands with soap after using the toilet
- Only consume freshly-cooked food
- Only drink bottled or boiled water
- Only eat fruits that can be peeled. Don’t eat fruit that has been cut and kept
- Avoid eating raw vegetables
- Vaccinate yourself against hepatitis A if you travel a lot.
- Practice safe sex by using condoms
- Only use new syringes for injections
- Do not share toothbrushes, razors, or manicure instruments with others
- Vaccinate yourself against hepatitis B
- Take care while getting tattooed. Only use brand new tattoo needles. Also, ask for new needles during acupuncture treatments.
- Avoid sharing toothbrushes, razors, and manicure equipment
- Cover open wounds if you are infected
- Don’t share needles. Always ask for fresh needles.
- Use only well-sterilized equipment for acupuncture, piercing, and tattooing etc.
- Cut down on alcohol
- Do not share drug needles
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.