Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. MainjaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and I want to ask whether workout in gym would affect my height ? And does muscle soreness is normal after workout?
I have almost lost 17kgs weight. I m now 74kgs but i want to become 60kgs. My weight is stuck at 74kgs from 1 month i do regular gym still its not going down. What food i will have at night? Aftr losing weight i feel hungry n lot of junk cravings. Please help me to carbohydrate at night. Means what food il take at nyt ?
Is gluconorm SR 1g safe for weight loss? If yes, can you please suggest me the dosage? I am 82 kgs and 20 years old male.
Need a daily diet chart for 1400 U Cal diabetic salt restricted diet, high U diet (S.Na /U )Please tell.
I dont know why but some times I feel sick even not having any problem aur such thing. Like I feel weakness but my diet se proper and full of proteins, carbohydrates, fats etc. Advise me something.
I am very thin because my age is 17 years old and why are best food not should be I am not a healthy I am very please answer this question.
If we take healthier diet for all over the week except one day. I. E. In one day if we eat oily or fried food completely. Is it healthier.
My father is of age 85 suffering from high uric acid 9.2 also getting ulcers on complete body with 33 eosinophilia in CBP please provide complete diet and medicine. Thank and regards.
Her weight is 75 kg in the age of 24 years she cannot reduce weight after dieting .she has a minor thoriod she has a eating habit.
How to I lose my belly fat I am 20 year old and my height is 5.5 and my weight is 53 kg. Please reply.
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.