Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Mainja
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. MainjaYour feedback matters!
From the last years I put on the job upto 65 kg which is increased 10 kg in 6 months. How I lose weight?
If you are concerned about your health, it is important for you to keep your kidneys protected from several harmful conditions. There are several types of kidney disorders, which may develop if your kidneys are not well cared for. This may include overload of toxins, acute renal failure, chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Kidney cancer is another fatal threat.
Steps to keep your kidneys healthy
There are several ways you can undertake for keeping your kidneys safe. They include the following:
- Take certain tests for obtaining the panel reading of your BUN or blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. The estimated glomerular filtration rate (EGFR) must be determined as well. The scores obtained from these tests will tell you about the condition of your kidneys at that point of time.
- Lower the amount of phosphorous intake. When the kidney does not function properly, phosphorus accumulation is likely, which causes serious conditions like heart disorders and calcification of the tissues. You should avoid phosphorous-rich food items and abstain from drinking carbonated drinks.
- You must consume several kidney-supportive food items, which may include watermelon, cranberries, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries, apples, garlic, onions and olive oil.
- Obesity is linked with kidney cancer and hence, you must maintain a healthy weight. Carry out regular exercises.
- Several pain relievers such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS may have harmful side effects on the kidney and may lead to kidney cancer. Try to avoid these medicines.
- You can take an Epsom salt bath. This is a common measure for detoxification, and the wastes and toxins get removed, improving the kidney’s health rapidly. Have regular checkups of blood and urine along with ultra-sound to know kidneys are working good.
- You should keep your blood-sugar level and blood pressure under control as they are triggers for kidney failure. You should quit smoking and stop using tobacco in any form as the toxins from nicotine harm the kidneys.
With proper care and management of your kidneys, you will be able to prevent several harmful conditions.One should get Kidney function test and Ultrasound done to check that the kidney is functioning normally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir mere ko diabete hei aur fasting 179 and pm 280 hai aaj kal MEI jab thoda der standing rehta hu to mere back mei belt pass dard hota hei aur dono side left n right back me dard hota hei jab meine kft krwaya to sari reports normal thi aur mera stomach bhi upset rehta hei kbhi kbhi please advise de
I am underweight Inorder to improve my weight in short period of time what is the proper diet please suggest me.
Trust is something which one keep up the faith and kindness of loyalties towards an individual or an objects which is really an abstract, that means which can't be seen or felt physically. But it could be in one to one conscious world which can even gets broken when the trust can't come in action or to one real believe in it's nature which suppose to be, thus this could play an important role in human life in various forms of its period
Trust also plays a good value in all relationship like child to parents husband to wife lovers themselves one to one patient to doctors employee to management teachers to students and vice versas to all.
This is an confidence where it could be well played to the periods of life cycle and its various phases, and if this gets failure by one it looses others genuineness and quality of the contents involved and may be very difficult to soothen the wounded souls. Sometimes time and period also may reverse the effectiveness of the loss of trust and also gaining the trust too.
What diet I should follow to make my thighs stronger and fatty? I'm getting weaker day-to-day. Please suggest me that diet. Which can be easily available. I'm living outside my home. So it is not easy to take proper diet. I just take three time meals a day and not anything else. Please suggest me. 1) three time meals.
I experience irritation in nose and sometimes sneezing in morning due to change in temperature from hot to cold and cold to hot but from 4 5 days I am experiencing irritation after brushing my teeth .what can be the reason and cure.
Recently I was tested with Vitamin D deficiency - Result 19 High Uric Acid level 7.2 Yesterday my BP was 100/60 Feeling Weak, Fatigue, tiredness And Having pain in ankle & HIP joint area Which medicines I should start taking and for how long? Pls Advice.
Patients look up to doctors as their life-savers, they expect them to give the best treatment and to restore their health completely. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the doctors and the entire medical staff to serve patients with complete adherence, so that patients can recover at the earliest and their health problems are treated to the best.
However, doctors are humans and humans can make mistakes. And, a mistake committed by a doctor can have serious implications not only on a patient’s life but on the lives of the people associated with them, therefore, be avoided at all costs. A report by the WHO stated that medical errors are amongst the top ten killers. It is said that 1 in every 10 patients admitted to a hospital experiences an adverse event. Even a slightest mistake by the medical staff can actually jeopardize the life of the patient while a few safety measures can save their life. The WHO has put down certain guidelines for patient safety, which all doctors and medical staff should be careful about.
4 Things that doctors and medical staff must remember.
- Prevent the spread of infections: At any given point of in time, 5.2 million people in India suffer from one or the other infections due to medical errors. Offering single bedrooms are an effective way to limit the transmission of infections from one patient to another. Also, it is important to pay attention the air filtration system and provide multiple hand wash stations. Simple measures can also help reduce blood stream infections associated with a central line. Whenever, a venous catheter needs to be inserted, wash hands, clean the skin thoroughly, remove unnecessary lines and only then perform the insertion.
- Pick Blood Donors Carefully: Many surgical procedures and treatments require blood transfusions. If attention is not paid to testing blood before it is administered to the patient, there could be serious complications. It is the duty of the hospital to provide safe and sufficient blood supply. For this, the World Health Organization recommends a proper assessment of blood donors and testing their suitability to donate blood at each occasion. Blood transfusion services should also be able to screen for diseases that can be transmitted through transfusion.
- Use Good Design Principles: A fall from a chair or bed can elongate a patient’s recovery. Hence, pay attention to how the hospital has been designed to reduce the risk of such events. Avoid steps and slippery tiles as far as possible. Sensitive bed and chair alarms could also be used to alert a nurse whenever a patient needs assistance. Nurse stations should also be decentralized so that the nurses have easy access to the patients. According to WHO guidelines, a hospital’s ventilation system should provide a minimum average ventilation rate of 60 l/s/patient for general wards.
- Prevent Surgical Infections: Surgical infections are rare but they still can happen. To reduce the risk of surgical infections, doctors and nurses must sanitize their arms up to their elbows with antiseptic soap before performing surgery. According to WHO guidelines, hands must be washed for a minimum of 2 minutes before any procedure. Special, gowns, masks, hair covers and gloves must be used by anyone in the operation theatre. After surgery, the caregivers must again wash their hands and forearms with antiseptic soaps, even though their skin did not come in direct contact with the patient.
In case of any concern or query consult an expert!