Lybrate.com has top trusted Bariatricians from across India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh AgarwalaYour feedback matters!
I can't lose my weight. I am doing a gym since last 4 months. I run around 15 minutes on treadmill daily with the average speed of 15. With that I do all heavy exercises daily for one & half hours. Have control mill daily. But In last 4 months I loses only 4-5 kg & even since last 2 months constantly at 100 kg where I didn't gain anything or loses. What is the issue?
Hello. I'm 21 years old and my weight is 70 ,height 160 cms. I want to reduce my weight. So can I know how I can reduce.
Hi I have started exercising to reduce basically the thigh fat and belly fat Can you suggest me what diet and exercise should I follow for better result. As of now, I take less oily and heavy food and less food in the night (only oats, sprout salad etc)
Fat injections also known as Autologous Fat Transfer for Breast Enhancement/ Augmentation is rapidly becoming popular. This is so because it wipes out the requirement for breast implants by using extra fat from your own body to enhance your breast size together with giving a beautiful shape.
Fat injection can lift-up as well re-shape the sagging breasts making them firmer by adding the volume lost because of lactation, ageing or weight loss. Common areas to harvest fat are tummy, thighs & buttocks. In past, there were worries that the fat may obscure detection of early breast cancer on breast X-rays (mammograms), but now it is considered absolutely safe.
While everybody may not be a perfect candidate for Fat Transfer for Breast Enhancement, it has great advantages. These are as follows:
1. It is an absolutely safe alternative as it uses material (Fat) from your own body, so no need to remove it in future even due to some possible rare problems encountered with Silicone Breast Implants (like capsule contracture, implant rupture or infection)
2. Breast Enhancement can be combined with Liposuction of other concerned body parts (Best out of Waste-Utilizes the removed fat for enhancement !)
Still, it has got some disadvantages as follows:
1. Compared with Silicone Breast Implants, this procedure is technically more demanding to create natural curves of breast out of small saggies- needs finest skills and artistic views on part of operating Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon.
2. Each breast has its own limitation to accommodate the volume of newly injected fat and enhancement beyond that may require a 2nd session.
3. Some portion of the injected fat undergo resorption after the procedure and the breasts will decrease in size after some time to require a 2nd touch-up session to get best results.
4. A thin-lean lady may not be a good candidate for this procedure not having extra fat to inject.
5. Newly enhanced breast with this technique may undergo minute changes in size with body- weight fluctuations.
Women over the age of 25 gradually begin to reduce the muscle mass and fat or adipose deposition happens at almost 5 times the pace. There is also the collagen reduction that happens alongside. All these put together give the flab, which is a point of embarrassment for women. Thighs, stomach, below the butt are common areas and could require changing your wardrobe. However, given that almost 93% of the women have cellulite, a lot of been done to identify ways this. From topical chemicals to medications to surgery, there are various options.
If that sounds comforting, don't. Cellulite is not something that can be cured and will stay forever. It requires a lot of dedication and lifestyle changes to sustain the lost fat (learn more about The Healthiest Ways to Achieve Fat Loss), which is the most important phase. Also, cellulite is transmitted genetically, and if you have a propensity for it, the chances of relapse are equally high.
Listed below are some ways to manage cellulite:
- Dietary (learn more about Dietary Fats) changes: Reduce salt, salty foods swell up the fat cells, making the cellulite more prominent. Adding a lot of fiber and whole grains cleanses the intestines of toxins and reduces the amount of fat.
- Exercise regularly: Any physical exercise, be it walking, jogging, cycling, or swimming, that you enjoy is completely welcome. All these help burn fat and reduce cellulite. There are also specific exercises aimed at working the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip flexors and abductors - one-legged lunges, squat and side lifts, V-leg pulls, etc.
- Massage: There are special massage bars with multiple notches on it, which helps stimulate fat and improve fluid circulation. Cellulite also has lymphatic drainage and a high chance of infection. Massage also improves lymphatic drainage, thereby reducing the chances of infection.
- Exfoliating: Body scrubs, especially around the area of maximum collection, also help reduce fat deposits. Scrubs containing coffee are particularly helpful, as it improves lymphatic drainage and caffeine tightens skin. There are also do-it-yourself kits available that claim to reduce cellulite. A word of caution here, use under medical supervision.
- Body Serum and body contour creams: These contain a combination of caffeine and antioxidants along with some active ingredients that are proven to mobilize fat deposits. Again, better to get medical opinion before use.
- Cellulite blasting technology: There are ways to mobilize cellulite by applying shockwaves to the area of cellulite and dissolve the fat. It is proven to be safe and is FDA approved.
Studies are also underway to test a drug that will dissolve the collagen in the skin, thereby reducing cellulite. This is yet to be proven and once done may become hugely popular as cellulite is a universal problem with women.