Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y.B Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Y.B GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a women, I am 28 year old, I have one baby, I am suffering from hair loss, what is the treatment for hair loss and also for body fitness.
I am 41 years old. In my house, we family members are using Plastic bottles to drink water usually in refrigerator also to make it cool in summer. It is also mentioned here that so far I know maximum numbers of people in Tripura using plastic bottle for drinking purpose which are selling in market. My question is that" Is it harmful for us" and If so, how much?
I am sowmya 22 female. My mother bharathi 40 female suffering from knee pains from last week. Please suggest some medicines.
Hi, My sister is suffering with pain and feeling burning sensation near belly button from last 3 days. Is that a major issue? Is anything serious? Please respond ASAP. Thanks in advance.
I am 39 year old male. I had sex with a professional girl about 3 weeks back. Now I have developed red blisters/ pimples on my back, sides, stomach/abdominal area. Its not very itchy nor its has water or pus like pimples. I have no soars, pimples, warts or any redness on my penis or anal area. I had kissed the girl mouth to mouth. And I had used condom. Do I have any sexually transmitted disease? Please guide me I'm worried.
Suggest me a best treatment for small pores on pace. Permanently. Which is caused by picking out pimples. Without side effects. Tq Also black spots on face. Naturally. Is lemon with honey good for black spots. How to use it. Suggest me soon.
I have pain in my legs and knees and also in my back it is unbearable I can't do any work because of this pain so please give me some suggestions.
Sir meri age 37 years hai or my weight aprox 78 kg hai jo last 2 year sa constant hai na badha hai na ghata hai or mera legs mai problem hona lagi hai exercise karna sa bhi koi fark nahi pad raha hai mai kya karo mai apna koi costly treatment bhi nahi karwa sakti hu kuch esa upya batya ki mere weight bhi kam ho jaya or mere legs ki problem bhi dhik ho jaya stairs chadna sa heart per pressure mahsus hota hai or halka halka pain bhi hona lagta hai kabhi kabhi or khas kar knee mai bhaut pain hota hai stairs chadna sa or mai usko avoid bhi nahi kar sakti hu so please koi solution batya is problem ka. Thanks.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!