Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek RustugiYour feedback matters!
I am a 28 years old female and i'm addicted to smoke. Please help me prescribe some medications to quit smoke. I've been smoking for 9 years and I can't quit.
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your Sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
I am a student of b. Com 1st year, after admit in college, I couldn't concentrate in my study. Please help me to come out from this depression.
These are the method to overcome it.
1. Talk to a psychologist /psychiatrist/therapist a psychologist or a therapist will be able to help you work through the issues you are going through at this time. He or she will also educate you about your depression and will further guide you the right line of action to be taken.
2. Spend time with positive people social support is crucial to getting out of a depression and can be very helpful for you to cope with stress full life. Support from positive people can also help to reduce negative thoughts that lead to depression. Please find those people in your life who make a positive impact on your daily functioning. Your friends, family members or co-members should be encouraging and you should enjoy their company. Please go out and do small small things with them [ like listening music, watching movies, walking, reading etc.]. Please create distance with people you know cause you anxiety or who are not supportive. Spending time with them will surely worsen your condition and make it harder to feel enthusiastic about recovery. Plan a short vacation with positive people. 3. Physical contact
Hug a friend
Play with your pet or dog
4. Always think positive and realistically negative thoughts are trademark of depression. This means you get struck thinking the same negative thoughts over and over again. Write down all the bad negative thoughts you have and create a positive thought for each negative thought you wrote down. For example I am ugly, please write I am unique and beautiful. I dont need any approval.
5. Compliment yourself for small small things.
6. Please avoid alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of substance abuse.
If you are stressed and wondering if this anxiety will affect the health of your child, you can be assured that you will have an uncomplicated childbirth and a healthy baby. It is absolutely normal to be stressed to some extent regarding the changes that are taking place in your life and to your body. But that doesn’t mean you can be stressed all the time and if this is the case with you, then you should seek professional help as high anxiety levels can adversely affect the health of your baby. This is because the cortisol or stress hormone may cross the placenta and create an impact on the emotional development of the baby.
There are various ways of staying stress free during pregnancy, and they are simple enough to be incorporated in your daily routine.
- Take enough rest and concentrate on your baby: It is good for you and the baby if you relax. You should sing and talk to your baby and you will be happy to know that he or she can hear you from around 23rd week. This would also allow you to bond better with your child after the birth takes place.
- Talk about your stress with people you trust: If you have any tension or worries regarding your child’s well-being, you can always communicate it to your best friend, your mother or anyone you faith in. You should never hesitate to be honest about your thoughts and feelings, and when you are true to yourself, you are likely to receive the support you require. You should talk to your partner as well and you may be surprised to know that both of you share similar worries and that your partner has some concerns that you are unaware about.
- Eat well and stay healthy: Eating tasty as well as nutritious food is good for your mind and body. Take in as many minerals, vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids as you can, as these will help in elevating your mood. It is believed that the amino acid named tryptophan can help you get rid of all the tensions and boost your mood. It also helps in raising the levels of serotonin and melatonin that allow you to sleep better and make you feel well rested.
With little exercise and pampering, you will be able to reduce the stress and feel comfortable about your pregnancy. But in case you feel that you are stressed out without any control, you must consider consulting a doctor.
I feel stress and tired without any pain. I feel weak and how should I increase my mind power. Usually when I study and learn something. But I was not able to keep learn for long time. But when I see and lean one time I am able to keep learn for long time. Please tell me. Why did he happen wth me.
I have been feeling low lately. I wish to be left out alone yet I want to understand why I am doing this to myself. I hv severed my bonds with my siblings and it has reached a stage where I cnt bear evn talking to them on phn after months. Life seems hopeless. I get sad far too often evn whn things are goin jst fine. Future haunts me. I dnt knw whthr I need help or its jst a phase where I hv gone nuts. And one mre thing, I hv always hd phases like this. Bt they were short. something always pulled me out of this mood. But now, am scared if I end up doing something irreversible.Please tell.
I am unable to control myself when I become angry and on some other occasions. Can you please tell me the natural ways to gain self control?
I'm addicted to smoking and I really want to quit, how can do that? I thought of nicotine patches but I'm confused. I just want to quit for the good.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities