Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek PathyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 year female, I have pain in lower back ,shoulder and I was having headache so much. So I test my result was Esr test is 35 mm and crp is 3.7 and hemoglobin is 11 .what further I have to check. My vitamin d is 13 .i do not have thyroid.
My father is 62 years old. Past two years he has taking treatment for neck pain and gastric problem .but its not curing we should take all checkups .when he woke up in the morning he had pain on shoulders arms scapula and he tell chest burning, or like chest compression. Before two years he go to doctor they said he had problem on cervical region .he had full body nerves are paining a lot and it would be numbness and tingling .why it is happening .what is the solution for this conditions. Kindly help me doctor.
Hello Dr. after 2 month of dnc my periods are two times in a month and I m anemic and also suffering from back pain kindly suggest me health tips and when I take iron pill like dexorange I m suffer from constipation what should I do Dr. pls help. Thanks.
I have pain in my leg on upper left side and also a kind of contration and I am unable to move my left leg like my right leg. I have also taken out x-ray but there is no defect also when I walk for long time then pain start in my leg and I was unable to walk furthur. Please help me sir.
I am a 45 year female and have cervical disc prolapse in c4-c5 and lumbar disc prolapse in l4-l5-si. I am also suffering from hypertension and sometimes hyperglycemia. What should I do to improve my condition. I am taking medication for bp. I also suffer from acid reflux and constipation.
I am having sciatica nerve pain. The pain is bearable. I had an xray which was fine and I am fed up of having muscle relaxers and pain killers prescribed by doctors. Please tell me also that it can be cured or it is long lasting?
Agr 50 years my nom have pain in right legs lower back to knee in side .doctor said its a seitica and yesterday give a treatment of these medicine. CYNOCAL 16 PEE 40 MG ACEWILL SP EVION 400 MG But there is no relif till now Pls suggest me wt I do. Thanks.
I have back and body pain when I am walking sometime early. So please suggest me any medicine for this.
I am 48 year old. I am suffering from ache at the back right side of my stomack. I am also suffering with total body weakness and mussel pain for the last 3 month. After exercise body totally get tired.
Pain in two or more joints in the body is known as multiple joint pain. Pain may occur either when a joint moves or when it is at rest. Sometimes, the pain might stem from the muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Examples of such conditions include tendinitis and bursitis.
Arthritis may be associated with the pelvis or spine joints. Different disorders affect different joints and the causes and treatment options vary accordingly. There are some disorders which affect the same joint on both the sides of the body, such as both hands and the knees. In certain disorders, the pain resulting from arthritis keeps on moving from one joint to another (migratory arthritis).
Most of the time, the root cause is arthritis. However, the reasons which cause arthritis are different from each other, in the way:
The types of joints involved.
The number of joints involved.
Whether the central area of the skeleton is involved or not.
Whether it is chronic arthritis (longstanding) or acute arthritis (sudden).
Acute arthritis which affects multiple joints can be due to:
Chronic arthritis causing pain in multiple joints is most commonly due to:
The most common joint disorders are:
Fibromyalgia (widespread tenderness and pain in the muscles)
Bursitis (inflammation of the joint cushions) or tendinitis (inflammation of the tissues which connect the bone to the muscle)
Polymyalgia rheumatica (stiffness and muscle pain, primarily in the shoulders)
Warning Signs Include:
Swelling and redness of the joints.
Fever, chills or sweat.
Drugs and medications are needed to treat autoimmune disorders. The autoimmune response of the immune system is suppressed with the help of these drugs. These medications include immunosuppressive medications, pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) help in reducing inflammation.
A sling or splint bag immobilizes the joint, which relieves the pain.
The application of heat with a heating pad will lessen the pain to a great extent.
Cold application with ice cubes wrapped in a cloth will provide relief.
Consult an orthopaedic doctor to know you type of multiple joint pain and an accurate treatment for it.
I have got pain in my left leg below nee because of an injury so what should I do for my leg I am very upset now I am having problems in walking and sleeping also.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.