Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Mittal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek MittalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I have done my bone screening. In my reports there is phosphorus increased 6.1 and Alkaline phosphates also increase 152. Calcium is normal 8.9. Please explain what are the causes of increasing phosphorus and Alkaline phosphates and what are the solutions to make up these in level. Please suggest the medicines too. Thanks.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering with neck pain from past two days, and I working more time on laptop, it is the problem with my weight or it generally happens use of laptop. Can I consult a doctor for this.
My mother is around 42 years old and she is suffering from backache since few years what should we do.
Hello sir. I have pain in coccygeal region since three months. Yesterday I went for x-ray and ortho doc said it's normal. Now I feel like as if m sitting on a ball. I Feel something is sitting inside. My mom had hernia and she had similar symptoms. M so scared now. I have neck swelling but whenever I sneeze its hurting, not able to sit for more than 5 mins.
I want to ask that I have always get pain in my hip because I use to work on sitting in a chair so please help how to get rid of it.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition, which causes chronic back painor vulvar pain, but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: this can mean pain in any part of the Vulva occurring erratically at different times
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: this is limited to the vestibule, or the vaginal opening. It has similar characteristics of a burn, and pain can be incurred only when contact is made, say during sexual intercourse.
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of Vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse.
Here are some common signs and symptoms:
- A burning or stinging sensation
- An aching or throbbing sensation
- May swell and you may experience soreness;
- Severe itching and agitation
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include: