Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Kumar Tiwari
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod Kumar TiwariYour feedback matters!
Is there any way to regain lost eye power? I am not able to see long distance objects. I am wearing glasses for the past 10 months. Is turmeric milk beneficial in regaining the lost eye power? Or is there any other way? Ex- any food or medicines? Thank you.
My wife had a cataract surgery. How long will it take for complete recovery. She still has blurred vision. Other eye operation is also to be done. Please advice.
Here are some ways to care for your eyes
Namaskar i am Dr. S Bharti, founder and senior consultant in Bharti eye Foundation and Hospital. We have two centers one in east Patel Nagar and the other in greater kailash one and we provide very high quality eye care services and that is why both our centers are NABH accredited. Here I want to share some facts about the eye care basically for general public.
The first fact which I want to emphasize is the examination of the eye for a child should be done at the age of three years before the child enters the school so this is very important because some some of the times or most of the times the child is not able to tell you as to whether is or she is not seeing so well and only when the eye is examined at the age of three years. The parents come to know that the child has weak eyes the possibility of a child having a week eye is more in children whose parents are also having week eyes but in any case it is important to have the eye checkup for a child at the age of three years before going to the school.
The second fact which I want to emphasize is that today majority of people require computer in their routine work and there is an entity called computer vision syndrome. This computer vision syndrome is because when you are working on a computer your eye tends to blink less than normal and they can tend to get dry so it is very important to follow a room where you blink your eye. Every 20 seconds whenever you remember you get out of the area where you are working on the computer after every 20 minutes take your eyes off the computer after 20 minutes and also most of the times you will require to put some lubricant eye drop and working on the computer for a long time.
the third important thing is the cataract is not a disease it is a phenomena which happens with age. everybody will develop cataract if they live long enough sometimes the cataract start at the age of 50. For others the cataract may not start even at the age of 75 so you it is not that certain age you will definitely have cataract but there are changes which will happen to your lens and it will get opaque and that is what is called cataract and there is no medical treatment for cataract. It has to be removed and another lens has to be implanted in the eye for the treatment of cataract.
Thank you very much you can get in touch with me on lybrate.com. thank you.
I am facing headache continuously last some days also my eyes are paining and it feels too heavy. Don't know y. Please help regarding.
I suman 22 year old. My eyesight is becoming weak day by day. I have consulted many doctors. They only change the power of my spectacle. I am unable to see anything when I remove my spectacle. So please help me.
I have red eyes and head deck from last 5 days I don't knw what can I do please tell me what can I do for it.
Hello sir My eyes have a weakness due to efficiency of dust particles are stored in my eyes in the morning please help me.
I am suffering from head pain from last two days and my eyes have also some pain. What is the solution for it.
Are you losing your sight day by day? Does it make difficult to see you at night? Is this the onset of Blindness? Get to know about Retinitis Pigmentosa with these tips.
What actually is Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) refers to a group of diseases, which causes a slow, but progressive vision loss. It is a genetic disorder that affects the ability to respond to light.This inherited disease causes a slow loss of vision, beginning with decreased night vision and loss of peripheral (side) vision and eventually results in blindness.
Causes: Retinitis pigmentosa is often hereditary (runs in families). If you or your partner has retinitis pigmentosa, there may be up to a 50 percent chance that you will pass it on to your children. Ask an ophthalmologist about genetic counseling if you are planning to have children.
- Slow loss of vision
- Beginning of decreased night vision
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Difficulty in identifying colours
Diagnosis: If you have poor night vision or a loss of side vision or if there is a history of retinitis pigmentosa in your family, your ophthalmologist will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to determine if you have retinitis pigmentosa. Your ophthalmologist will dilate your eyes to look at the back of them for signs of disease.
Treatment: Currently there is no known cure for retinitis pigmentosa. However, research has shown that vitamin A palmitate may slow the progression of certain forms of RP. Your ophthalmologist can advise you about the risks and benefits of vitamin A palmitate and how much you can safely take. Taking too much vitamin A palmitate can be toxic, and evidence of vitamin A palmitate effect on RP progression is not substantial.
Another recommendation for slowing vision loss from RP is to wear sunglasses to protect your retina from harmful ultraviolet (UV) light.
Retinal prosthesis is also an important area of exploration because the prosthesis, a man-made device intended to replace a damaged body part, can be designed to take over the function of the lost photoreceptors by electrically stimulating the remaining healthy cells of the retina.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.