Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita GargYour feedback matters!
I am a 16 year old girl. I am having irregular periods please suggest me some ways for having regular periods.
Sleep deprivation can lead to mood swings, along with decreased levels of concentration; and a person lacking sleep may easily feel annoyed or irritated. Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders may affect your sex life:
1) Reduced energy levels - Lack of sleep can lead to reduced levels of energy and fatigue. Depletion of energy, in turn, can lead to perpetual tiredness, which may ultimately cause a person to have lower libido and interest in sexual intercourse. Some men suffer from sleep apnea, which is a respiratory problem that interrupts sleep. A 2002 study showed that sleep apnea causes lower levels of testosterone in men.
2) Mood swings - Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
3) Decreased social activity - Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
4) Anxiety - Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 20 years old female, I had sex last night without protection. I am worried, Should I take I-pill? will it be useful and help me not to get pregnant?
Dear Doctor, I have a 5 month old baby. I am breast feeding him. What would be considered as an ideal diet for me. I am a vegetarian. I feel that I have not taken proper diet and proper care of him. I have not eaten much fruits o veggies properly, although I have had milk properly during this time. How can I improve my diet. Thank you.
Hi, I am 45 years old female. After intercourse there is lot of pain in my thighs. What is the reason and remedy. And during my periods headache is there.
On the other hand, you can have a kidney infection when the bladder infection has not been treated and has spread to the kidneys. Symptoms of a kidney infection include acute pain in the lower back, fever and vomiting.
It is best not to delay treatment if you suspect you have a UTI. Those with a weak immune system, diabetes or bad kidneys should immediately see a doctor. Pregnant women are also susceptible to UTIs. There are times when a UTI can give no symptom or warning. It is only a urine test that can disclose if a person has a UTI.
Once the infection spreads to the kidneys, treatment should be undertaken on an urgent basis because the damage to the kidneys can be permanent. When bacteria enters the urinary system, UTIs occur. The bacteria travels to the urethra and the bladder, where it causes an infection. This ailment is more common among women who are sexually active. Other things which can increase your risk of getting a UTI are dehydration, not peeing when you want to and having kidney stones
A urine test will determine if you have a UTI. Once confirmed, your doctor will put you on medication, which is excellent at treating UTIs. One has to drink copious amounts of water and make frequent trips to the loo, which helps flush out the bacteria.
Effective ways to prevent UTIs include drinking a lot of water, going to the bathroom before as well as after sex and wiping the genital area properly — from front to back.
Hello Dr. My sister suffers from terrible pain during periods. She is 24 years old unmarried. She had pcod but now it is completely cured but she still feels lot of pain that she gets unconscious because of pain. Is there anything that can cure this permanently.
Hello, Meri age 29 year h .Mera period 23 sep ko aya Tha. 28 sep ko Maine unsafe sex ke Karan unwanted 72 liya Tha uske bad 7 Oct ko Mera period repeat ho gya h.Please mujhe iski wajah or solution btaye.
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
I am 25 years old, student of BE Mechanical, I sleep everyday at 12pm and wake at morning 7am then I fresh, after I take my breakfast POHE only, then after one to two hour I am getting sleepy mood very strongly, this happens everyday, that's why I can't concentrate on my study, and I sleeped up to 12 to 1 pm, kindly tell me what is the reasons behind this SLEEPY matter, I hate this habit, and this problem will happened only in exam periods. Provide me medicine name or resolution. I don't have much money to go doctor and paid there consultant fees.
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
The best ways to avoid getting an STD are to abstain from any sexual contact and be in a monogamous, long-term relationship with an uninfected partner. To reduce the odds of getting STDs:
Ask your partner if he or she has an STD.
Ask partners to be tested before sexual activity.
Avoid sexual activity if your partner has signs of an STD.
Be aware of symptoms and get regular checkups with your health care provider.
I am having regular periods from starting onwards whn im 13 years old. Nw im 26 years still im hvng same prblm im unmarried. Im having pcod problem, thyroid level is 4.2 & haemoglobin is 14.2 consulting Dr. Sirisha fernandis hospital Hyd in month f jan 2015 she proscribed me yasmin pils for 6 months. Aftr dat too I nt get period normally. Again I visited to her she proscribed me continuously same pils fr my entire lif if you nt getting periods. I did fr 6: months more still the same problem then I stopped fr 1 month then I got periods but aftr thar same problem arisen again. I took period tab fr 5 dys dn I got my periods and the blood is only fr hardly 3 dys having not flow during night tme aftr dat frm past 2 months no periods so im started again taking same yasmin pils. So I hve to continue further same pills or suggest me sme good remedies or tablets or diet which helpful fr my continues periods and no problem getting pregnant aftr my marriage too. Hope Dr. Solves my problem.
What kind of contraceptive you recommend and how (dosage and for how long) to take it? I have heard the side effects of contraceptive is more and it will lead to weight again and in future problem in conceiving is that true? This question is in continuation to your reply for my PCOS question.
My wife can't conceiving Egg was not rupture. Problem face from past 5 months Medicine have taken 45 days after consult by doctor Himalaya Evecare 45 days daily 2 tab (morning-evening) Cipla Fertomid 50 mg 1 tab daily for 5 days from 4 days of period No result found Please help what should I do. What is the main reason of not conceiving.
The food you eat plays an important role in your gastrointestinal health. Some foods can be difficult to digest and can lead to bloating and heartburn while others increase the healthy bacteria in your gut and aid your stomach to digest better.
Here are ten things you should include in your diet for a healthy digestive system:
- Bananas: Bananas help regulate bowel movement as they bind the food waste together. They also help in restoring the electrolyte and potassium balance in the stomach.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fiber and low in calories and are also a rich source of phosphorus, vitamin E and Zinc. Oats help in proper functioning of the digestive system and extraction of waste.
- Curd Rice: Curd rice is the most well-known home remedy for an upset stomach, as it is a rich source of probiotics that help restore the balance of healthy gut bacteria and eases digestion.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent substitute for normal cooking oil or butter. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and fatty acids that ease the digestive system and boost immunity and energy levels.
- Lentils: Lentils are rich in prebiotics and fiber. Prebiotics promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria and prevent harmful bacteria from causing stomach infections.
- Ginger: Herbs and spices are very helpful in digestion, amongst these, ginger is the foremost. Ginger is used to treat a number of stomach infections such as bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Ginger also helps speed up the movement of food from the stomach to intestines.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are rich in fiber and probiotics, while beetroots help relieve constipation, sweet potatoes help treat ulcers and bowel problems. Other vegetables that aid digestion include cucumber, tomatoes and carrots.
- Brown rice: A certain amount of carbohydrates are essential for a well-balanced diet. Brown rice have high calorific value but are less fattening in nature. Brown rice ease the movement of food through the digestive system.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps ease indigestion and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Peppermint can be consumed directly, as a flavoring agent in salads and fruits, or it can be taken as a supplement.
- Water: Water is crucial for healthy digestion, as it eases the movement of food through the digestive system and out of the bowel. Inadequate level of water in the body is one of the most common causes of constipation. Ideally, you should have a minimum of 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!