Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita GargYour feedback matters!
We are late married I am 33 and my wife is 29, Is pregnancy after 30 years is risky for women, I heard delivery is difficult. please reply.
Hi How blood comes from Vagina. Does pennis inserted is the same hole, in which blood flows while in periods?
Hello sir my weight is 84 kg and my baby's age is 2.5 yrs I am on diet these days but feel very weak some time while doing exercise. I drink green tea and sprouts. Tell me reason and suggest something.
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
1. Exercise can make you skinny
Not true! If you don't curb your intake, exercise can actually make you more efficient and cause more fat deposition. Exercise is important for maintaining health and strength, but just don't believe the myth that you can lose fat by exercising.
(calories in) - (calories out) = (stable weight)
2. Eating less fat causes weight loss
Another common myth is that low-fat diet causes weight loss. Over 60% of the population is overweight, and about one fifth of the entire population is either diabetic or pre-diabetic! Low-fat diets don't lower body fat.
3. Low thyroid causes weight gain
People who still believe that they are overweight because of a 'thyroid problem', should reconsider that notion. Multiple studies on the effects of thyroid on weight have failed to find a connection and yet the myth persists. There are many medical doctors and other practitioners that perpetuate this myth, telling people, 'It's not your fault, it's your thyroid'. They are then given thyroid hormones to take, but don't lose weight.
4. Diet pills help you lose weight
All of the studies done on diet pills show a short-term loss of weight with a long-term gain. Moreover, they cause brain dysfunction. Why are they still used? Because of public demand. People are trying to appear to be healthy with drugs that are actually harming their health. Diet pills, whether over-the-counter or prescription are not the answer to being overweight.
5. High-nutrient-and-low-calorie foods are expensive!
Of course, ounce-for-ounce you will find that organic foods cost more than those smothered in pesticides, and prepared foods seem to cost less than their unadulterated counterparts, but this isn't the whole picture. Eating smaller amounts of grass fed meat, or wild caught fish maybe twice per week, and having organic fruit and vegetables instead of packaged snacks is actually less expensive. People who are eating nutritious foods don't eat when they aren't hungry, whereas snack foods are eaten for taste and hunger doesn't matter. That's why people get fat on snack foods. Moreover, preparing the food in your home will save lots of money over going to restaurants.
6. Skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight and improve your health
In fact, eating three meals a day may actually help to stave off obesity! Studies show that skipping meals slows down metabolism as the body's tries to reserve its energy stores for daily function. And skipping meals increases the likelihood of overeating or even binge eating later in the day.
7: Body fat is bad for you
Actually, without body fat, your organs would not function properly, your bones would break easier, you would have impaired cognitive ability, and you would be putting yourself at risk for a heart attack. Body fat itself is not bad for you. How much of it, what type, and where a person's fat is stored on their body makes a difference.The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health, fat storage on the hips and thighs is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes in both men and women.
8: Being fat is worse for your health than being thin
Here's the biggest shocker, and a fact that sadly goes unnoticed; the risk of death from a very low BMI is greater than for someone at a high BMI! Skinny people die as a result of their weight than fat people do.
Warning, being as thin as this airbrushed model's image may be hazardous to your health."
9: Genetic makeup will not allow an Individual to be lean and fit
Obesity tends to run in families. A genetic cause is indicated; though it must be remembered that family members share not only genes, but also their diet and lifestyle habits. Individuals cannot change their genes, but they can change what they eat and how active they are. Even individuals who are genetically predisposed to obesity need not become obese, they can manage to lose weight and keep it off.
10: Weight gain in women over time is healthy and part of a natural aging process.
Weight gain of more than 20 pounds is not a normal part of the maturation process. It may actually increase a woman's risk of an obesity related disease.
I am 26 years old female. I am experiencing frequent white discharge from my vagina. Would it cause any problems during sex or pregnancy?
I had my first intercourse on 5th midnight. I started bleeding after 6 hours of my first intercourse. It has been 2 days and I am changing two pads a day. My last periods were on 10th june to 14th june. I am confused whether it is my periods or vaginal bleeding. I felt a bit dizzy jst after sex when I tried to walk. So is there a possibility that I started bleeding internally that moment?
I am having my periods last month according to my date. After having sex. But this month I am having 1 week later and there is no flow in my vagina during periods only I getting pain.
I have pcos, I'm on normoz, medical, naturogest now, had slight bleeding before 5 days f periods due. I want to be pregnant, scared , does naturogest give me period?
Have you ever heard that one got pregnant from the sex done with cloths on? I had sex with three layers of clothing, she had two layers. But while humping I cummed in my underwear. Pregnancy possible?
I got married on April 24th 2017. I have regular periods every month. This month it was late for 6 days. My last period was on 7-6-2012 so technically I was expecting on 5-7-2017 but it didn't happen and I was under impression that I might be pregnant. I also experienced slight pain and change in colour in my breast. Why did this happen? Please advise what next I should do?
Everyday you’ll hear about a new fancy ‘superfood’ that you absolutely must include in your daily diet. Some would ask you to gorge on goji berries, while some would advise bingeing on bee pollen (!). All this can get a little overwhelming for the average Indian individual. The good news is that there are certain everyday superfoods you can get from your local mandi.
Here are six of them you easily could and absolutely should include in your cart to guarantee a healthier and longer life without burning a hole in your wallet at an expensive gourmet store.
1. Carrots: Carrots are your best source for a healthy intake of Vitamin C, beta-carotene (Vitamin A), magnesium, potassium, and other antioxidants that are essential for the functioning of your immune system. Plus the good thing about carrots is you can have them anyway you want - so sauté them as a part of your mixed vegetables or feast on your favourite 'gajar ka halwa.' The choice is yours. One raw carrot a day is ideal.
2. Coconuts: An excellent source of essential fatty acids, raw coconuts are equipped with quite a few health benefits. They are anti-microbial food and natural hormone boosters. The other good thing about them- they don't add to your weight. Coconut fat is used by the liver for the production of energy, thereby keeping your weight in check. Raw coconut shreds, raw coconut butter and coconut flour are the forms in which you should consume this superfood. Although if you’re already obese, you should avoid consuming coconut as it has a high calorie and saturated fat content.
3. Apples: 'An apple a day, keeps the doctor away' did not become so popular without cause. High quantities of pectin, potassium and Vitamin C make it a superfood you just can't ignore. Apples are known to keep your heart healthy, lower your cholesterol and body weight and improve your mood. Plus, they keep you fuller for a longer time than unhealthy processed junk food. A fun fact you must know- the tarter the apple, the better it is for you as it contains more antioxidants. 3 apples a day are good to keep you healthy always.
4. Bananas: The superpower of bananas lies in its tryptophan content. Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that improves your mood, so you should be sure to add it to your grocery list next time. Potassium and Vitamins B and C further make it a superfood you must try. Have it raw or make a smoothie for yourself to enjoy its benefits. Just like apples, 3 bananas a day are good enough.
5. Dark Chocolate: At the end of a hard day, it is important to treat yourself. So why not go for a healthy dose of dark chocolate? Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and is currently creating buzz in the medical world that it might be helpful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Do you need more reason to indulge?
A word of caution: Be careful with your consumption of dark chocolate, specifically if you suffer from cardiac disorders or have a high cholesterol. Its high calorie content is not good for those who are overweight either. It is advisable to have no more than 100 gms of dark chocolate in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.