Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I want to know about krill oil. Can I give my daughter krill oil as she is adhd and how can it help.
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: One of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: The best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: Wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi .I m from srinagar kashmir. I hv a daughter aged 4. She has a problem with her nose. Inside her nose she has adenoids and she is so allergic. I consulted many doctors here but all was in vain. She always has a running nose and sometimes blocked nose. please suggest me remedies. Thanks.
Dear doctor, my baby (daughter) is 7 months old. She only likes to take her mother's milk. Her mother was having sufficient milk earlier. But now she is not having like before. It seems that she is loosing weight, though her activities are normal and spontaneous. We have tried to give her baby foods like cerelac, lactogen etc. But she hates all these. What should I do? Please suggest. Thanks.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
My baby have gave 2.5 month vaccine at yesterday noon. She have around 99.5 fever till today, so is this thing to worry or its a common. Also how much day fever effect. Please let us know.
My 2 years doughter vo bol nehi sakta he. Lekin sab kuch samajh sakta he. Is keliye mereku kya larna padega?
I am 26 year old mother with two month old daughter. I am breastfeeding my daughter. But it seems milk is not enough for my little one. So I am giving her lactogen 1 once in a day in spoon. As she is not taking bottle feeding. Whenever I try to feed in bottle, she vomits. Please tell me the reason for refusal of bottle nipple by my baby? And please suggest any other idea?
My son is 10 months old. At times, may be once a day or twice a day, his thumb finger gets struck. Meaning its bend and if we try to straighten that there would be a noise (like breaking knuckle). This is observed only in his right hand. Consulted couple of pediatricians here and some are telling this is common - it would get back to normal by time but others says that this is trigger thumb. Please suggest whether to wait or not? He is not crying while we straighten his finger. Please suggest if waiting would worsen or help? If we could wait, how long we could wait? If its trigger thumb, then is there any other treatment other than surgery? If at all its surgery would that be a permanent solution?
My baby is 10 month old. I am giving him safola masala oats. Shall I continue is that does not cause any problem sir/mam?
My daughter is about 4 years old. She is around 10 kg in weight. I am giving her aptivate syrup for appetite but she in very loose in hunger. Please suggest what to do.
My 2.9 years old son has not been eating well. We tried feeding him every possible thing he does not eat. But whenever we go out to have he eats. He has lost little weight also. He started going to school from this mid june. Please suggest.
Sir, my daughter date of birth is 28/09/2003. I missed vaccination of her on 10 years perhaps tetanus vaccine. Sir I want to know may I let her vaccination of 10 years.
Meri beti ghar ke bahar jaha jati hai (school. Dance class or relative house. Invitation) koi kuch pucha to chup rahati hai muh niche karke dusra kuch dekti hai. Lekin ghar mai tandab chalati ha. Unki age 3.4 years. solution kya ha?
I am a mother of 3 months old n I want to know can I have sweet potatoes while breastfeeding my little one. N also I have undergone c section delivery. Pls reply.
Bedwetting, also known as Nocturnal Enuresis, can be referred to as the unintended and involuntary urination during sleep. Enuresis, being a medical term, stands for wetting, whether during the day in full clothing or at night in bed. For young children and infants, urination is certainly involuntary. It is worth note that children who wet their beds are not actually being disobedient or lazy.
Child Bedwetting can be classified into two types- Primary and Secondary
It has been continuing since the phase of early childhood without a halt; which means the child bed-wets every night.
The child is unable to hold urine over the length of the night.
The child cannot wake up in case his or her bladder is almost full..
The child has been taught poor toilet habits as he/she puts off urinating for hours during the day.
Secondary bedwetting can be an indication of a repressed medical or emotional condition.
People suffering from diabetes need to urinate frequently.
Any injury or abnormality of the nervous system can take a toll on the neurological balance that fundamentally controls urination
A peculiarity in the muscles or other organs that are involved in urination can be the reason behind bedwetting.
How to address the problem of bedwetting?
Motivational Therapy: This involves parents motivating their children to reinforce their sense of self-control over bed-wetting.
Moisture alarms that can detect wetness in the child’s trousers while sleeping and sound an alarm bell to wake the child up.
- Tricyclic anti-depressants that lower the amount of urine produced by the kidney.