Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vimal JainYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old girl. I have a good complexion when I am studying. After studies I go for waxing for hands. After few days of wax on hands it becomes very dark. I don't know how to get rid of dark hands. Can you please help me for that?
I have a lot of dark circles under my eyes .please suggest me some medication or supplement to get rid of it m I am 18 years old.
I have holes and pinched marks on my face so can I use derma roller to resurface. So is there any side effects? Then is there any alternative!
Babies go through a host of problems that we usually refer to as growing pains. This article is of special importance to most mothers who are going through myriad problems like colic, teeth and even diaper rash. Diaper rash is known as diaper dermatitis in medical terms. When the skin of the area within the diaper becomes red and goes through inflammation, it is known as diaper dermatitis. Read on to know more about the condition, and how it may be treated.
Symptoms: The most obvious and common symptom of diaper dermatitis is the signs on the skin which will bear a patchwork of red blotches that may look tender to touch. The baby will also seem more irritable and cranky as the discomfort and pain starts to grow every time the diaper rubs against the rashes. Bleeding, itching and oozing can also occur, in which cause it is imperative to consult a doctor immediately. Also, if the rashes are accompanied by fever, one must get it checked as there may be chances of an infection. Diaper rashes can also cause pain during bowel movements and a burning sensation during urination.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of diaper rashes. Trying out a new product may sometimes give the baby a rash as the sensitive skin of the child may not take to some ingredient. Therefore, it may develop as an allergic reaction. This new product may be a cream, lotion or a new brand or type of diapers. Further, sometimes when we introduce new foods, the baby’s skin may erupt into rashes as a part of an allergic reaction. Also, chaffing or rubbing may cause such rashes, while prolonged use of the diaper without a change is known to be one of the most common causes of this condition. Bacterial or yeast infection can also cause diaper dermatitis. Also, antibiotics can cause rashes as a side effect.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by a dermatologist or a paediatrician based on the symptoms that you list out as well as physical examination of the area. The doctor may also check the baby’s temperature in order to ascertain if there is any fever or any chance of an infection.
Treatment: One should keep the baby’s skin dry and absolutely clean at all times. Also, it would be recommended to use cloth diapers for a few hours a day so that the skin may get a chance to breathe. Further, the doctor will prescribe mild hydrocortisone ointments. Antifungal creams may also be used in case there is an infection. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed in such cases.
I am tan from head to leg but I want to look fair. And my under arms are also black and some sort of smell comes from my under arms what should.
I am having skin infection or too much problem problem in between my thighs near the genital part. I do not know what to do suggest me something please to get it cured as soon as possible.
Colour of my arms and hands have become darker as compared to rest of the body please suggest something.
We all know that skin clinics are there to help us with our skin problems. Visiting a skin clinic helps you in getting rid of those unsightly blemishes and also improves the texture of the skin. Complete skin care starts from within but when home remedies and other medications are not helping, then it is better to seek a professional treatment.
Acne is a common problem that most people suffer from these days especially teenagers and young adults. Acne is caused by increased hormones and clogged pores or bacteria. Most people treat it by cleansing, using topical ointments or even oral contraceptives. But when your acne becomes severe, it leads to scars that are not good in appearance and can become dark with time. When you visit a skin clinic, the skin care practitioner will identify your scar type and take steps accordingly. There are many acne scar removal techniques present and not all treatment procedures may work for you, your skin care provider will choose the best procedure for you. Basic skin care starts at home where you can wash your face twice a day with a mild face wash. Keep in mind that whenever you step out of your home in day, sunscreen is a must. It will not only protect you from harsh UV rays but also protect you from aging fast. Glowing skin comes from healing your body from inside by eating nutritious and healthy food everyday that is full of proteins and vitamins.
If you are facing severe acne scar problems, then it is best for you to visit a professional skin clinic and get yourself a laser or a light treatment. Laser treatment for scar removal is considered the best these days as it requires half an hour or so and leaves no scar after the treatment. During the treatment, laser goes deep in the skin to remove the scar from inside and out which is quite effective. It has only temporary side effects which away after sometime but you will have a healthy skin anyway after it. We should also exfoliate our skin to remove the dirt settled in the pores and provide it a clean and refreshing look. Skin care is all about giving proper attention to our skin and we should keep it in mind that by using every treatment or every cream will not nourish our skin rather make it rashed and pale. Thus, a little care with proper regime is enough to have a glowing skin. Always ensure that you take out time to make out what kind of treatment and repair your face requires.
Looking good and looking youthful are two things that go hand in hand for most of us. Accordingly, we are constantly in search of that eternal fountain of youth to keep ourselves looking young for a longer time. Yet, we also need to ensure that this is done without harming one's health.
A wholesome diet that is rich in a number of nutrients as well as good skin care routine can help in fighting the initial signs of aging. While a good beauty regimen definitely helps in prolonging the skin's elasticity and glow, one needs procedures that can help not only in preventing the decline of the skin and good-looks, but also in reversing those changes This comes under the purview of anti-aging measures. Read on to know more about these anti-aging treatments-
- Laser Resurfacing: Also known as fractional laser treatment, this method sends laser beams to create tiny holes in the skin, which boosts collagen production in the skin. It is extremely effective in fighting the onset of wrinkles and fine lines. They help in fighting the ravages of the skin due to prolonged sun and pollution exposure, which reduce the collagen or elastic element of the skin. With this procedure, the skin becomes firmer and plumper, thus remaining line free.
- Skin Tightening and Lifting: Energy of laser beams, radiofrequency and ultrasound is used to tighten deeper skin collagen which helps to lift the sagging tissues. It is the best alternative to a surgical facelift with no downtime.
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections: Their use has now become commonplace and can be done every now and then so as to ensure that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is kept to a minimum. These injections are of two types-
- Fillers-. Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane and Emervel are some of the well-known and most favoured fillers trusted by dermatologists globally. The effect of these fillers can last up to twelve months, after which it can be repeated. Fillers basically restore volume loss and also help in boosting the collagen production of the skin.
- Botox- This is a protein which takes care of the frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet by smoothening the muscles of the face that cause these lines.
- PRP Therapy: Also known as Vampire Facelift, this is the latest anti ageing treatment which remove wrinkles and lifts the face. Plasma rich in platelets is prepared from your own blood and is injected into the skin. Growth and stem cell factors stored in the platelets stimulate collagen, thereby giving you a brighter, tighter and younger looking skin.
- Threads: These are used to tighten sagging loose skin giving a firm, lifted look with and improved skin texture. It can also be used to slim the jawline and take care of double chin. In this procedure, absorbable threads are inserted into the skin with the help of an extremely thin needle.
- Mesotherapy: This is a procedure by which beneficial substances are infused into the skin to improve skin tone and texture. The different types of substance that are infused are-
- Antioxidants: These powerful skin care nutrients eg. Vitamin C, botanicals, flavonoids etc destroy free radicals that damage skin and collagen. These free radicals come from sun exposure, pollution, poor diet, stress, smoking, pesticides, chemicals, etc.
- Peptides: They are proteins that help in enhanced collagen production so as to set the anti-aging process in motion successfully.
- Chemical Peels: They help to maintain the complexion, glow and firmness of the skin. It is used to fight the early signs of skin aging. In this procedure, gentle exfoliating solutions are applied on the skin which loosens and removes the dead cells. The desired results are obtained after a series of peels in a short time.
- Microdermabrasion: It is mechanical exfoliation of skin by either very fine crystals, diamond tipped probes, high pressure water jet or pressurized air. This reveals a smooth, glowing and fresher skin instantly. Regular such sessions help to maintain the youthfulness of skin. With all these advanced, effective and safe treatments at hand, looking young and beautiful forever is not impossible now!
What treatment do you recommend against scars, laser or rollers. further dosent it affect the skin in the long run. I've hurd it may cause hyper photo sensitivity because of the removal of first layer of skin.
Getting mucous like liquid. From last 2-3 months. Blood from rectal too. Whenever hard stool pass rectal area distorted difficult to pass stool. So much burning. Homeopathic medicine SBL FP tab N some other homeopathic treatment taking no use.
What is the remedy if the prostate glans got enlarged and galbladder stone of 20mm in urine bladder?
I want to increase my hair volume. And I have black spots on my face, back and shoulder. Please Help.
How to become charming with attractive glowing face. Suggest easy ways and suggest things which are usually available. please suggest 100% trusted way.
The air is saturated with moisture during the rainy season. This makes the weather humid and everything else damp. This makes it an ideal breeding season for bacteria, viruses and fungi. Common problems of the season like water logging even deteriorate this situation further. Skin-related problems are on the rise during the monsoons, especially due to fungal infections.
Here is a list of a few fungal infections and how you should deal with them:
- Athlete's foot: This disease occurs if the feet are exposed to dirty water for a long time. The skin turns greenish with pus-filled scaly and itchy patches. You can treat this by using absorbent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powder. Soaking your feet in vinegar or bleach solutions can be helpful for getting relief from Athlete's foot. It is also best to keep your feet dry all the time and carry a separate pair of shoes.
- Ringworm: Ringworm infection occurs in the shape of a ring on your neck, on the soles of your feet, in the armpits etc. It can be treated with anti-fungal powder or cream. Also, avoid scratching the infected area or wearing clothes made of synthetic material.
- Tinea capitis: This is a fungal infection on the scalp or in a beard (also called ringworm of scalp). It can be treated using anti-fungal shampoo containing ingredients like salicylic acid which exfoliates the skin and scrubs the infected cells off the scalp.
- Nail infection: Dirt and mud that accumulate under the nails lead to fungal infection in both the fingers and toes. Due to the humid weather during the monsoons, accumulation of sweat under the nails is also responsible for such infections. The preventive measure is to keep short nails and remove dirt from under the nails. Anti-fungal powder is a remedy for this too.
- Eczema: This is a chronic skin condition where itching and bleeding blisters and patches appear on the skin. The disease is often aggravated during the monsoons due to the damp weather. This can be treated by applying salt and magnesium on the affected areas of the skin. Coconut oil helps to provide relief from the itching and burning sensations. A great way to keep your skin safe from these infections is to use only soft cotton clothes during the monsoon season. Materials like silk, satin, polyester etc. irritate the skin and do not allow the pores to breathe, so they should be avoided.