Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikash Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikash GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello, there are several boils appear on my leg and thigh, they have disappear after some days and new one comes, I'm taking Augmentin 625 duo from a week and now boils are reducing but not completely going, please prescribe me something to get rid from them completely.
I am 23 years old female I am having lump in right side of my breast and it has increase in size! I don't have any pain in it the lump can move every where in breast. It is movable. Is it cancerous or non cancerous?
I have facing so much acne problem on my face l, many dark spots are also increasing, please give me some solution to come out from this diseases.
What can I do for my dark circles which are rapidly increasing, darkening and extending till ears. I am just 17 years old. I need to know a method I can do in my home only. Thanks.
I do chemical peeling and I heard that after chemical peeling the skin was peel off but 2 days are went but there is no effect on my skin so it is not working.
Ageing is the only inevitable truth. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. Skin loses collagen as you grow older and collagen is the element in your skin which keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging.
The causes behind ageing of skin can be both extrinsic as well as intrinsic. The main classifications of the causes are:
- Biological: This is an intrinsic factor which relies on the genes of the body and hence, it is out of our control. Naturally, with age, the regenerating capabilities of your body gradually lose pace due to the various hormonal changes that occur over time. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way in helping your skin look as young as possible.
- Environmental: Being an extrinsic factor, environmental factors that cause the skin to age can be controlled. Some of these factors, such as pollution, harmful rays of the sun, stress and unfavourable weather conditions are capable of damaging the skin. Sun exposure i.e. exposure to the UV rays of the sun, is deemed to be the primary reason behind skin ageing.
- Mechanical: Repeated behaviour over an extended period of time, such as frowning, squinting, smiling, etc., can cause grooves to be formed on the skin. These grooves may be permanent and hence, contribute to ageing skin.
How do you treat it?
A holistic approach is extremely vital for the treatment as well as control of ageing skin. The quality and features of skin differ among individuals and hence, the needs of the skin will vary too. Due to this reason, depending on the skin types and needs of the person, the skin care routine needs to be specialised and focussed.
To facilitate a specialised approach to ageing skin, a thorough analysis would be conducted by the dermatologists to understand what the skin needs and accordingly, diagnose the causes and symptoms of ageing skin. The diagnosis will allow the dermatologist to estimate the severity of the skin problem. This analysis will help the doctors to determine the adequate approach to address the ageing skin. A combination of services and technologies would be recommended based on the analysis. This combination would incorporate methods such as collagen building (with foods such as berries and dark green veggies), micro derma peels and skin tightening, as well as effective home skin care products which can be used to boost the skin’s beauty. The proposed approach would work to fill wrinkles, boost collagen and tighten sagging skin to make the skin look as natural as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist.
My mother is in bed fromm last Test. Shr is suffering fromm bed sore Can you please suggest to cure bed sore.
I am 19 year old boy and suffering from tanning. I have tried a lot of ways to cure it but no results so far. Please advice.
I am 24 years old, I have lot of pimples on my face and my face is oily, even when I bath or fresh up my face within 5 minutes my face looks dull and oil will be appeared on my face. So please help me. Thanks for your support.
Vaginal fungal infection, otherwise called candidiasis, is a typical female condition. Fungal infections are brought on by the growth Candida. This growth is connected with extreme itching, swelling, and irritation. Every fungal infection is distinctive. Therefore, your doctor will recommend a treatment that is best for you. Medicines are by and large decided depending upon the seriousness of the infection.
A particular type of yeast called Candida albicans brings about most of the fungal infections. These fungal infections are effectively treatable. In case you are having repeating infections or issues disposing of an infection with ordinary treatment, then an alternate form of Candida may be the cause. A lab test can tell your doctor which sort of Candida you have. Here are a few ways with which you can deal with vaginal fungal infections:
For simple fungal infections, your specialist will mostly recommend the following treatment(s):
- A one to three-day application of an antifungal cream, balm or tablet Normal antifungal medicines is butoconazole (Gynazole), miconazole (Lotrimin), Monistat, and terconazole (Terazol). These medicines can be either prescribed or available over-the-counter.
- A solitary intake of oral medicine, for example, fluconazole (Diflucan).
- Women with simple fungal infections need to follow up with their specialist to make sure whether the medicine worked. A follow-up will likewise be important if your symptoms return within two months.
Certain types of Candida will not react to simple treatment and will require a more forceful strategy. In case you meet one of the following criteria, your specialist will more likely tell you that your fungal infection is an extreme one.
Conceivable medications for extreme or complicated vaginal fungal infections include:
- 14-day cream, balm, tablet, or suppository vaginal treatment
- A few measures of fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Long-term medicine of fluconazole (Diflucan) that is taken once a week for six weeks.
- Treatment of your sexual partner or use of condoms while having intercourse.
You can treat vaginal fungal infections with regular cures in case that you might want to abstain from taking physician-recommended medicine. These are some mainstream normal cures:
- Tea tree oil cream
- Garlic or boric acid vaginal balms
- Plain yoghurt taken orally or applied into the vagina
Here are some normal strategies for counteractive action:
- Abstain from wearing tight jeans, underwear, tights, or stockings
- Abstain from utilising female antiperspirant or antiperspirant tampons or cushions
- Try not to roam around in wet clothes, particularly swimsuits
- Eat an all around adjusted diet
- Eat yoghurt or eat foods with lactobacillus
- Wear soft clothing, for example, cotton, cloth, or silk
- Abstain from sitting in hot tubs
- Wash clothes in warm water
- Abstain from using hot water bags
- Throw away old underwear as often as possible
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am using melacare cream for fair complexion. How many months can I use it safely without any problems.
I am 23 years old and My cheeks are covered with black spots. Suggest me some ways to get rid of it?
Bladder cancer is characterized by irregular growth of abnormal tissue (tumor) on the lining of the bladder. This type of cancer may spread to the surrounding tissues or other body parts as well.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation therapy - Radiation therapy uses rays such as x-ray or uv rays to destroy cancer cells in the body
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.