Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay PathakYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my right side of chest at night but I smoke everyday what should I do I have a problem quiting smoking.
I feel depression some time in a day and I also saw horrible dreams which make me to wake in night with fast breathing what to do to please tell me.
In my body to much pain I do not understand please give me a solution to release the pain which is inside our body.
Doctor I'm 16, I'm studying intermediate first year, I have a problem, all my classmates have beard on their face , but I don't have beard. I have little amount of moustache but I want to grow beard quickly. Please suggest me any solution for this problem, suggest medicines that are easily available at any medical shop without any prescription.
My friend Is a bixesual male. He used to have physical intercourse with both his Females n Male friends. And he enjoy doing so. But since 6-7 months he is attracting more n more towards male as compared to girls n wish to have sex with them (if not possible for sex then he used to watch gay porns n masturbate. He masturbates almost daily. His Sperms quantity is also decreased.) He really wanna get rid of this male attractions n sex fantasy for them. Guide him with proper knowledge. Masturbation daily is harmful. How to increase sperm quantity n tym period for long sex.
Due to ego related issues tough quarrels of my relatives (not wife or parents) with me once or sometimes twice a quarter I feel fully exhausted for two three days with no energy and it takes ten days to recover. Also my mind not allows me to concentrate on anything except thinking about these people and their quarrels. What is this condition and why I feel so which medicine to be taken during such short periods to recover quickly and refresh myself for new tasks. Apart from medicine what other steps will be effective.
I am 29 years old male I am getting confusion and no clarity for my career so that I am depressing always. Even though I am I am working in good Limited company and I am in mid career level.
Hello I am 40 years old. I have a professional career of 14 years now. I resigned from my job last year from the post of Branch manager in a Pvt life insurance company. It was not working for me at all, since I was not getting promoted since last 5 years. I quit. Now I own a garment showroom. I opened it for doing wholesale but idea did not clicked and now I am confined to retail sales. I thought things will settle down, but they are not. I am worried about future of my family, my kids are studying in 6th and 4th standard. Wife is a house wife. I live in a joint family with my parents and my younger brother' s family. Income is hardly 6k to 8k after meeting my showrooom expenses. All household monthly expenses are running from my bank deposits, which have become half in past one year. All expectations towards me from my family has come to nil. I want to live for my family, want to give them the best. But vice versa, My life style has come Down by three folds. I need your advise on how should I approach toward my life. I am seriously concerned.
While speaking English I m stammering and repeating the words, but when I talk with my friends I m taking better Like one situation, I m talking with my teacher well in English than suddenly I remember, I have stammering problem I don't want to start again stammering Then I start stammering, because the fear of stammering. What should I do to overcome this problem It's a actually disease, or my mind creativity And this is problem start since my child hood. When I taking with my teacher I start stammering even though in my native Language
I'm feeling too much weakness in my body And mentally too I'm getting lady day by day I always feel tired My memory is also getting weak I forget many things regarding my work and also many routine works too I can't concentrate on anything please give solutions.
Hi I thought of consulting psychiatrist bcs few months back thoughts like suicide was in my mind, but I controlled. Now a days it feels like same
My father is getting addicted to alcohol. This activity has been increased in last few months. Thought of consulting a doctor.
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
- Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes. While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
- Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder I has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease, and the symptoms are often missed. Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.