Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kataria
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KatariaYour feedback matters!
I had to get up 4 times in night for urination. It appears that there is little difficulty in urinating. Probably urination tract has shrunk.
Peyronie's disease is a type of Erectile Dysfunction. For men with this condition, an erection can be quite painful. This is caused by scar tissue or plaque that collects inside the penis and makes the penis bend upwards or to one side when erect. In most cases men with this disease can still have intercourse though it may be painful.
The exact cause for scar tissue to collect in the penis is not known. Researchers believe that it may be triggered by a traumatic accident that causes bleeding within the penis. You may not realize the extent of injury at the time of the accident. Genes have also been held responsible in some cases. Peyronie's disease is more common in middle aged men than young men but this condition is not a normal part of the aging process.
Symptoms of this disease may appear gradually or appear suddenly. Some of the common symptoms associated with it are:
- Scar tissue: This can be felt under the skin of the penis as a band of hard tissue or hard patches.
- A bend in the penis: A significant bend in the penis is a characteristic symptom of Peyronie's disease. With time this bend may stabilize or get worse.
- Pain: There may be pain in the penis with or without an erection.
- Erectile Dysfunction: The disease can make it difficult for a man to get or maintain an erection. This is mainly due to the pain.
- Shortened penis: The disease can make the penis appear shorter than before.
Mild cases of this disease rarely need treatment and it rectifies itself on its own. For more severe cases of the disease, a doctor may prescribe medication or suggest surgery. Medication is used to break down the plaque in the penis causing the bend. It works by addressing the buildup of collagen in the plaque. This medication is usually given via injections into the area of the penis affected.
If medication does not work, surgery is the next option. Surgery is usually prescribed only for men who cannot have sex because of the disease. There are two types of surgeries that can be performed.
- Removal of plaque and inserting a tissue graft in its place
- Nesbit procedure: the tissue of the penis on the opposite side of the scarring is removed. This may make the penis smaller.
In rare cases where a man has Peyronie's disease and Erectile Dysfunction, the doctor may also suggest a penile prosthesis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.