Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for St Stephens HospitalYour feedback matters!
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Sleep is the best reliever of all stress and physical pain. Not only is it important to get sleep, but also to sleep soundly and without any disturbance. The quality matters. Here are a few tips to get better sleep:
- It is important to maintain the same sleep schedule every single day. This helps to naturalize your body clock and get the best quality sleep.
- Switch off all mobile phones, laptops and other electronic devices. Their artificial glow not only hampers your eyesight, but also prolongs the amount of time your body takes to relax and fall off to sleep.
- If your back pain causes you to continually wake up in the middle of the night in discomfort, then sleep with a pillow or cushion between your legs so as to straighten out your back and relieve pent up stress.
- The importance of your pillow can never be stressed upon enough. Your pillow should be not too fat, hard or soft. It should just about support the natural curve of your neck, so that it is perfectly aligned with the centre of your body. Correct sleeping postures are extremely important.
- Make sure your room is nice and dark so as to stimulate the secretion of a hormone called melatonin that is regulated by light exposure. Darker the room, greater melatonin, making you more sleepy.
- Those who exercise regularly and well are known to be fitful sleepers. Exercise well before bedtime. If required, do some light yoga or stretching exercises that promote sleep.
- What you eat throughout the day makes a difference to the quality of your sleep. Stay away from too much caffeine, alcohol, or a heavy meal just before sleeping. They only make you stay awake for longer and may cause heartburn or stomach trouble. Don't drink too much water, or else you will be making more midnight trips to the bathroom than clocking those sleep hours.
- Try to keep your head clear of all worries and stress when in bed. Regular meditation and deep breathing can help.
There is no end to all the things you can do to sleep well and comfortably. It is important to be self-disciplined to sleep well and hence be a healthy individual.
In most diseases, early detection of the disease is the key to control the symptoms, cure, reduce progression and improve prognosis. This holds true for sexually transmitted diseases too. As soon as there is a mild degree of suspicious of having contracted a sexually transmitted disease, it is advisable to go for a test. Most of the STDs can develop into serious complications over a period of time, ranging from infertility to even death.
Complications: Why early diagnosis is important: When left undiagnosed and untreated, most STDs progress to cause severe damage from sterility to cancer to even death. Listed below are some complications associated with each of the common STDs.
- Chlamydia: If left untreated, can lead to epididymitis and testicles shrinking and infertility in males. This is a condition where there is pus formation in the scrotum. In women, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which is deep-seated and unable to cure completely. This brings with it symptoms ranging from abdominal pain to uterine infections to sterility.
- Syphillis: Undiagnosed syphilis can lead to blindness and deafness. It can also be passed onto the newborn and lead to severe disabilities.
- Gonorrhea: If diagnosed early, it can be cured completely with antibiotics. However, if left untreated, it can lead to infertility.
- HIV/AIDS: Early diagnosis can help in curtailing the disease. If detected late, then the damage is quite extensive and treatment is both expensive and cannot help restore a lot of functions.
Symptoms of Sexually transmitted diseases: If there is a doubt of having contracted an STD, then it is very important to get tested for the same. Some of the most common symptoms are listed below.
- Women: The most common symptoms in women including painful urination, burning sensation, abnormal vaginal discharge (sometimes bleeding), warts, and abdominal pain.
- Men: Testicular pain, urethral pain, painful urination, pain and inflammation in the prostate, sores, fever, and abdominal pain.
Prevention: Always practice safe sexual practices. When in doubt, refrain from sex until diagnosis and treatment is complete.
Testing for STDs: Some of the standard tests include:
- 1. Herpes- HSV I & II -
2. Testing HIV-- Kits and ELISA available for testing
3. Blood test for syphilis antibodies
4. Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea - from urine as well as swabs for culture
It is understandable that getting tested for STDs is an embarrassing situation. However, there are options available where anonymity can be maintained when getting tested for STDs. This is a wise choice to make as the risk is not just for the person affected but for the partner and in some cases even for the fetus. Early testing can help prevent complications like infertility and cancer.
"Men get naughty at 4-0 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are -
Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido-
A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
Go on a date:
Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately.
In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
They are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation.
Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the fertile-most period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days.
Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
In vitro fertilization (IVF)
This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
The occurrence of diabetes is expanding step by step. Being a silent executioner, it is attacking the youthful generation subtly that builds the weight of exchequer on the general population. Individuals, who are taking cutting edge medicines for diabetes treatment, prompting to searching of option arrangement of medicine where Ayurveda has more prominent application and significance. Ayurveda treats diabetes through diet, drugs, exercise and panchakarma.
Reasons for diabetes
- Deficiency of exercise
- Diet expanding kapha dosha, for example, fats, sugar, rice, potatoes
- Mental stress and strain
- Over the top sleep
Straightforward Ayurvedic cure for diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice: Juice of Karela (30 ml) might be gone up against discharge stomach day by day in the early morning. It is considered as one the best remedies for diabetes. Pulverize the bitter melon into a grinder in the wake of isolating its seeds. Tad bit of water may likewise be included. Strainer this to have juice.
- Methi Seeds: Fenugreek seeds or its mix with ayurvedic herbs are helpful remedy to decrease the signs and symptoms of diabetes. Absorbed fenugreek seeds warm water overnight took after by biting it in the morning.
- Triphala: Triphala alongside different fixings are helpful in bringing down the sugar levels in blood. The decoction of a balance of base of Triphala, barberry, moth (20ml) and colocynth might be brought with turmeric powder (4gm) twice per day.
- Amla: The juice of Amla (Embelica officinalis) (20 ml) twice per day is useful for diabetic patient. The powder of Amla fruit may likewise be taken twice every day.
- Aloe Vera and ground sound leaf: The blend of turmeric (1/2 tbsp), ground sound leaf (1/2 tbsp), and aloe vera gel (1 tbsp) if taken twice every prior day lunch and supper, is useful to control sugar in blood along these lines successful for the issue.
- Cinnamon powder: This is one of the essential regular home remedies. Step by step instructions to plan: First take one liter of drinkable water. Include 3-4 tbsp of cinnamon powder and warmth it for 20 minutes. Strain the blend and made it cool. Drink it consistently.
- Diet: Use Varee, barly, Kulittha, Mung, old rice, Chickpeas, bitter gourd, dudhee gourd, Dodaka, in diet. Incorporate 'Tikta ras' things in diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My brother's age is 21 years nd he suffering from hair fall from 1 year he was having dandruff before but when he used ketomac dandruff was all okay but still suffering from hair fall please advice what he should do.
Is there any side effects of levolin inhaler. I have asthma. Please help me how can I prevent and get relief from asthma permanently.
Hello doctor. I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I'm feeling hungry often and tired. This is my second baby. Is it normal?
Hello, My sister is 21 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years back. In PCOS it is said to minimize the intake of dairy products such as milk and all. I want to know what substitutes she can get instead to maintain my calcium levels. Also suggest a suitable diet for PCOS removal. Thanks.
My hair is falling rapidly now I can see baldness in partition side. I tried lot of treatment s and medicine it didn't work I want permanent treatment please suggest me.
Hello doctor. I have a question regarding my mom. She was diagnosed with osteoporosis before a year. She has disc in back and neck also. Now she has pain in right shoulder and can not move her arm properly nor can do any heavy work with this arm. She faces problem during sleep also. She cannot sleep on right side due to shoulder and it feels as if something heavy has been placed on her shoulder. Doctor did xray and gave medicine bt no improvement. please suggest what to do.
हम सबसे ख़ास दिखें ये चाह हम सभी की होती है। और इस खासियत यानी सुन्दरता को बढाने में घने-लम्बे बाल अहम् रोल अदा करते है। सबका हेयर स्टक्चर अलग-अलग होता है। किसी के सर में कम बाल होते हैं तो कोई घने बालों को लहराता नजर आता है। पर सुंदर और घने बाल सभी को अच्छे लगते हैं चाहे वे पुरुष हो या महिला। सभी की चाह होती है घने बालों को अपने तरीके से सवारने सजाने की। पर आज के Pollution भरे माहौल और गलत Lifestyle के कारण बालों की दसा में सूधार कर पाना एक चैलेंज सा हो गया है।
लेकिन आपको चिंता करने की जरूरत नहीं आप बेझिझक ये चैलेंज एक्सेप्ट करें और हमारे बताए तरीको के साथ लग जाएं बालों की ग्रोथ की मुहिम पर। तो दोस्तों आइये हम जानते हैं कुछ घरेलु नुस्खे जिन्हें अपनाकर आप बालों को गिरने से रोकने के साथ ही उन्हें घना और लम्बा भी रख सकते हैं।
1. कोकोनट मिल्क
एक ब्रश से अपने सर पर कोकोनट मिल्क लगाएं, और सर पर एक टॉवेल बांधकर करीब 20-25 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें। फिर टॉवेल हटाएं और बालों को ठन्डे पानी से धो दें। बाद में शैम्पू कर लें, इस नुस्खे को हफ्ते में एक बार आजमाने से थोड़े ही दिनों में आपके बाल गिरना रुक जाएंगे। पर याद रहे, सर पर कोकोनट वाटर नहीं कोकोनट मिल्क लगाना है। जो नारियल को घिसने के बाद उसे निचोड़ने से निकलता है।
अपने बालों को सादे पानी से अच्छी तरह धोएं। फिर एलोवेरा के पत्ते में से निकले गूदे से पूरे सर पर अच्छी तरह मालिश करें। 15 मिनट के बाद सादे पानी से सर को धो लें हफ्ते में तीन दिन सुबह-सुबह ये नुस्खा अपनाकर देखें। थोड़े ही दिनों में फर्क दिखने लगेगा।
आम इसलिए कि इसमें नीम का इस्तेमाल करना है और नीम आपको हर जगह मिल जाएगी। नीम की पत्तियों को पानी में इतनी देर उबालें कि पानी आधा रह जाए। अब इसे ठंडा हो जाने दें। इस बचे हुए पानी को सर पर खूब अच्छी तरह मलें।इसे आप शैम्पू के बाद भी कर सकते हैं। हफ्ते में एक बार ये Formula आजमाएं.
आंवले की खूबियों से भला कौन अनजान है। हम सब बचपन से सुनते आए हैं कि आंवला बालों के लिए फायदेमंद होता है। पर आंवला इस्तेमाल करने का सही तरीका पता होना भी जरूरी है। थोड़े से सूखे हुए आंवले नारियल के तेल में इतनी देर उबालें कि तेल काला पड़ जाए। ठंडा होने पर इस तेल को किसी कांच की बोतल में रख लें। हफ्ते में दो बार इस तेल से सर की अच्छी तरह मालिश करें और 20 मिनट बाद शैम्पू कर लें। बहुत जल्द इसका आसार आपको समझ में आने लगेगा।
मेथी दाने तो आप किचन में इस्तेमाल ही करते हैं। दो चम्मच मेथी दाने नारियल के तेल में तल कर लें। चूल्हे से उतारकर इसे अच्छी तरह चलाते हुए ठंडा कर लें। ये मिश्रण थोड़ा सा लेकर हलके हाथों से कुछ देर बालों की जड़ों में मलें। और 20 से 25 मिनट बाद सादे पानी से सर धो लें। पर हाँ ऐसा महीने में एक या दो बार आजमाएं।
बीटरूट यानी चुकंदर के पत्ते, सबसे पहले Beet के थोड़े से पत्ते पानी में इतनी देर उबालें कि पानी आधा रह जाए। उबले हुए पत्तों को मेहंदी की पत्तियों के साथ पीसकर पेस्ट बना लें। इस पेस्ट से सर पर अच्छी तरह मालिश करें और 20 मिनट बाद सर धो डालें। हफ्ते में तीन बार ये नुस्खा आजमाएं और हेल्दी बाल पाएं।
7. ग्रीन टी
गर्म पानी में ग्रीन टी के दो बैग डालें। पानी ठंडा हो जाने पर टी बैग निकाल लें और उस पानी को पूरे सर पर मलें। हफ्ते में दो बार इसे शैम्पू के बाद कंडीशनर के तौर पर इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं।इससे बालों को मजबूती भी मिलेगी और चमक भी आएगी।
रोज खाने में लहसुन की 4 से 5 कलियां खाने से बाल घने होते हैं। लहसुन का रस निकालकर सिर में लगाने से बाल उगने भी लगते हैं।
सीताफल ऎसा फल है जो कई तरह से शरीर को पोषण देता है। सीताफल को खाने से भी आपके बाल कुछ दिनों में घने हो जाते हैं। सीताफल के बीज और बेर के बीज के पत्ते बराबर मात्रा में लेकर पीसकर बालों की जड़ों में लगाएं।फल का स्वाद जैसा मन खुश कर देता है पत्ता वैसे ही बालों को खुश कर देगा।
मूली हम सलाद के लिए खाते है। पर ध्यान रहे मूली बेहद फायदा करती है खासकर पेट और आपके बालो को घना बनाने के लिए। आधी से 1 मूली रोजाना दोपहर में खाना-खाने के बाद, कालीमिर्च के साथ नमक लगाकर खाने से बालों का रंग साफ होता है और बाल लंबे भी हो जाते हैं। इसका प्रयोग 3-4 महीने तक लगातार करें।
ककड़ी में सिलिकन और सल्फर अधिक मात्रा में होता है जो बालों को घना बनाने में मदद करते है। इसलिए जिनके सर पर बाल कम हो उन्हें रोज ककड़ी खानी चाहिए इससे बाल घने हो जाते हैं। ककड़ी के रस से बालों को धोने से और ककड़ी, गाजर और पालक सबको मिलाकर रस पीने से बाल बढ़ते हैं।
तो आप बिंदास उन नुस्खों को अपनाएं और अपने बालों की ग्रोथ बढाएं पर ध्यान रहे अगर आपको लम्बे समय तक इन नुखों को आजमाकर भी फर्क ना नजर आए तो हेयर स्पेशलिस्ट से सम्पर्क करें।
I have a daughter of 2 years old she has swelling around his toe finger and its paining a lot. And it seems that some dust particle are inside swelling? Please help.
I am 22 weeks pregnant women. Last two days m feeling cold. And today I didn't get urine from morning .Even m drinking more water .Is it normal.?
How to get rid of dry skin. Because of dry skin my skin is getting black. Please tell me any solution.
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.
Alopecia word meaning is loss of hair and areata meaans in patches.Hence Alopecia areata means loss of hair in patches.The bald patches occur very quickly, are round or oval in shape and have sharply defined margins.The affected scalp area either looks normal or has a glossy apperence.Alopecia areata(patchyhair loss) can occur anywhere on the skin but the scalp and beard area are the most common location.
Alopecia areata is considered to be an auto immune problem and that can be triggered by bacterial or viral infections,severe stress,trauma to the skin,vaccinations or exposure to any substance that caan become an antigen to the body.oftenly it is found that Alopecia areata is assoisiated with other Auto immune conditions such as vitiligo (Leucoderma),Thyroid problem,Rheumatoid Arthritis,Pernicious Anemia and Diabetes mellitus. About 40-50% of patient with Alopecia areata also have history of atopic diseases such as skin allergies,Asthma.Genetic and familial dispostion also seems to play a role in alopecia areata.
If left untreated Alopecia Areata may progress further upto Alopecia totalis i.e complete loss of hair in scalp and alopecia universalis i.e complete loss of hair in scalp, eyebrows, beard and all over the body.
Conventional treatment of Alopecia areata include use of corticosteroids,application of minoxidil solution 5 % etc., but none of them prevent formation of new patches and actually curing the disease from its root cause.Homeopathic medicines selected after a full indivualization,symptoms and case analysis which includes physical and mental symptoms and constitution as well gives good and long lasting results.Homeopathic medicines commonly found useful in this conditions are phosphorus, Flouric Acid ,lycopodium, Selenium etc.
Along with medications some Lifestyle modifications such as practising de stressing activity such as doing yoga and pranayam daily for 10-15 minutes, avoiding non veg items esp red meat such as pork, mutton, beef, use of green tea is also helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.