Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Acid Peptic Disorders
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment Of Acne In Periods
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Acrochordon
Treatment of Acute Diarrhea
Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis
Treatment Of Age Spots
Treatment Of Alagille Syndrome
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment Of Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Treatment of Alopecia Universalis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Treatment Of Antibiotic Associated Diarrhea
Treatment of Ascariasis
Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis
Treatment of Athlete's Foot
Submit a review for St Stephens HospitalYour feedback matters!
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!
The development of breasts is one of the most prominent physical difference between the structure of a man and a woman. In some cases, hormonal imbalances can cause enlargement of the male breast gland, which is known as gynecomastia. Apart from being a cause for embarrassment, it is also associated with a number of medical conditions such as kidney failure and liver cirrhosis. However, there is little need to worry if you have been diagnosed with such a condition as it can easily be treated with dietary changes, medication and surgery. Among these, surgery is the only method of treatment that guarantees a permanent and immediate solution to the problem.
Surgical treatment for gynecomastia is of two types
The type of surgery suitable for you will depend on a number of factors including the extent and type of gynecomastia.
Liposuction involves the removal of fat from the breast, but does not touch the breast tissue itself. For this surgery, a surgeon makes a small incision on either side of the chest or along the edge of the areola. Excessive fat is then removed through these incisions and the skin and remaining tissue is then restructured. Liposuction can take anywhere between a week and 3 weeks for complete recovery. In the meanwhile, the patient must wear a compression garment to minimize the swelling and support the chest tissue as it heals.
A mastectomy on the other hand is used to remove the breast tissue. A mastectomy is performed endoscopically and hence is less invasive. In this case, the incisions are located around the edge of the areola or in the natural crease of the chest. A mastectomy requires a shorter recovery period. In some cases, a combination of the two techniques may also be used.
The results of both surgical approaches can be seen immediately after the surgery. Slight soreness and pain is a common side effect of this procedure and can be relieved with pain medication. Some men may also experience a temporary loss of sensation over the treated area.
Though the results of both types of surgeries are permanent, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle after the surgery. Unhealthy eating that leads to significant weight gain can make the problem recur. Use of steroids or medication that affects the testosterone levels in the body and certain medical conditions can also lead to recurring gynecomastia.
What are STDs?
STDs or STIs are infections that are caused by intimate contact that involves exchange of bodily fluids. These are also called venereal diseases and can be caused by vaginal, anal or oral sex. Most of these infections do not show any symptom initially, but they develop over time. The causative organisms can include viruses, bacteria or parasites. The signs and symptoms can be in the form of unnatural vaginal discharges, or penile discharges, or warts and ulcers in the pelvic area.
It is a very serious disease as some of those are not curable, such as HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-B. Other diseases may include gonorrhoea, syphilis, Chlamydia etc. While there surrounds a stigma around STDs and people may feel ashamed to even go forward to ask for any help, there is nothing to be ashamed of and it is the best to seek medical attention when you feel you may have contracted a STD.
But as we know, prevention is always better than cure. Here is a list of tips that might help you prevent it in the first place:
- Prevention: It is actually the cure to some diseases such as HIV and herpes
- Vaccines: It can prevent you from concurring diseases such as Hepatitis- A and Hepatitis-B. It is advised to get yourself vaccinated before sexual contact to prevent the disease.
- Anti-microbials: Anti-microbials such as Nonoxynol-9 can be used in the vagina to prevent any sort of venereal disease. However, the efficacy of the anti-microbials may vary depending on the efficiency in application and the type of micro-organism.
- Condoms: Female or male condoms can help to prevent venereal diseases tremendously. They help to prevent the interaction of body fluids by keeping a barrier between if used properly. Otherwise the uncovered will still be susceptible to infection.
Ways to use a male condom properly:
- Never reuse a condom
- Always keep a certain space on the tip of the condom for the ejaculation, as it may reduce the incidence of it bursting
- Be careful with the condom, if your nails are long
- Flavoured condoms should only be used for oral sex as the sugar in the condoms can cause yeast infections, if used in the vagina
- Do not wear the condom if it is too loose, it can come off
Sir I am 29 years old and my weight is 65 kg I have BP Problem my BP is 150/110 Please give me some suggestions. I take Envas 5 mg medicine.
I'm on a treatment of amexidil twice a day. My dermatologist has said to use scalp e shampoo every alternate days. But I think so that it does not cleanses whole of my hair properly. So can I use any gentle hair cleanser after the keto application or what should I do .Like buttocks or Patanjali.
Hi. My age is 23 n I want to increase my penis size my penis size is 4.5 n I wnt to make it big n think is tr any oil or medicine to make it big so I can be very long on bad.
I have headache from 3 months. When I wake up morning headache to night sleeping on bed till headache. From forehead side by side headache move on around head. What to do.
Sir I think my immunity system is weak. I suffer from fever and cold very frequently. With throat problem also. I don't remember how many times I spit in a day. I spit some stick liquid material. Please suggest some proper solution and mediation to improve immunity. Thanks.
I have problem .during night semen comes quickly when I am feeling sexy. It releases in 1 minute. have this problem for 2 years. Tell me what I do know. I am also facing hair fall problem .i am losing my weight.
Taken ipill in 72 hours on 4 the February after non penetration sex. I got light bleeding on 12th February ,I missed my periods on 16th February. I took pregnancy test on 23 February ,25 feb ,3 march, 10th March and 20 March all shown negative results. I didn't get period till today. I am having cramps from few days but not getting periods have little pain in nipples and sometimes feels bloated n bulging out .I m very stressed about my health .what should I do? Do I am pregnant? I am taking Ashokarishta ,m2 tone and rajahpravartini medicine.
Asthma - Causes And Homeopathic Remedies!
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic Treatment: Asthma should be preferably treated using homeopathy. It is safe for most age groups. Asthma is a chronic problem that is best treated by a qualified homeopath. While few cures are found in numerous home use packs since they can treat a number of problems, the effective treatment of asthma usually needs potencies and changes of cures more than the extent of a prescriber and a home kit. For best results, the monitoring of a qualified homeopath should be sought. The homeopathic cures required for asthma change according to the signs of the sufferer. Some of them are listed below:
- Arsenicum Album (Ars.): Symptoms requiring the use of this medication include wheezing with dry cough and Asthma caused due to cold air. Upon application, the person will be anxious and restless and the condition worsens after midnight. Sometimes, it might result in exhaustion. There is a chilling sensation and they will crave for warmth. Patients required Ars. will be critical, anxious and afraid of being alone.
- Kali Bichromicum (Kali-bi.): Symptoms that require Kali-bi include asthma with stringy and sticky mucus. The patients feel chilly and after a while they get sick. The respiratory tract often is infected with mucous membrane infections. Ulcers are an additional infection.
- AntimoniumTartaricum (Ant-t.): Uncomfortable breathing and wet cough with mucus require this medication. It solves many issues that accompany difficult breathing. In severe cases, heart failure is possible.
- Grindelia (Grin.): Key symptoms are dry cough and possibility of wheezing. It may be accompanied by Rattling respiration, chronic bronchitis and suffocation during sleep.
- Phosphorus (Phos.): Upper respiratory tract infections cause asthma that ends in the chest. This causes coughing and wheezing.
Other homeopathic medicines for treating asthma are Nux Vomica (Nux-v.) and Pulsatilla Pratensis (Puls). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had a some bleeding which is not much before 4 days of periods and do not get any menses. Got a negative preg test. And did not get my menses and on the 9th day after spotting had a positive ovulatn test next day line was some faint and after next day it was very faint. I was ovulating with out my menses or what is the problem.
Winter made your hair rough and dry and it also caused you many problems and during winter, you wished ‘if only it was summer’ and now that summer is here you are cursing it ironic isn’t it?
Ah, we all have the habit of cribbing and complaining about everything, one thing is not over and we start cribbing about the next one. We humans are like that, we all love to complain, but what to do, summer are indeed a bane to the hair as much as winters are. Winters make the hair dry and frizzy and summer makes them sweaty and itchy. You feel like washing your every day to get rid of your itchy scalp, don’t you?
In addition, to top it all, the summer this time seems to be bent on troubling everyone, the heat is just getting unbearable day by day. Well but you don’t worry too much because i am going to give you some tips to cool your scalp and yourself this summer, so read on to find out.
First thing is make sure that you avoid going out in the sun from twelve to four in the afternoon. The sun is at its best during this time and if you go out during this period then your hair will be at its worst.
Make sure that you cover your hair, when you go out in the sun; I know you might tell me it is already too hot and on top of that covering the head with a scarf or a hat will just make us sweat more, but listen, the sun is very harmful for your hair. The ultraviolet rays of the sun aren’t exactly very good and I think you know that, so cover your head with a scarf or a hat.
Wash your hair thrice a week, remember only thrice a week, and don’t wash it every day. Too much shampoo and chemicals will spoil your hair. In addition, if it gets unbearable then wash your hair with plain water; avoid chemicals as much as possible.
Tie your hair. I know everyone likes keeping their hair open, but in summer, tying it up will be more convenient and it will also provide you relief from the sweat.
Hence, these are some of the tips; you ought to follow to maintain your beautiful hair thorough out summer.
Root canal treatment is the only option to save a tooth which is having severe pain or sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweets. And its a painless procedure as it is done under local anaesthesia.