Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veenu Gupta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veenu GuptaYour feedback matters!
What is Flatulence?
Flatulence is caused by having excess gas in the stomach or in the intestines. Flatulence or ‘Fart’ is an excess of gas in the stomach and intestines.
Symptoms of Flatulence
- Bloating and discomfort;
- Excessive passing of wind;
- Pain in the abdomen.
- A feeling of bloating and discomfort
- Foul odor
Causes of Flatulence-
- Swallowing too much air
- Drink impure water
- Certain Medication or Drugs
- Presence of large amounts of bacteria in the intestines
- Eating too quickly or talking while eating; and
- Digestive disorders
- Food made under unhygienic conditions
Risk factors of Flatulence-
- Non-natural sweeteners such as some sugar-free foods, gums, and candies
- Certain drugs and Medications
- Food Intolerances
- Crohn’s disease
- Use of laxative
Complications of Flatulence-
- Social embarrassment
- Intestinal disorder
- Pile or tumors
Diagnosis of Flatulence-
Diagnose of Flatulence includes the following:-
- Medical history
- Medical tests such as Abdominal computed tomography (CT) scan, Abdominal ultrasound, Barium enema x-ray, Barium swallow x-ray, Blood tests, Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Upper endoscopy
Precautions & Prevention of Flatulence-
- Eat slowly
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid drinking through straws
- Avoid chewing gum
- Don’t slurp hot drinks like tea and coffee.
Treatment of Flatulence-
- Homeopathic Treatment of Flatulence
- Acupuncture Treatment of Flatulence
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Flatulence
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Flatulence
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Flatulence
- Other Treatment of Flatulence
Treatment of Flatulence
Homeopathic Treatment of Flatulence-
Homeopathic medicine makes healthy digestion and circulation system to prevent or to diminish flatulence. In homeopathy there are several medicines for flatulence, they cure flatulence as they treat the root cause. Following are some of the homeopathy remedies for flatulence.
- Arsenicum album
- Carbo vegetables
- Natrum carbonicum
- Nux vomica
Acupuncture Treatment of Flatulence-
Acupuncture may help reduce stress and improve overall digestive function. It improves energy system and normal physiology of GIT.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Flatulence-
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can be helpful in changing habit patterns and relieving stress and anxiety which may be causing gaseous trouble.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Flatulence-
In Allopathic treatment of flatulence, garlic is used in a number of patented medicines and other preparations. The active principle in garlic is an antibiotic named allicin.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Flatulence-
- Avoid eating vegetables such as beans, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and sprouts
- Avoid eating fruits like peaches, apples and pears
- Avoid drinking dark beers and red wine
Other Treatment of Flatulence-
To prevent flatulence, yoga poses can be effectively used.