Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Veena Kaul AimYour feedback matters!
Since my first pregnancy, I came to know that I am a low blood pressure person. 0n 15 July 2012, after finished my lunch at the food court, suddenly felt cold sweat and blur vision. Rested and went back home to take a nap. Woke up was ok and fine as normal. Went back to work and thought it may be good to see the doctor. Got shock that my blood pressure shot up to 160. Doctor asked me why and anything happen that trigger the situation. Everything was normal. I was given 1 week to see him. Since then I monitored my bp everyday around 10 pm. It range from 130 - 150 / 60 - 85. At the same I took black fungus, red dates, wolfberry with ginger soup with lecithin after my meals. Just this few day, my bp drops to 111/64. My BMI is 21. Do I consider myself back to my normal pressure or otherwise? Please advise me. Thanks.
Does eating garlic empty stomach in morning helps in lowering bp? Does it cause any gastric trouble?
I have 480 cholesterol. TWO EYE CIRCLE HAS FULLY cholesterol. I AM 24 YEARS OLD. MY weight is 65 KG. Please tell me how can I reduce this cholesterol? I take rojavel20 medicine continue.
I am 32 years old male. I have high blood pressure, and borderline sugar, cholesterol also. What should I have to do?
Hello sir I am sending my lipid profile report plasma blood glucose (F) 91. Cholesterol 180 Triglycerides 113. HDL 40 nonhdl cholesterol 140. LDL 117 VLDL 24 my bp is always fluctuating it is around 130/90 please advise.
How to reduce cholesterol level. I would like to know if eating garlic helps reduce cholesterol. And does workout help in reducing it.
Respected doctors My aged 55 years ,diabetic and had heart attack last 4 and half months back angioplasty had done and inserted one medicated stent my question and problem is can I drive the two wheeler and play badminton daily.
I have blood pressure of 150/92 how I can reduce it to 130/84? my age is 49 yrs. Pls guide me medically.
I am 50 year old male. I have been having my blood cholesterol increasing over the last 1 year period gradually. I am a vegetarian, and have a more sedentary office lifestyle, with very less physical activity. My data -- Total/LDL/HDL was 201/140/35 a year ago and is now at 241/190/30. Can you advise if I can improve without medicines and if not suggest suitable medication.
Hello doctor, I had suffered since last two year, because of chest pain. That pain is not exactly verified by me. I used to of smoking since last five year, But I left it for last four months. In first month of that I felt that the pain is losing its intensity but now it again harm in same as past time .I had consented doctor in 2014 about this pain. He took my chest xray and give some medicine to me and say it would be cure soon. I took medicine regular ,pain is reduced somewhat. But I still suffer same pain .please doctor suggest me something.
Dear sir my chest is very painful process but time to time. Low and high systematic problems so please help me. With regards.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
Related Tip: Heart Care in Your Hands
I am having hypertension. Last 3 years I am taking Telma 40 at early morning. Now it is raising to 130/93 despite using the tablet. I do no have diabetes and hypothyroidism. Kindly advise me.
I have stuttering problem while speaking. I am trying for bpo companies, they are saying you have good English even though because of stuttering they are backing while selecting and moreover I'm saying post me into non voice section but my talks are desperate. For proper communication please guide me what steps I need to follow. When I start speaking unknowingly my chest part starts jolting, increases my heart beat and my mind goes off with tense and I will go out of track from what I supposed to speak. From kindergarten I'm suffering from stammering. Please guide me what kind of remedies I need to follow to talk like a normal person.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.