Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VeenaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old male. I sex with my girl friend. But I just touched 3 to 4 times her vagina. Sperm is not entered. She gone pregnant o not?
I am 20 years old and my periods has been delayed by 12 days already but I have not got periods yet. I feel slight cramping and pain in my lower abdomen and waist similar to pre menstrual cramps. I am not sexually active so pregnancy is definitely ruled out. Normally I get regular periods with a good flow. Please suggest some tips aur medicines to start my flow as soon as possible as this tension is affecting my studies and daily life. Please help as soon as possible.
Heavy bleeding at the time of period in age of 49 is normal or not? And period frequency is also before 10 days. She always suffering from bleeding and heavy pain. I want to know that heavy bleeding and early periods is a sign of menopause or not? Is menopause possible in the age of 49? We should consult a gynecologist or not?
I Am suffering from Vaginismus. I am very depressed. What should I do. It's being 1 year of marriage. Not able to do sex. I already visited to gynecologist. She said you have to bear pain. I'M very depressed.
Pregnancy is that situation in a woman’s life when she is expecting her newborn, and her body is preparing itself to support the baby in the womb. Gaining weight is a common problem and that may lead to complications during pregnancy.
Thus, when you are pregnant, it is necessary that you keep a check on your weight and see that obesity does not affect you or your baby’s health.
To control weight during pregnancy it is necessary that you
Keep check on diet and,
Keep a check on diet:
During pregnancy, you will get lots of suggestions from everybody about what to eat and what not to. Even you too will feel like eating this and that. What you should follow is what your doctor suggests. You need to be very careful about the food that you eat. There should be proper diet. The following tips will be useful.
Do not eat junk food as they contain oil and sugar that increase your weight. Thus, avoid junk food.
Do not keep your stomach empty, keep eating after some time and eat in small portions. Instead of having three main meals it is better to have five to six meals in small portions. These light meals will help you get the required amount of nutrients and energy but will not be heavy on the sugar level.
Go for a healthy breakfast. There is a common belief that skipping meals will help you reduce weight, but the fact is that you do not lose weight, instead when you skip meals you feel hungry and in the meal that you take later, you tend to eat more. Thus, choose and eat a healthy breakfast that is good for your baby. It will also help you cope with morning sickness.
Drink enough water. It is necessary that you keep your body hydrated during pregnancy. Lack of water is not good for the baby. Moreover, if you drink enough water, you will feel refreshed and even kill extra appetite.
There is a misconception that during pregnancy, you should not exercise. You need full rest. The truth is that exercising will increase the blood flow within your body that is good for the baby. Yes, for morning sickness you may not be able to do exercises but try to do some under proper supervision.
Still, if you find that you are gaining excess weight, then consult your physician.
Can I get aids by oral sex ,if my partner have aids. Is oral sex safe for us. And one thing how I can know that my partner is suffering from aids.
Dear Sir/madam, I am 29 years old married male, want to get my wife pregnant, which position during intercourse helps in deeper penetration, please suggest.
I have seven year girl and my wife monthly cycle is irregular that is pcod problem and fertility egg are not strong to conceive thas why two time missed abortion. Pl tell medicine or it cure it.
I had intercourse with my gf on 27th April late night. I used standard condom and just after finishing intercourse she asked if I have ejaculated over her vagina (she said this while touching outer part of her vagina). I was sure that condom wasn't torn, even went to washroom and checked it closely. I thought it must be her own wet lube. After 10 mins, even asked her to get washed off. 2 days later on 30th, she vomited in the afternoon and said it may be due to hot summer. Since then I got worried. I'm sure I didn't ejaculate inside her and condom wasn't torn. Her last periods were on 11 april and it's been more than 3 days since our intercourse. She doesn't have any abdominal pain as such and no other issue till now. Want to know if there is anything worrying? Any precaution to be taken?
I'm disturbed as my wife shows less interest in sex. I want to know if its her physical problems or she is not excited with me. I also want to understand if she has any sexual feelings in her which she is unable to express with me every night she comes to bed and dozzes off. Bug when I pester her she cooperates but does not involve much. What k observed is she is always wet in her pussy. K feel that she might be thinking about sex in mind .but not readily coming to indulge in sex. She rarely says no go sex but every time I have to keep on asking kindly suggest is their a way to understand if she needs sex with man why is she not showing sex interest I am depressed and want sex life for both of us happily. I open even to know if she is having an urge go sleep with other man also Please suggest me.
Hello Doctor, Meri shadi ko 9 saal ho gaye hai par Abhi tak koi bacche nahi hai meri wife ko bacche Dani me fibroid hai 3 machine pahle sonografi Karaya tha to 1.7 ×1.7 tha aaj phir se sonografi Karaya to 9mms bata Raha hai ye kab tak Sahi Hoga please koi suggestions dijiye.
This is my 8th day I'm late for ny periods the last time I got my periods was on the 6th of April. My husband and I made love like 3 times on the the 17th of April the same day am I pregnant.
After delivery in 2015 I got my periods back in 7 months. initially the flow was excess later it reduced. Last month it lasted for 2 days tht to in negligible amount. Dates are as follows - feb 15, mar 1, apr 20, may 23, jun 30. Kindly advice what to do ? Ths month as on date I dnt get my periods.
My last period is 26 after periods when shld I do sex with my husband I have 3 days of periods when is my ovulation is I have thyroid problem too would I able to get pregnant pls tel me my periods are 27 and 28 days cycle I get early periods wt problem.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain , especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that a doctor will help you with.