Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana SharmaYour feedback matters!
My wife and I are planning for a baby. Right now she is not pregnant. She does swimming. Will swimming to be stopped or it has problem. She swims everyday and because we have decided to go for baby we would like to take precautions. Please educate us what else can be avoided and is there anyway without waiting for periods we should know that pregnancy has arrived.
Hello Sir/Madam, 4 months back got a baby, had sex and penetrated sperm also, so wife gets pregnancy or what is the gap for second baby?
Hi. I had some blood discharge today which is 12 days early from my menstrual cycle. I cant understand the reason but I have a female dog whose period started 2 days ago and I take care of her. Is there any possibility that my dog's period affected my period cycle?
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
My wife was pregnant but get aborted itself after 2 months. Since then we are trying to plan for child but facing difficulty. What to do?
Hi I am 25 years old married women I have delivered baby boy on date 23. 03. 2015 through cesarean but till date I feel pain left side of my uterus and still date blood is discharged from uterus through vagina so kindly suggest the medicine for treatment thanks
My wife is in the 23rd week of pregnancy. At the beginning of 21 weeks, she started to bleed. Doctor examined & deduced about Placenta Previa Posterior Type-II. Kindly let me know, about the risk factors involved & whether she will be able to deliver properly or not!
My wife has one month pregnancy but we do not want child because we have already two children. I want to know about MTP.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
2. Gives a healthier and younger looking skin.
3. Prevents constipation.
4. Maintains the internal environment of the body.
5. Helps in dieting for calorie conscious individuals.
6. Prevents kidney or ureteric stones