Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana KandpalYour feedback matters!
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am in my 5th day of periods. Usually, bleeding subsides by this time but till now its bleeding heavily. Please help. I am 32.
Hello Doctor, I am not satisfied with using condom during sex. Can my partner use pills? It is safe for her health.
We r try to conceive a baby for last 1 years .my husbands sperm count is low 45. My last period date is 16 june. And now I gone to a holiday trip. please tel me how earlier I know about my pregnancy .then I cancel my trip if I am preg.
My wife's age is 42 and my age is 44. We have sex once in month. My wife not like sex. How interest is develop in her about sex.
Hi my self Prasad. I had unprotected sex with my gf. On 12 of march. Her period was 6th of March. But she missed the period of April normally she will have periods every month 1st to 6th only. Nw its 45 days she didn't get periods. Am scaring she got pregnant. If she is pregnant means how take cure.
Dear Dr. My monthly period is delayed by almost 20 days and still not yet. Till last month it was regular but this month it is missed and 20 days passed. I am using copper-T from past 2 years and having thyroid which is in normal only. 2 times have done the pregnancy check last week and this week in the morning only but Negative. Kindly suggest to get my period regularly Thank you.
I have missed my periods so i am confused whether i am pregnant or not ,i dont want unwanted pregnancy .Please suggest natural way to abort which should not effect future pregnancy
I got a tetanus injection on my hip about 2 weeks back. I just noticed that there's a lump in the area which was sore after the injection was given. What should I do.
I want to have sex with my wife without condom and also want no pregnancy. Please tell me the days of safe sex regarding no pregnancy from her periods.
When we try to conceive, my period pains is severe and period also comes late. But when we don't try that month my period is regular and not much painful. Generally my period is always regular and not much painful.
Sir/ Madam, I am 33 year female height is 155 Cm Weight is 65 Kg, There is joint pain in all my body parts, Feel uneasy, no mood for doing anything, feel like no energy, Feel Sleepy.
Age 38 years trying to conceive for last six months bt not successful. My gynae earlier gave clofert tablets for five days. This month she has given stimufol tablets and advised for HSG test. AMH is 6.89. Kindly help me I right direction. I do not want to go for any complicated tests like HSG right now.
Mere period miss ho rhe pichli baar 17ko aaya tha and is baar abhi tak nhi aaya hai jbki maine relationship ke dauraan unwanted72bhi li thi 16march period k ek din phle. Kya uski wajha se mere period abhi tak nahi aay kindly help me.
Promotes digestion: apples are rich sources of insoluble fiber. So, it is no wonder that eating apples during pregnancy help in promoting digestion and providing better metabolism in pregnant women. It also helps in reducing intestinal disorders.
* power food: apples are nature's own power food. The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include providing the body with quick energy due to its carbohydrate content. An added benefit is that apples have very less calorie content.
* healthy heart pregnant women run a risk of heartburn due to the high blood pressure and acidity. Eating apples during pregnancy ensures the health and strength of your heart and reduces the risk of heartburn.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.